PDA

View Full Version : I hate stupid people!!!

lovemyshiba
12-17-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm sitting home today, on my day off, and the phone rings. It's my neighbor--he says "there's 2 dogs running around outside" I did a quick head count (even though they were all in with me) and he said he knew they weren't mine, but that I may want to get them (obviously he knows me well). He said one was a husky, and one a brown dog. Immediately I knew who they belonged to. We had picked them up earlier this summer, no tags, and called the police (we don't have animal control in our township). He took them that day and dropped them off. A few months ago, my husband saw a police car in front of the house dropping the dogs off again.
Now, my husband and I got ahold of these 2, grabbed a couple of leashes, and walked up the street. We knocked on the door, and heard a dog barking. After about 5 minutes later, a girl with her hair dyed red, yellow and black sticking out all over the place, and multiple piercings on her face answered the door. She had been sleeping, and didn't know those 2 got out. It turns out there were 2 more dogs in the house, and a cat (only 1 we could see). She said "oh" when she opened the door. That's all. Oh.
My husband started on her a little bit, but it was obvious that the words went in one ear and out the other, so we left.
The last time we picked them up, the cop took them home and came back to return the leashes, and said that the girl didn't even know the hound's name (it's Rosie). I found out because she had a rabies tag on, and called the vet on there, and she was registered to PAWS. They hadn't re-registered her in their name yet.

When I walked out front to see where they were, I called her name, and the two of them came bounding over to me, tails wagging. They really seem like 2 sweet dogs. The husky, however, isn't fixed yet. Last time we found them, he was a pup, but obviously at least 2 months old, and that was in July or so. He's old enough.

That is the last time I will return those dogs to them. I don't know what I will do with them, but they are not going back to that house again, if I find them.

The girl didn't even know they were gone, and wasn't at all happy to see them when we brought them back.
Grrrrrrrr.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

**I am not trying to sound derogatory to anyone with dyed hair or piercings, just trying to describe the girl.**

Kfamr
12-17-2003, 03:26 PM
:mad: :mad:
Some people shouldn't own animals at all, especially idiots.
I guess they don't even take them to the Vets. How irresponsible. :(

When I read the title of this thread, I thought to myself *"Me too, me too!"*.

Amber
12-17-2003, 04:32 PM
Uhh. That disgust me! That girl has no love for her animals. Gee, if that were my 2 dogs that gone out I would have went crazy with a capital C.
She doesnt desereve to own any animals:( :mad:

K9soul
12-17-2003, 04:36 PM
It just breaks your heart and angers, frustrates, saddens so much, because the dogs are so dependent and unable to help themselves. They are totally reliant on their human guardians to take care of them!

Poor pups. I sure hope their situation can change for the better. It sure sounds like they would be better off in a different home. :(

countrycowgirl
12-17-2003, 07:38 PM
since the dogs had been given back before and they were out agian i would have not returned them i know thats probuly not the best thing but i live in the country so around here you can do that im sure in the city you can't but people like that make me sick why do they even own animals:mad:

Dogz
12-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Amber
Gee, if that were my 2 dogs that gone out I would have went crazy with a capital C.
I'd spell it with a capital C.R.A.Z.Y.

Ugh, when I read the title to this thread I also thought, "me too".

lovemyshiba
12-17-2003, 11:35 PM
I found a picture of Rosie from PAWS adopted dogs page
http://centrecountypaws.org/images/dogs/2002/22May02/rosie2_tn.jpg

I would think they would want to get a new tag for her, being that she was adopted in 2002, and still has their name on it.

I thought of something else tonight: I wonder if Rosie and the husky aren't outside dogs? There were 2 still in the house, why were these 2 out?? These people probably think since it is a husky it wants to be outside in the winter.

luckies4me
12-18-2003, 12:28 AM
Aww she looks so cute! :( Too bad she wasn't adopted by someone responsible. :( :mad:

I think you should take them! ;)

lovemyshiba
12-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me

I think you should take them! ;)

You think that thought didn't cross my mind already??;)

The first time we found them, back in the summer, when the cop took them, he was going to take them to one of the vets. I told him to give them my number in case no one claimed the husky!!!!
I knew Rosie already had a "home."

GraphicsByAmy
12-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Argh. People like that make me mad too. I can't even watch that Animal Cops show because I get so angry and all the irresponsible pet owners. Makes me so upset that some people consider animals property and not living creatures. Ugh! I'm getting mad just typing this. :mad:

ME!
12-18-2003, 04:14 PM
thats terrible!!!
i would take them, or try to get to know the girl better so maybe you can coax her to give them to you. rosie is a beautiful dog.

good luck!