PDA

View Full Version : Dylan & Eliot - getting to be buddies

sirrahbed
12-17-2003, 03:52 PM
OK - indulge me one more time today - This was a surprise to see these two on the hammock. So they were back to back - they stayed there a few hours!! After I took the picture, they took a long nap! I think they will be buddies for sure. Now...what to do about little Emily? She has been looking very forlorn lately - remember the kitty sandwich last night? She is still moping today and I wonder is she is lonesome? Does she now need a friend of her own? Anyway...here are the guys:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p6bfb3b9871401945d9fe7baf4ff19245/fa463e82.jpg

kimlovescats
12-17-2003, 03:53 PM
They are both just so pretty, and how wonderful to see them sharing the hammock!!!! "Buds in the making!":D

RedHedd
12-17-2003, 03:59 PM
Aw! Give Emily some time - it really hasn't been too long. You are SO lucky that Dylan just fit in so quickly. The boys seem to have bonded quickly; your little girl may take a while longer to adjust to your newest addition. Of course, being on PT, there is a contingent here that will vote for you to get another, right, gang? :D

P.S. OOH! Dylan looks SO smoochably fluffy!

sirrahbed
12-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Aw! Give Emily some time - it really hasn't been too long.

Oh yes, I KNOW you are right but she is so pitiful! Besides, three is my absolute limit! She so wants to play with the boys. Today, Dylan was going down the hall and she was bunny hopping over him but he just ignores her:( He will be sprawled out on the bed or sofa and she comes up for a nosey and then just sits and stares at him. I think that is why she ended up in bed with Eliot last night - that has not happened for many months. Maybe she will decide meowmy is not so bad afterall. She adored me when she was a baby and soon became daddy's girl and I became the food dispenser and cat box cleaner. Little brat! I will try to give her lots of snuggles and see if I can win her back!!:D Girls unite!!

jenluckenbach
12-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Great picture!
Emily will fit in when she feels right about it. When Little Kim came, she was aloof and hissed at everyone. For a lot longer than I expected, but she fits in now and has become Monte's best pal.

Barbara
12-18-2003, 03:44 AM
That's a supercute picture.
I agree -let them find their balance first before you think about another cat. The situation now is not final. But it's a good start:D

Vio&Juni
12-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Oh, they look so sweet together :)

catmandu
12-18-2003, 09:28 AM
I have always found that no matter , how cramped thespace seems to be , that cats will adapt themselves to any situaton. Meeowy Catmac , Dylan and Elliot , from The Found Cats Hotel.

jazzcat
12-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Now...what to do about little Emily? She has been looking very forlorn lately - remember the kitty sandwich last night? She is still moping today and I wonder is she is lonesome? Does she now need a friend of her own?

Maybe cat #4???? As the others said, give her time but if you really want a cat #4 then I say go for it - when the time is right and Dylan is well settled in. I would love to round up to 4 in my house. I really want a kitten because I think Jazz would bond with it and make her feel better. She's been very jealous since Scout came home in July and she and Scout got off on the wrong foot as far as bonding. Jazz didn't know how to react to her and Scout automatically swatted at Jazz. That pretty much established their relationship which continues on today.

Oh well, I'm all for adding to the family but I do think Emily will adjust with time.

Lallypop11
12-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Boys definitely bond, that's how Bubby and Lucky were....Priss has had her jealous moments, Emily will get over it, she knows that she is the princess, I'm sure :D

sirrahved
12-18-2003, 10:53 AM
You're thinking about ANOTHER? I didn't see that coming!!! Just as long as WE have a place to sleep when we visit I'm all for it!!!:D

sirrahbed
12-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
You're thinking about ANOTHER? I didn't see that coming!!! Just as long as WE have a place to sleep when we visit I'm all for it!!!:D

Oh no - THREE is the limit - unless of course we can have Pickles ;) Yes, plenty of room for you to sleep here but that never means no hot water bottles that move around. :D :D

RedHedd
12-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Yes, plenty of room for you to sleep here but that never means no hot water bottles that move around. :D :D
Oh! Those wonderful fur-covered self-propelled portable heaters! :D

amoore
12-19-2003, 12:12 PM
That is so great about Dylan and Elliot getting along so well! I wish Sunny would let me get another kitty. Maybe if I had got one when he was younger. He liked other cats then. Sunny hates Loverboy. Loverboy goes back to the people that had him before and stays there a week at a time. He spends more time here. He won't stay in our house. He gos crazy if you put him in the house. Sunny don't want him in our house either.