PDA

View Full Version : Saw a cute dog at lunch today

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Yes, it's me, T & P's Mom from the cat side. :) I saw this today at lunch and thought it was so cute I had to share.

This guy is taking his dog for a walk during lunch. I don't know what kind of dog it was, but it was tall and real skinny like a Grayhound, but it had the coloring of a boxer, but was really skinny like a Grayhound.

Anyway, I don't know if it was because the dog was cold (no sweater or anything on such a skinny short haired dog) or if he was just excited to be out and about, but what he would do is put his nose to the ground to sniff at something so his front legs would stop so he could sniff, but his back legs would keep going. You know how if you have a herd of something running and the front one stops they all bunch up on each other? Well, that's what it looked like this dog was doing to himself. His back half was "bunching up" on his front half. It was so funny to watch. :D He did it a couple of times and then the hooman took him into one of the buildings nearby.

It was like his front half forgot to tell his back half to stop, or his back half was saying to his front half "Hey it's cold out here, get a move on!" :D :D

Cinder & Smoke
12-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
... His back half was "bunching up" on his front half...

It was like his front half forgot to tell
his back half to stop... :D

Dat's a Dawg Thing, Deb...

SmokeMutt duz a similar routine...

Noze down onna ground, movin along at a gud trot...
WHOA!! NEET Smell here...
Fruntz come to a dead stop... *sniff* *Sniff* *SNIFF*
Hiz BACK END keepz rite on truckin ~
but moves around in a Circle...
He'll *pivot* on his noze till he goze around wnust,
then trott off inna original direction!

:rolleyes:

aly
12-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us ! It sounds so funny. Too bad you didn't have a video camera!!

Was it a brindle color? There are brindle Greyhounds so maybe thats what the silly dog was?

cali
12-18-2003, 04:39 PM
I don't know what kind of dog it was, but it was tall and real skinny like a Grayhound, but it had the coloring of a boxer, but was really skinny like a Grayhound.

lol greyhounds are not gray ya know ;) , they come in fawn, and white, and red, and brindle, and blue, and black, and well you get the idea! lol it was most likly a greyhound!

cute story! greys are goofy dogs!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys. :) Phred, it did almost look like he wanted to turn in circles, but the front half got going before the back half could make a circle. ;) :D

I'm not sure what color brindle is, but it was a sort of tannish, brownish. I've seen grayhounds before and it didn't look like a grayhound. His head was more boxer like too, whereas a grayhounds head is sort of long and skinny - right? It wasn't quite as big as a grayhound either, but bigger than a normal boxer - and a lot skinnier than a boxer. Sorry, shows what I know about dogs. ;) :o ;)

cloverfdx
12-19-2003, 07:28 AM
Whatever the dogs breed it sounds stunning (maybe a mix of the 2 breeds)

and a very cute and funny story thankyou for sharing it, wish i could have seen it :D silly goofy pup :D