PDA

View Full Version : Have you herd of the Sohum (?sp) murders?

Rio and Me
12-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Well a while ago two young girls went missing together and were missing for ages and they found remains of the two girls (burned).
After ages of investigations Ian Huntley (he helped search for the girls) and Maxine Carr (both school assitant people) were questioned and eventually convicted (eventually he confessed, but denied MURDER) she lied the whole time untill he had confessed. Ian Huntley got 2 life sentance's for the MURDER and Rape (I think) of Holy Wells and Jessica Simpson and Maxine Carr got 3 1/2 years for perverting the course of justice (it makes me sick).
In resent papers it has been saying that she will properbly be released early next year, (6 months is hardly 3 1/2 years, Justice will not be done)
Thought I'd share if you didnt know, it's in all paper's, news flash's etc over here.
I'm sure if she is released early (or realsed at all) there will be somone waiting for her blood, (new iddentity or not, her butt ugly face is unmistakable)
Ky and Rio
PS sorry for long post, it's just that justice in this contry is sick

Logan
12-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Justice in a lot of countries is sick, Ky, so don't think you are alone in that. I don't know the specific case you mention, but I know that just yesterday a federal judge in the US agreed to allow John Hinckley, who tried to assasinate a former president, unsupervised visits, out of the asylum he currently resides in. What is wrong with this system????? And didn't someone just report here, in the Dog House, that a convicted child predator has moved in next door???

I am a pretty tolerant person, to a point, but this type of thing just makes my stomach turn, horribly. I completely understand how you are feeling.

Logan

2kitties
12-18-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I don't know the specific case you mention, but I know that just yesterday a federal judge in the US agreed to allow John Hinckley, who tried to assasinate a former president, unsupervised visits, out of the asylum he currently resides in.
Logan
Logan, I almost started a thread about this one. For God's sake. What do you have to do in this country to stay in prison. If attempted murder of a President isn't enough to get you an 8x8 for life, then what is?

Logan
12-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Remember 2Kitties, regardless of what he did, he was "innocent" by reason of insanity, darn it!!! :mad:

Edwina's Secretary
12-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Trivia question....Sarah Jane Moore...is she still in prison???

(Attempted to asassinate President Ford....)

Logan
12-18-2003, 05:39 PM
Yes, as far as I know, she did try to assassinate President Ford, and she received a life sentence. It is hard to find any new information on her (at least for me).

tatsxxx11
12-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Yes, Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme is still in jail (past 28??? years) for AIMING a gun (with no bullets in the chamber) at Pres. Ford! Hinckley's "not guilty by reason of insanity" verdict is the legal loophole that has provided him this "special treatment." :rolleyes: And he has repeatedly admitted over the years that he can ably deceive his therapists! It's sad, because there have been other recent "life without parole" verdicts applied to individuals who are truly psychotic and belong in psychiatric hospitals, not prisons. He gives "insanity" a bad name.

Logan
12-18-2003, 05:59 PM
I think it was 1975, Sandra, based on what I could find. Isn't that wild to start remembering all this history???

zanzanfergie
12-19-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Rio and Me
Well a while ago two young girls went missing together and were missing for ages and they found remains of the two girls (burned).
After ages of investigations Ian Huntley (he helped search for the girls) and Maxine Carr (both school assitant people) were questioned and eventually convicted (eventually he confessed, but denied MURDER) she lied the whole time untill he had confessed. Ian Huntley got 2 life sentance's for the MURDER and Rape (I think) of Holy Wells and Jessica Simpson and Maxine Carr got 3 1/2 years for perverting the course of justice (it makes me sick).
In resent papers it has been saying that she will properbly be released early next year, (6 months is hardly 3 1/2 years, Justice will not be done)
Thought I'd share if you didnt know, it's in all paper's, news flash's etc over here.
I'm sure if she is released early (or realsed at all) there will be somone waiting for her blood, (new iddentity or not, her butt ugly face is unmistakable)
Ky and Rio
PS sorry for long post, it's just that justice in this contry is sick
I've heard of this case, Ky, it's been front page news here on and off for awhile now.

I don't know if I agree that justice was served or not. I agree with the life imprisonment of Ian Huntley, but it's less clear with the lady. If all she did was attempt to protect her husband, then sick as what he did may be, I don't think she deserves a huge punishment. Jail time is definitely approporiate though.

JMHO, as always.

zanzanfergie
12-19-2003, 05:18 AM
http://www.channel4.com/news/2003/12/week_1/03_soham.html

That's on Carr specifically. There are links to more information about the case at the bottom of the article.

Julie Grove
12-20-2003, 09:26 AM
To think of MC walking the streets so soon sends shivers down my spine.

trayi52
12-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Very sad, that they would let murders walk the street after what they done, and the way it was done. :(