PDA

View Full Version : GREAT news for my dads ferals!

luckies4me
12-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Well I talked to my dad tonight and the place I contacted finally was able to deliver my dad some traps so he can catch the kitties. Finally! They will all be spayed/neutered, dewormed, vaccinated, microchipped and deflead! I am so happy I was finally able to help my dad and these cats. He will still be keeping snowball, and she will be an inside cat once her fleas are gone, since my dad is terribly allergic to fleas. :p

AND, good news for my dad. His hypothermic chamber treatments are working and he's actually up and moving! :D

kimlovescats
12-18-2003, 12:29 AM
Praise God!!!! :D

shais_mom
12-18-2003, 06:12 AM
YEAA!!!
So glad to hear it!!! You deserve some good news!! :)

Karen
12-18-2003, 07:02 AM
Yaaaayyyyyyyy! :D :D :D :D

K & L
12-18-2003, 08:27 AM
What wonderful news!!! I'm very impressed with your Dad for doing all of this! Please let us know how it all goes. Thank your Dad!

catcrazylady
12-18-2003, 08:57 AM
HOW WONDERFUL!!! What a Merry Christmas this is!!!!

Keep us posted on how it goes. Be sure to let your dad know just how wonderful we think both of you are!!!!

catmandu
12-18-2003, 09:08 AM
Praise God , indeedthat these Little ones may receive a Furr Ever Home. and the Lords wrath , and fury on those that abandoned them . May , in thier case , the punishment fit the crime.

luckies4me
12-18-2003, 10:53 AM
Thank you all so much! I can't explain how happy I am about these kitties! They will no longer have to suffer, although my dad takes good care of them. They will now find a safe place to sleep at night, no more cat fats or spreading disease, NO MORE BABIES!!! I am so happy for my father, for after losing Patricia he has had it rough, and these cats have saved his life. He loves his little snowball angle, and she him. I am glad he will keep her. He needs a furry friend.

YES, I said it right, my dad is WALKING!!!! :D :D :D His left leg is still bad, but he now feels so much better on his right leg, and he can walk with his cane. He's cleaning his house, taking a walk down to the lake, and just soaking up some sun. I am so darn happy I could explode with joy! He still has a couple more months of treatment left, and I am pretty confident this could be the treatment that changes everything for the better. :)

Logan
12-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Cass, I am delighted to hear this news!! Now if you could only tell us that you have an opportunity to visit your family, in person, it would make my day!!!! :)

luckies4me
12-18-2003, 11:34 AM
I was supposed to go there for Christmas but my family didn't have enough money to send me and Dylan. Their wrought iron fence broke and it cost 1, 500 to fix it. Then, they needed new brakes, and my brother and his girlfriend split up so they had to take my brother in, so he's staying with them and there is really nowhere for me to stay. :( I had my Christmas planned out and everything, but they changed their minds. :( To top it off, my best friend in the whole world is moving to Arizona to be with his son, and he leaves in March, and I may not have a chance to see him in person before he leaves. But I am keeping my hopes up and hoping that I will make it there without the next couple of months, or so I hope.

If anyone can say a prayer for my brother, he is going through a very hard time right now. Him and his gf split after 5 years, and having a child, Eathan, he is now three. It is taking such a toll on my brother that he hasn't slept in days and dad is afraid he may do the unthinkable. :( He broke down after talking to my dad, and just cried. When I spoke to him on the phone he sounded horrible. I mean, I don't always like my brother and the things he does/doesn't do, but I still love him and wish him the best for everything. I feel really bad for the child though, but that's another long story...........and one that's really sad.

Steffi N
12-18-2003, 03:05 PM
Cass, this is wonderful news about your father and the kitties and I wish that all could be happy in your life. I just hope your brother can pull himself together for his own sake and the sake of his child. I am sorry you will not have the holidays with your family, but I do hope you will be able to see them before too long. Please take care and let love keep guiding you.

moosmom
12-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Cass,

I'm sorry you won't be able to spend the holidays with your family. But I'm SO happy to hear your Dad is doing better and the cats will finally be cared for.

I know how devastating a break up can be. I hope your brother will get a good lawyer that can fight for his rights to visit with his son. A father is so important to a boy at such an early age. I hope your brother and his GF can set aside their differences in the best interest of your nephew.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Happy holidays to you!!

(((hugs)))