PDA

View Full Version : Kim

sirrahbed
12-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Hi Kim -
Is there anywhere you have some sort of bio or write up about what all you do with cats? I have been here since the summer and cannot keep track with all the cat work you do! Between fosters and rescues, kittens, sick babies, etc - I am intrigued, curious and wish I knew more. Plus you work outside the home??
Thanks!!
:)

kimlovescats
12-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Hi!

I have been doing cat rescue work from my home for over a year now ... maybe longer, not sure!!! My husband and I equally love cats, and want to help as many as we can. Hubby built a huge enclosure in our garage with built-in perches and a litter box cover ... and we heat and cool it during the seasons. Most recently though, we have turned one of our bedrooms into a kitty room!!! I am thrilled because now I can have most of my fosters right under my nose!!! ;) Of course there are always several cats / kitties free-roaming the house ... plus we have kitten cages scattered about as well! One is in my kitchen right now! :eek:

I work closely with my vet, who has been good about selling me vials of medication and teaching me to give injections and even subcue fluids myself. This came in very handy while I had 17 cats sick at once with the URI.

I am constantly doing research on cat health, and cat medications in order to learn as much as I can to better provide for my babies. I have recently worked some with another rescue in my area, but am still operating "on my own" and we fund all our food, medications, vet care out of our own pockets. We do take donations when we place kitties, though we don't place a particular $price$ on a cat's head .... our #1 goal is to find them loving homes! I have been very fortunate to have a couple of folks from PT send me surprise donations, so that has been very helpful as well.

Thank you for making me really think about what I do .... I just sat down and listed all of the kitties I can remember at this time, and I have a list of 61 rescues I've done. I've only kept 15 of them so far :rolleyes: and thankfully have only lost 5 to Rainbow Bridge. I guess those odds are pretty good!

Kim:)

kimlovescats
12-17-2003, 04:40 PM
No, I do not work outside the home .... I am a FULL-TIME CatMommy! ;)

jenluckenbach
12-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
No, I do not work outside the home .... I am a FULL-TIME CatMommy! ;)
This is the part that I am envious of.

The rest I am simply in awe of. :)

sirrahbed
12-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks Kim, for the explanation of your many works of love. You are busy!! I also spent some time looking at your website and find it to be delightful as well!

iloverat
12-17-2003, 08:04 PM
What's the address for Kim's website?

catcrazylady
12-17-2003, 08:18 PM
No, I do not work outside the home .... I am a FULL-TIME CatMommy!

This is the part that I am envious of.

The rest I am simply in awe of.

DITTO x 10 ! I could not have said it any better than Jen!
God Bless you Kim! and Jen! and all of you who manage to fit it all in and save these wonderful gifts from God.

kimlovescats
12-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Thank you all so much for the kind words, but I have been given this love and purrpose from God in Heaven. I finally know that this is what He intended for my life! The Praise and Glory ALL go to HIM! :)

My website is www.kimscats.com

catcrazylady
12-18-2003, 08:24 AM
What a beautiful way to put it Kim. God has given us this great love for animals for a reason. The more you love God the more that animal love increases. I believe that this is God's way of letting us know that his creatures, large, small, furry, and skinned need help. I pray constantly for some way that I can do more. My job takes up so much of my time but is necessary to not only help keep us fed but the kitties as well. I am where I am because this is where HE wants me to be. Maybe someday I will be blessed with a job that somehow will surround me with kitties!!! :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catmandu
12-18-2003, 09:14 AM
You truly are a wonderful person , and know , thatfor you that there is a reward coming , when you croos over , in many years to the Rainbow Brige. There will be so much love waiting for you, and you will have many Cat Angel Companions to light your way. Bless You.