PDA

View Full Version : Snow Deprived Floridian.

Kfamr
12-18-2003, 01:07 AM
Well, we have an old old fridge/freezer in our garage that we borrowed for Thanksgiving(to keep all of the food in) from my grandpa's Appliance store/shop. It's one of those that have one door but when you open it there's a little door for the freezer. It has no defrost in it, so there's lots and lots of frost. Well, The other night I started playing with the frost and I threw some at my mom (SNOW!)

So yeah, anyways I thought i'd tell you about the sort of snow we have in Florida.

I had pictures but imagestation isn't allowing me to load them. :(

Dogz
12-18-2003, 07:29 AM
We got snow all over the ground here!:) I suppose some snow if better than none at all.:p

primabella
12-18-2003, 07:31 AM
It's been snowing non-stop. It's cold and windy but just to look outside and see the snow covered trees, it's all worth it. Just so beautiful. :)

isis
12-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Sounds like you had fun. :D

trayi52
12-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Kay some people have all the luck, don't they? I would love to have snow for christmas, thats what I want for Christmas.

By the way, Kay I have a big pot of that Chili cooking right now. Smells so good, I just can't wait. ummmmmmmm!!!!!! Got my cheese ready too. Yummmmy!

Tray

Kfamr
12-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Mmmmmmm Chili! I just told my mom and I said I think she should copy your idea. It's pretty chilly here and perfect for chili! :p

CamCamPup33
12-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Mmmmmmm Chili! I just told my mom and I said I think she should copy your idea. It's pretty chilly here and perfect for chili! :p

It's freezing here! :D I LOVE IT! :D mehh i dont even have that kind of snow! :( i think im the deprived one! :p

trayi52
12-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Well I am standing over the kettle, waiting with my bowl and spoon.

Its getting windy here and turning off cold, they are calling for some snow in the upper parts of Tennessee, I don't think we will get any though, we live so close to the Alabama State line, It just usually turns to ice and that is a pain in the, well you know what I am talking about.LOL. But I am sure it is going to turn off colder. I can already feel it. Wishing for snow, not sleet.

Tray:)

CamCamPup33
12-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Well I am standing over the kettle, waiting with my bowl and spoon.

Its getting windy here and turning off cold, they are calling for some snow in the upper parts of Tennessee, I don't think we will get any though, we live so close to the Alabama State line, It just usually turns to ice and that is a pain in the, well you know what I am talking about.LOL. But I am sure it is going to turn off colder. I can already feel it. Wishing for snow, not sleet.

Tray:)

REALLY?! im going up to tennessee the day after christmas! Think i'll see snow?

*Crosses fingers*

trayi52
12-18-2003, 05:06 PM
Probably if you go to the upper parts or the eastern part of Tennessee, you just might see some snow. What part are you going to?

Kfamr
12-18-2003, 05:17 PM
The only time i've seen snow as when I was in Tennesee. :p I love it there, but of course it was only a few minutes I got to ejoy it because we were packing up to go home that day.

trayi52
12-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Tennessee is okay, I live so close to the Alabama state line, " we is jest fill up with them thar rednecks" LOL. It is just a very very small town, well I live in between the town of Waynesboro and Collinwood, Tn. About 35 miles from Florence, Alabama. :)

slleipnir
12-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Urg, we've had two huge snow storms here already..If you want a -cold- snowy winter, be sure to come to PEI. It won't let you down..-shoos snow off to florida-

Kfamr
12-18-2003, 07:06 PM
Send some in a jar! ;D

dukedogsmom
12-18-2003, 07:17 PM
I had chilli for supper last night and lunch today! It's taken it's revenge on me last night and this morning :( I'll post some snow pics the second week of January when I'm in Maryland. I'm probably going to be by myself because my brother/sister in law can't get time off. I'll be afraid to drive in ice so I'll be spending lots of time on computer!

