PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Sandwich?

sirrahbed
12-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Emily and Eliot are my 11 month old twins. They used to be inseparable - in fact they had to be adopted as a unit because of this. I have not seen them snuggle since this summer some time although they are the best of friends and partners in crime. Last night, Emily did not seem to be feeling too well and I kept watching her glance up at Eliot's bed which is high on a dresser. I KNEW she wanted up there. I could just tell. Before long, she hopped up to the edge. Smart girl - she started licking his face. Soon she put one paw in the bed. Now he usually willl not allow her anywhere NEAR his private quarters!! OK, she keeps licking and he is loving it. Soon TWO paws are inside. Finally her whole body and she keeps up the licking and grooming and Eliot is lulled to sleep. Before long, she plops right on top of him and this is what I saw! It was just like when they were babies!! They stayed there about a half hour, woke up and groomed each other and then the Kodak moment was over, but it sure was sweet to watch! Ahhhhh!! My babies!!
Eliot & Emily sandwich - not really kittens anymore though :rolleyes: :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pfc8d11136a763fc984eec1f878c9d017/fa46aa8e.jpg

sqwelch
12-17-2003, 07:40 AM
So cute, thats exactly how my RB Jock and his sister Bonnie used to look !!! I keep thinking about a friend for Bonnie but I'm not sure she'd like me trying to replace her bruv !! I bought her a hot water bottle and a radiator bed instead so that she's still all snug !!!

Cute twins, double trouble aswell I bet !!!!!!

catcrazylady
12-17-2003, 08:06 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWE !! That is so sweet!! What a precious Kodak moment! :) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

catlover4ever
12-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Oh, I'll take a sandwich like that any day. Thanks for posting it, the picture brings back such good memories of Tigger and Tony, my brother and sister pair. Sometimes when Tigger is lying on side of me I pet her and talk to her about Tony. I give her a kiss on the head and ask her to send it to Tony for me. Thanks again.

kimlovescats
12-17-2003, 08:44 AM
Purrecious!!!!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-17-2003, 08:46 AM
AWWWWWWWWWW

T and J never lay like that!! What a really cute picture!!

catmandu
12-17-2003, 08:56 AM
The one thing about Cats, is that when they get older , they arent as agressive , and have learned to be more affectionate. My older Cats pile together , more and more , every Day , and are always purrrring! Meeeeow!

prechrswife
12-17-2003, 09:37 AM
That is such a precious picture!

CatDad
12-17-2003, 09:39 AM
I am so happy to hear that they snuggled, and I love the picture.:)

Hopefully it will continue, and if it does I deamand that you post more pics.:eek::) Ok, even if it does not continue, I still want more pictures, I'm greedy.:p

Edwina's Secretary
12-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Hold the mayo, hold the mustard!

When you don't feel great is there anything more comforting than cuddling with a hot water bottle that has a heartbeat???

amoore
12-17-2003, 10:20 AM
They are so cute! Now that's a kodak moment!:)

jazzcat
12-17-2003, 02:09 PM
So sweet!!

I want that - could someone teach any two of my three to act like that???

cutie_chica
12-18-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWE !! That is so sweet!! What a precious Kodak moment! :) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif
I totally agree! That is so adorable!:) Right now Tony is going insane because Patches is in heat, He think she is hurt so He keeps licking her, and holding her down looking her over to see what wrong. I know he is looking to see what wrong because he does it to Princess all the time while he is grooming her!!:p

trayi52
12-18-2003, 02:06 AM
Ohhhhhh, what a cute picture, they look so precious together. Makes me wish I had another to go with Grover, she trys to make friends with the big guy Stubby, but he pretty much wants to keep to himself.

Thanks for sharing that sweet, sweet pic.:)

jenluckenbach
12-18-2003, 04:50 AM
AWWWWW

It's just like when you were young and your sibling was frightened or sick and wanted to crawl in bed with you for comfort.

Cataholic
12-18-2003, 03:03 PM
I would like a 'to go' order, please!

catnapper
12-18-2003, 03:30 PM
How Precious! Maybe this is the first step to them doing this again?
;) :) ;) :)

sirrahbed
12-18-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
How Precious! Maybe this is the first step to them doing this again?
;) :) ;) :)

Well..they DID it again last night! I think it must be a security issue for Emily. For the first 4-5 months or so, they were NEVER apart - just like velcro and always snuggling, then it ended this summer sometime. I wish they would all snuggle. I don't think much of anything is cuter than a pile of sleeping cats:D I just love that sandwich picture though. My new favorite!! Don't Allen and Pouncer snuggle when they sleep???

catnapper
12-18-2003, 04:40 PM
I caught them in the act of cuddling:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pf83591382fbdf1fd283eb54bcedcb676/fa43b685.jpg

Allen looks so guilty in this shot... "I don't have my arm around anybody!" I don't know what I'd do if they started distancing themselves from each other. Hopefully since Allen's older, it'll be something they'll always do:)