PDA

View Full Version : has anyone given their dogs this?

Adge Gibbs
12-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul (http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/)

I gave a can of this to Seven today as a treat for being so patient (I've been working a LOT, but my mom and friends have been coming by to play with him and eat my food :D )

He absolutely INHALED it. I gave him a second can and BAM... that one is gone too. He kept following me around with the bowl in his mouth after that.

Scary. I don't know if that's good or bad that he likes it that much. He's staring at me right now...bowl still in his mouth.

I'm getting scared.

Toby's Mommy
12-17-2003, 05:55 PM
I haven't even heard of it

Dogz
12-17-2003, 06:04 PM
I haven't heard of it either.

Kfamr
12-17-2003, 06:06 PM
I've heard of it and it's been talked aobut SEVERAL times here on Pet Talk. Everyone who's fed it to their dogs have said it's a very good food.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-17-2003, 06:27 PM
I REALLY want to switch my dogs over to Chicken Soup. I've heard nothing but the best from it. If only it weren't so hard to find. :(

binka_nugget
12-17-2003, 06:27 PM
It's a very good food. I will feed both my boys this kibble until I can switch back to raw or homecooked. The ingredients are wonderful and it's the only food that Kai voluntarily eats when I ask him to. We've tried wellness, Innova, Eukanuba, Ol Roy (EW..this was in my pre-pet talk days) and a whole bunch of sample packs. Chicken soup is the only kind of kibble he'll eat and luckily for me, Kaedyn also loves this food. It smells quite nice for a kibble. I used to have to hand feed Kaedyn because he was too afraid to eat out of a bowl...I forgot to wash my hands one day and smelt chicken on me the whole day at school.

shais_mom
12-17-2003, 06:55 PM
I feed Keegan the dry Chicken Soup but haven't seen the cans of it yet. Will have to look for it.
Keegan loves it.

dukedogsmom
12-17-2003, 07:53 PM
That is so cool! However, could Duke eat it with his past history of Pancreaitis(sp)?

My Peanuts
12-18-2003, 02:03 PM
I switched from Eukanuba to the Chicken soup food. Sylvia and Harley love it and I love the ingredients they use. If anyone tries it I bet they will love it too. Also, my pups don't itch as much as they did on Eukanuba. There have been a few posts about this already. There is a particularly long one when I asked about Eukanuba and that's when I switched. The only problem is that it is not carried everywhere. The Chicken soup website has a locator that helps.

My Peanuts
12-18-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
That is so cool! However, could Duke eat it with his past history of Pancreaitis(sp)?

I had a dog with that in the past. I think you should ask your vet. Chicken Soup does come in a Senor formula, which is what my dog with Pancreaitis was on (not chicken soup food. it wasn't out then) Hope that helps a little.

Christiansmommy
12-18-2003, 02:11 PM
I posted about the canned Chicken Soup not too long ago. I know a lot of people use the dry, and the canned is now coming out in the stores. Yes, i bought it and Dale LOVES it!!! If i just show him the can...he comes running, and he isnt the type of dog to inhale his food (oddly enough, since he is a giant breed), but he just loves it, and for being canned, it actually smells good, as does the dry. I think more stores will start to carry the canned soon...it is newer that the dry. I only gove him a taste of it mixed with his dinner at night...with some water...makes it like a broth over his kibble.

tikeyas_mom
12-18-2003, 03:32 PM
i feed all three of my dogs that. in small amounts because i has alot of protien in it and dogs can and will get over weight fast if they eat to much of it all the time..