PDA

View Full Version : Did your cat ever open YOUR Christmas present?

Freckles
12-18-2003, 01:45 PM
My niece gave me three individually plastic wrapped loaves of
bread on a christmas plate with plastic wrap over that. I had
eaten the two mini-loaves, but the larger loaf was still wrapped
on the plate and stored on an extra bed in my bedroom. It is
normal for Freckles to get on the bed sometimes, so wasn't
concerned when I did see her up there.
HOWEVER,
when I wanted to make a sandwich using the Cottage bread,
look what I found.:)
http://home.comcast.net/~jwalborn1/wsb/media/254243/site1044.jpg

Maresche
12-18-2003, 01:58 PM
My grey tabby, Terra, has a thing for baked goods. She's been known to chew through plastic to get at freshly baked buns or english muffins. :rolleyes:

When she was a kitten she hauled a bag of english muffins about twice her size up the stairs and onto the bed so she could eat them while sponging off my body heat.

Logan
12-18-2003, 02:06 PM
LOL!!! Freckles wanted to join in on the holiday fun, Joan!!! :D

sirrahved
12-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Pickles opened an actual package for someone under the tree. Just a toy pony set for my cousin...

catnapper
12-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Well... my parents gave us a loaf of bread that everyone in our house is afraid to eat (picky eaters) - do you need me to send it care of Freckles?

Thank goodness my kitties just give me a hard time getting the presents wrapped - once done, they have no interest.:rolleyes:

Pam
12-18-2003, 05:26 PM
:D :D Joan, I have told this story before so to all Pet Talkers who have heard it already I apologize. One morning I came downstairs to find my two poodles, at the time - (they are now at the RB) standing facing Trevor in the dining room. As I got closer I saw that he had a Dunkin' Donut (cream flavor) in his mouth and they were waiting for him to drop it! LOL! He had jumped up on the kitchen counter and opened the lid of the cardboard box! LOL! It seems that some kitties really have a sweet tooth! Thanks for the laugh and the picture. It made my day! :)

bluekat
12-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Well, Blueberry hasn't ever opened a present before, but he loves sticking his head inside the bagged ones:p

AmberLee
12-19-2003, 12:59 AM
Blush, my Cassy seems to be my bad boy. I occasionally buy French bread in the paper wrapper. He LOVES to eat bread in paper. So far he leaves the bread alone if it's open to air or in plastic, or will leave the paper alone if the bread is out of it, but heaven help us if it's left out in paper somehow.

Cats!