PDA

View Full Version : Baby boom at our home.

Fox-Gal
12-17-2003, 02:23 AM
I've had a small baby boom around here, yesterday we had baby chicks. Here's a picture of them with mom, before we brought them in from the cold.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p9ebce8afd6a0c97e0e935bea4c3b0000/fa46f5c4.jpg

Here they are in the house, nice and warm. There was 4 but one died shortly after birth. :(
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p3cec21c3b4fd9414a86b067cb0a7e008/fa46f5c6.jpg

Then we have Quackers who is sitting on her nest full. She won't let anyone see them to get a picture. We are not even going to try to get them away from her, she won't have any part of that.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p7e56c22963c1cc76624bd9e996fcbb81/fa46f5bf.jpg

and to top off the baby boom, I went to do a water change on one of my tanks today, to find it full of baby chiclids. There must be a 100 baby fish swimming around in there. No water change for awhile now. I'd show a picture of them but, it would just look like little dirt specks. :)

Spring in the winter around here. :D

Nomilynn
12-17-2003, 02:36 AM
aww what cute pics!! Thanks for posting those :)

trayi52
12-17-2003, 03:05 AM
Awww, what cute little chick, now this is what my husband loves! He don't like my cats, and he don't like my dogs. He only likes Charlie Sweet and his chickens. I will have to show him these Pictures, he will love them.

He keeps an incubator and hatches off some of the eggs friends bring him. Chickens, ducks and pharoh quail. they are all so cute, the grandchildren love to watch the eggs hatch.

I will make sure he sees these pictures. Thanks for sharing!:)

popcornbird
12-17-2003, 03:45 AM
AWWWWWWWW! CHICKS! CHICKS! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!! They look just like my old baby Henny Penny! I used to have chicks years ago...........8 of them! One of them, my favorite (Henny Penny), looked just like your chicks! She was a beautiful golden chick, and had such a sweet nature! They're ADORABLE! Be sure to post pics of them as they grow up! Chicks grow up fast...........so we need lots of pics! :D Congrats on the new babies!

amoore
12-17-2003, 10:49 AM
I love baby chickens! They are so cute!

Thanks for the pictures!

trayi52
12-17-2003, 11:00 AM
I thought I would post a picture of Jimmy's Chickens in here for you to see, LOL, he loves them so. LOL, I think their names are Rooster, and Chicken, he really can come up with original names, don't you think? Ann What do you think of their names?

Fox-Gal
12-17-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
Awww, what cute little chick, now this is what my husband loves!

I will make sure he sees these pictures. Thanks for sharing!:)

Thats why we have chickens now.....my husband loves his chickens. We call him chicken man, he even went so far as to have me re-wallpaper the hall bath room with a chicken border. It really looked better then I thought it would.

I never really wanted them at first, but he bought a couple off a man a few years ago and now we have around 30 or so. I even fallen in love with them, now too.

We have one that looks just like yours in the picture, his name is Mekia, mean little guy. He likes to chase you around. :eek:

Here's a picture of the proud daddy, Slippers. I love the silkies, there are so cute with the feathers on their feet.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/pd7f8db1c73e0dd0744b8e7c24c7040f5/fbfe2aa6.jpg

trayi52
12-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Fox-Gal,
My husband loved the pictures of all your husbands feathered friends, at least yours have names, my husband was never much on naming his animals they just become Rooster 1, etc, Hen 1 etc. I think its kind of funny.

As soon as my daughter comes back from PA, I will take a picture of a beautiful quail he has, I don't know what kind it is, but it is so beautiful, I have thought about sneaking it into the house. LOL. I think he would probably notice it being in there though, don't you? ;)
:)

tikeyas_mom
12-17-2003, 01:44 PM
aww they are all so cute!! my parents ouwl never let me have a chicken lol. i have a friend who has 4 chickens they are house chickens dont ask how that works lol. My mom used to have a red hen, she raised it from an egg :).

Fox-Gal
12-17-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Fox-Gal,
I have thought about sneaking it into the house. LOL. I think he would probably notice it being in there though, don't you? ;)

LOL My husband has brought some in the house many of times before and it hard not to notice a chicken sitting on the arm of a chair. It's cute but odd looking to see a chicken in the house.

There was one night he took Ali to Walmart with him......talk about getting some looks. :D

trayi52
12-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh how funny, I know what you mean about funny looks. I wasn't going to mention it, but what the heck, we had one my daughter and I had to help it out of the shell, of course we named him Chicken Little, and we kept him in the house for a long time, lots of clean up duties there. He would "roost" in our bedroom at the head of the bed, every morning he would crow and wake us up, certainly didn't need an alarm clock with him around, but we finally had to give him up and put him in outside pen.

Poor Little, a dog got in and killed him, my hubby was so mad he "well you can guess what happen to that dog", my husband being one that is not crazy about dogs in the first place.