PDA

View Full Version : Tiny is getting spayed today!

amoore
12-17-2003, 12:36 PM
We carried our baby to the vet today for her surgery.

She just had her six month birthday and at 3 1/2 pounds is going under the knife.:(

I miss her so much. We get to pick her up tonight. I have been running around here with her little pillow crying and worrying.:(

tatsxxx11
12-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Oh, don't cry mama:( I'll bet by now she's all done and getting in a nap before the big trip home!:) Please check in when you know how she's doing, ok? What a precious little one she is...so tiny:) {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-17-2003, 12:51 PM
AWWWWW

Tinky is so cute!! and she is going to be just fine!!

{{HUGS}} for you... hang in there... and she will be home in no time. :)

amoore
12-17-2003, 01:14 PM
I just called the vets. Tiny did fine and she is still sleeping off the anesthesia. They pulled two of her baby teeth while she was under.

It was funny, the receptionist said Dr. Peek was playing with Tiny this morning and she did the beard chewing thing to him. She loves to clean on Mahayana's beard!

Sure hope she wakes up ok. She is so small I can't help worrying about everything. But thanks for the hugs!:)

trayi52
12-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Just call again in a little while to find out if she has woke up yet, that is what I was always afraid of, that they would not wake up. I didn't get to bring any of my babys home after spaying I had to let them spend the night. I like to went nuts when they spayed Grover. I begged them to let me take her home with me that night, I think the vet would have let me, but his assistant wouldn't let get her until the next morning.

I usually aggravate them to death, though calling every little bit and asking if they were awake. LOL. I was a pest.

I will be glad when Tiny gets to come home Ann, Let us know just as soon as you find out anything.

Tray:)

K9soul
12-17-2003, 01:46 PM
She'll be fine, and very soon this ordeal will be over and never to worry about it again. Be sure to let us know when you get her home, and hang in there Mom it's almost over!

My thoughts and prayers with little Tiny that she is back to herself quickly!

amoore
12-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Willie I really am worried about her. We worked it out last week to have Tiny there when they opened and take her home when they close today. We will be there waiting!!!

I may just spend the night there if they want to keep her! I would not be a pest, wonder why they said "don't call back for a couple of hours"????:( :eek:

trayi52
12-17-2003, 02:15 PM
I guess they want to make sure she is good and awake. She will be okay, Ann. They did say her breathing was okay didn't they?
So I don't think there is any cause for concern. I think vets like to make us suffer. I have tried to let me go in with them so I could make sure they were doing the right thing, LOL.

I guess she is just a snoozing, just a snoozing, sounds like a song, just a swanging, just a swanging. Guess I will save that little tune for later. LOL.

:D

My Peanuts
12-17-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm glad to hear Tiny did well in surgery. She will be home soon, and you have nothing to worry about. I know how you feel. Sylvia was supposed to go in on the 2nd of December, but she was in heat and the surgery was cancelled. I was so worried for her, and I wish they would have done it so I wouldn't worry anymore. She is going in February, because it's cheaper, and I will be worrying all over again! Let us know how Tiny is when you get the little girl home.

trayi52
12-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Ann is my sister, I have to sing her to sleep. But of course she will probably just pass out just to keep from hearing me sing.;)

primabella
12-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Aww don't worry about it. I remember I was so scared when we dropped Mick off at the vets. Luckily he didn't have to stay overnight but he still had me so worried.

Glad everything worked out for her. :) (Will you be able to keep Tiny's teeth? I always wanted to find one of Mickey's baby teeth but never did)

amoore
12-17-2003, 02:50 PM
I have all of Jojo's teeth she lost, but only two of Tiny's so far.

Willie/Trayi- I have heard you singing all over PT today!. Are you in a good mood or what?:D

We are going to town soon, will let everyone have an update in a couple hours. I appreciate you guys for all the support. Thank you all!!

RobiLee
12-17-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm sending out good thoughts for Tiny and wishing for a speedy recovery. Let us know how she is.

Tiny is just the cutest little thing!!

Robin :)

trayi52
12-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Nah, tell Mahayana, I am just having a W.C. Fields moment. LOL.

Soon as you hear from the vet that you may pick her up, here are directions on what to do first.

step 1. grab hubby by ears, and drag out to the van and phyically put him into the drivers seat.

step 2. you cannot drive, you have to sit on the passenger's side of auto and rant and rave, and make sure he doesn't go to sleep driving, that is a must.

step 3. run into vets office screaming " Tiny" very loudly, this will get their attention. oh, by the way don't forget to open the door of the van so you may get out first, and don't forget to open the door of the office before entering, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.

step 4. you should have Tiny in your arms by then, and you may calm down!

step 5. have a good day!!:D ;)

Willie the Tray:D ;)

amoore
12-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Tiny is home again, seems very weak and sleepy.

