PDA

View Full Version : Foster dog pics...

Glacier
12-17-2003, 12:05 PM
This is Founder, the latest foster dog. They aren't great pics as he looks terrified. He's very nervous in the house. I suspect he was an outdoor dog in his previous home--he was abandoned at the shelter, left tied to the fence overnight, so his past is completely unknown.

He wants to come in, but then he doesn't have a clue what to do once he's inside. My bedroom is right off the door the dogs come in through. Founder goes directly into the bedroom and won't come out. He refuses to explore the rest of the house. I am giving him lots of time inside, so hopefully he'll start to relax soon.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Dec/200312173780741717463769.jpg

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Dec/200312178612330473387526.jpg

amoore
12-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Wow, why would anyone not want him? Thats like throwing away a diamond! He is beautiful!

tikeyas_mom
12-17-2003, 01:36 PM
what a beautiful dog!!!

K9soul
12-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Awww, he is a gorgous boy.

trayi52
12-17-2003, 01:49 PM
He is a beautiful dog, I just don't understand why somebody would just tie him up and leave him without so much as an explanation. He looks to be in good shape, as far as I can tell, a little on the skinny side. I guess tender loving care will bring him out of hiding, and make him start trusting again.

I always wonder why people just dump their dogs, they seem to show up at my house like that. It is sad, I was talking to a guy at the supermarket that said when people dumped dogs at his house, he just got his shotgun out and shot them. Hate that.

Rambling Tray again.

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-17-2003, 02:30 PM
Tray, thats so sad......=( Why would someone have such a cold blooded heart?
Wow! He's handsome...poor boy! When we got Daisy, she was scared to death of EVERYBODY, but me....I kinda liked that, but my mom didn't. heehee, But don't worry, now she loves EVERYBODY! She just doesn't trust men that much....i think someone tried to starve her before because she was all ribs sticking out and everything.....but i still got her and look at her now! And you know how dogs think your the pack leader, well, Daisy was like scared to death before and she's so submissive, that to get her to eat, i have to shove the food in her face cause she thinks I'm gonna eat it :p
Sorry this is so long :o :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
12-19-2003, 03:34 PM
How's Founder doing, Glacier??? Has be begun to venture out of the bedroom yet? What a very handsome boy he is! Whenever you post about another of your fosters, I think to myself, "Now that's a lucky dog!:)) Hope he continues to do well! I'm sure with a little more time, patience and your very special brand of love, he'll find his niche in the pack!:) Hugs to you Founder!

Moose
12-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Aw, Glacier. Founder is such a handsome boy. That face just makes me melt!! :)