Dogz
12-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Send some in a jar! ;D

I already sent a cooler to Amber!:p

Kfamr
12-18-2003, 07:33 PM
-jealous- :p

GoldenRetrLuver
12-18-2003, 08:28 PM
Hey, don't forget to send some snow down to CA too! :D :p

bluekat
12-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Hehe, I'll send snow to all you guys if you want:p We get so much snow here, and its always freezing! Exactly the opposite of Florida.
I'm looking forward to a white Christmas!:D

CathyBogart
12-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Hey, don't forget to send some snow down to CA too! :D :p

Aii, no, please don't!! I get cold sooo easily, I can't stand the snow!!

GoldenRetrLuver
12-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
Aii, no, please don't!! I get cold sooo easily, I can't stand the snow!!

Then turn on your heater!! ;) :p
I want snow! :D

bluekat
12-18-2003, 09:42 PM
LOL, I love the snow, but I hate the cold:p

Karen
12-18-2003, 10:28 PM
My cousin who grew up in Florida saw snow for the first time when he was a teenager and came North for my grandfather's funeral. It was January, and there were only a few inches on the ground, which we thought was not very impressive, but he was QUITE impressed. Then it snowed the day we they were leaving, so he got to see some fall, and was very excited. His mom, my Aunt Delle, who moved to Florida to ESCAPE the snow, just couldn't wait to get back to the warmth - and her horses.

To each his or her own, I guess! We hads rain the other day, so don't have much left, but I'm hoping for more soon.

Logan
12-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Right before Helen and I moved here, I told her we would drive until we found snow. We lived in Columbia, SC at the time, and she was 4. We drove to Greenville, kept going, started seeing snow on the ground outside of town, but we kept going, and I remember her saying "find more", and we ended up driving to the top of the mountain to a place called Caesar's Head, where there is a state park, and we tromped through one foot of snow. Had a wonderful time, then turned around and drove all the way back to Columbia with our wet jeans and shoes! That was one of the most fun and memorable "trips" I can ever remember taking with her!!! And she doesn't even remember it, except through the stories I tell!! :o

trayi52
12-19-2003, 12:04 AM
Logan, I guess you are just going to have to repeat it maybe now? Then you will have a new memory together that you can both enjoy.

I heard it was snowing a little in Cookville, but that is so far away from us. I would rather get snow than ice, we got ice one year here and the electric went off, some people stayed without electricity for about two weeks. We were lucky, ours was back on before morning, funny we lived on one side of the road and the people that lived on the other didn't have electric. I guess it just depended on what transformer you were getting your electric from.

Send me some snow too!!!!!!:)

popcornbird
12-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Logan, we sometimes *drive until we hit snow* as well! Some winters, my dad will wake up one morning and say *Get ready! We're going to drive drive drive........until we hit snow!* So we get in the car, and drive, until we hit snow! Its so much fun, especially when we start getting to colder areas, we'll see small patches of snow.........and as we go further, the snow will get deeper, and deeper, and deeper. If we drive far enough, sometimes we hit snow that is several feet deep. Then we get out, and walk in it.............and it will be so deep that it goes past our knees and we can't walk! LOL! The best part is sledding! I LOVE sledding! I do wish it snowed in my town, because I would love to see my neighborhood covered in white, but still, we are fortunate to be close enough to snow, to get up and drive to snowy areas when we feel like it!

trayi52
12-19-2003, 12:58 AM
Oh Poppy we were coming back from a furniture market in High Point, North Carolina, one time and I was driving, (I am bad on ice, I drive like there is no ice or snow, I tend to forget it is there), we decided to go through Maggie Valley and on over into Cherokee, North Carolina, as we got closer it was snowing a lot, and I ended up following a snowplow up the mountain and down the mountain into Cherokee, we were going to stay but they were calling for more snow so we decided we better get out of there and not get caught in the snow, that mountain gets closed down sometimes during the winter, and back then Monteagle mountain was really trecherous. So we left and come back here to hick town, mean home. LOL. It was so beautiful there with all that snow, I would have stayed. Would have been nice.

Lin my daughter is in PA right now, don't know what part though, but she is playing in the snow. I wish she would come home, I miss my baby. :(