Everything went well, she is to go back in 7 days to get the staples out. No baths till then (she loves baths!) and restricted activity 3-4 days. No running and jumping allowed...

She looks pitiful, like half her insides are gone! She weighed 3.08 pounds this visit. Thank goodness this part is over!

You all were kind to hold my hand today. I was going crazy, thanks!

RobiLee
12-17-2003, 05:35 PM
So good to hear that Tiny is home safe and sound. I'm glad all went well. She will bounce back in no time.

Take Care...Robin :)

KYS
12-17-2003, 06:56 PM
I am so glad she is home and the surgery
went well.
Give her a kiss for me. :)

trayi52
12-17-2003, 07:05 PM
I wonder if Tiny will listen to the Doc, no running or jumping around? Seems like every dog I ever had spayed never listened to that.

Ann do you remember when Kelly got spayed? She didn't even act like she had been spayed. She was the first dog I ever had spayed, and I didn't know what to expect. I thought I was going to have to carry her out. Nope, she was standing on the table when I went in to get her and she just jumped into my arms.

LOL, Ann maybe he meant for you not to be running and jumping around.........:D

I am glad that is over with for her, now you don't have to worry about her getting bred. Smooth sailing from here on in.:)

love to my sis

Willie

amoore
12-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Tiny can't even move without crying. She is in very bad pain. I have been sticking by her side trying to comfort her.

I was not worried about her getting bred. Sunny was fixed when he was 5 months old. There are no other male animals in my house. There are some armadillos and skunks, rabbits and road runners, but I have her close to me on a leash when she does her business in the yard. Chihuahua-skunk? chihuahua-rabbit?.... Nah, I don't think so. LOL

The reason I got her fixed was because I want her healthy. I don't want her to go through the painful heat symptoms. I read about that last week.

Right now I just want her well again. :(

aly
12-17-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm sure she'll be much better by tomorrow. Try not to worry too much. Just a couple days of discomfort will give her a much healthier life!!

trayi52
12-17-2003, 11:56 PM
Ann, you have to remember she just had surgery today, she will start doing better. Don' t worry so much. She will be back to her normal sweet self in no time at all.

You know usually they keep them overnight here, and so when you get to take them home the next morning, they are doing much better. You know she has never been away from you and she missed you as much as you missed her, espeically after she woke up.

So you just cuddle with her and let her cuddle with you, then you and her will both feel better. Okay? I know you had her spayed because you wanted her healthy, not because of being bred.

I love you sis.

Willie

amoore
12-18-2003, 08:09 AM
Tiny is still sore this morning. she makes pain sounds when I pick her up or if she moves. She did eat some soft food. She is sleeping now. She's very weak, yet.

Thanks to all of you for your kind support. It relly meant a lot me. Hugs to all of you.

I love you too, my sister, Willie.:)

cloverfdx
12-19-2003, 07:42 AM
how's tiny doing today?

i hope the lil one is feeling a bit better and makes a speedy recovery . you will both be in my thoughts.

get well soon Tiny :)

amoore
12-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Tiny is better, but very sore. She wants me to hold her a lot. :) She actually barked at a woodpecker pecking on the house! I take that as a good sign, she is getting back to her self again.:)

I think she is going to be fine.

Thanks for all your wonderful suport! :)

micki76
12-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by amoore
Tiny is better, but very sore. She wants me to hold her a lot. :) She actually barked at a woodpecker pecking on the house! I take that as a good sign, she is getting back to her self again.:)

Having been "spayed" myself (total hysterectomy ;) ), I can tell you that she will be sore, but she'll be ok. :) Just keep her close to you and don't let her do much of anything.

trayi52
12-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Wow Micki you been spayed too, me too! It was sure nice that somebody was thoughtful enough to spay us too.

Ann I am Glad Tiny is getting better, Mahayana told me last night that she seem to be getting better and you was as usual spoiling her rotten. LOL. Sweet, sweet Mahayana. He worries about you.

Willie

micki76
12-19-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Wow Micki you been spayed too, me too! It was sure nice that somebody was thoughtful enough to spay us too.

LMAO, Willie! :D

BTW - I think your name is pretty cool. My mother is law is named Tommye (yes that's the way it's spelled) but she goes by her middle name, Sue. I personally like male names for females. :)

trayi52
12-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Micki guess what my middle name is? Sue! LOL, isn't that funny?
Willie Sue

Willie:)

Unist
12-19-2003, 12:40 PM
she will be fine for sure!
do not worry!:)

amoore
12-19-2003, 02:16 PM
Tiny is laying around, not her hyper self. She looks so skinny. Makes me worry about her. I guess thats what mommys do.

Thank you all again. :)

tatsxxx11
12-19-2003, 03:54 PM
So glad to hear you're home, safe and sound, teeny Tiny!:) Try not to worry mom...she is post op:( And like others have said, many vets keep spays overnight so you're seeing her at her sleepiest, punkiest, self. But she'll perk up soon! I'll bet by now she's already feeling lots better! Mind your mommy Tiny and no pulling on that zipper!;) {{{HUGS}}}

amoore
12-19-2003, 08:54 PM
Tiny seema better tonight. She had a case of diarrhea for half the day. I don't know why she did. She hadn't eaten much since she got home. She don't even drink much water (she will only drink it from my fingertips). She got better about twelve today. No more diarrhea. She felt better and was playing with one of her toys.

She wants to stick to me like glue. :) I like that.:D

trayi52
12-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Ann, how is Tiny doing today, has she got over her soreness yet? I hope she is doing better. I know how worried you was, it's just too hard not to worry.

Willie

amoore
12-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Tiny is doing every thing the vet told her not to do.:rolleyes:

She is doing good. just hungrey all the time. She wants me to sit and hold her all day and all night.:D

Thank you for asking about her. She still has me worried she will hurt her self. She has soooooo much energy!

trayi52
12-22-2003, 03:32 PM
Dogs never listen to their doctor, surely you have learned that by now. LOL.

Don't you think she is enjoying all the spoiling you are giving her??????

amoore
12-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Tray, she wants the extra attention to keep lasting.:) She just makes one of her baby sounds and she has me over where she is at, in a minute!

I caught her trying to get to the christmas tree the other day. Then she moaned like she hurt herself. She thought I was going to whoop her for getting up there. So she made me think she hurt herself.LOL!

trayi52
12-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Well you can't blame her for looking for her presents, now can you. Are you going to tell me you don't shake presents and try to figure out what is in them. She is very smart and knows how to play you.

Now tell me what you think of that Sister?????;)

amoore
12-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Well I keep trying to find one there for me. Santa has not made it here yet.:(

tikeyas_mom
12-23-2003, 02:12 PM
i am glad tiny is ok, see getting her spayed wasnt that bad, was it ;).

amoore
12-23-2003, 02:23 PM
We just got home from getting Tiny's staples out. Really, it wasn't that bad. Childbirth was worse!:D

But I'm not sure I can tell Tiny "this will hurt me more than it will hurt you." She didn't enjoy it very much. Then again, 7 days later she is doing great. And now she can get her bath again.:)

trayi52
12-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Bout time you gave that dirty dog a bath, I was starting to smell her all the way over here in Tennessee.

I got you back, i got you back, nanner, nanner!!!!!!:p :p ;)

Willie;)

amoore
12-23-2003, 03:02 PM
What are you getting me back for Tray? Was it the surprise baby picture?hehehe.:D

Here is a picture of a girl and her spayed dog.

trayi52
12-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Now, if I just still looked like that....... I used to look pretty darn good. Why do we have to get old? Shame I still don't look like that. Oh well............

Willie;)

amoore
12-23-2003, 06:27 PM
You still look foxy to my Mahayana. I am proud to have such a pretty sister.

Sipoweitz has been in love with you since he sat on your head.:D

trayi52
12-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I just haven't felt the same since he sit on my head, I think I maybe growing knots on my head. LOL.

Well I just about done it again today, I fell off the porch, landed on my behind, my back hurts, and my elbow feels crappy, hurts like heck. I can't put any pressure on my elbow. Man I am an accident waiting to happen! My head hurts, my elbow hurts, and my back hurts. I am truly damaged, LOL. (are you feeling sorry for me yet?) ;) :p

Tray

amoore
12-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Sorry about your accident. Now who is going to make my rum cake for me?:(

Tiny was hoping for some kisses from you on your Birthday.:(

trayi52
12-23-2003, 08:12 PM
That okay I always bounce when I fall. LOL.This is normal for me, I am just naturally clumsy. ;)

amoore
12-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Glad you are ok. Tell Grover to quit tripping you!

This picture shows Tiny after her surgery. See the sunk-in place behind her ribs? That is filled out again now, thank goodness!!

micki76
12-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by amoore
Glad you are ok. Tell Grover to quit tripping you!

This picture shows Tiny after her surgery. See the sunk-in place behind her ribs? That is filled out again now, thank goodness!!

Sorry, Tiny. All my sunk in places have filled out too since my surgery! :( :p