PDA

View Full Version : The Holocaust book I promised a LONG time ago will be available 12/19.

mugsy
12-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Hey all, I posted sometime last spring about the book I was typing for a friend of mine. Well, after about a million fixes, it's finally done and published.

It's called "Where Have All the Flowers Gone" and follows a woman and her daughter through the Holocaust. The daughter went to live with a Christian family and the mother went to Auschwitz. It's a really short book, but very moving. I'm not sure how much it will be, but, it really is good. I think it will be available at Barnes and Noble and Borders. If you want to order a copy from the publisher, you can call First Books at 1-800-839-8640.

Thanks!!!

leslie flenner
01-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Is this someones true account to you or a fiction based on a memory or compilation of memories? It sounds truely worth reading no matter what your answer.
A few years ago, I taped an elderly woman's memories of the Armenian holocaust. Of the 4 tapes, I have only 3. the 1st one was confiscated by a boyfriend that I was breaking up with and he thought that taking the tape would hurt me (it did), and of course he said he never saw it but i had been working on transcribing it in his apt. so I know he ditched it.
The Armenian society here said they had never had a 1st account and would more than look forward to my transcript. But it never got done. Writing from a tape machine took so long and I eventually got caught up in work etc. But I know I have probably disappointed her son who helped me with jogging her memory. The turks killing the babies who were left to starve. Lucy said most women killed their own babies rather than leave them to starve on the trail or be killed by Turks.

mugsy
01-10-2004, 10:50 PM
The book is a work of historical fiction, but, has many real life experiences based on the research that my friend did. The book is only 73 pages but it really is good. You can order it off of both www.borders.com and www.barnesandnoble.com.

Again, the title is "Where Have All the Flowers Gone." by Barbara Brockhoff.

Thanks for your interest.

leslie flenner
01-13-2004, 12:25 AM
I went to the bookstore websites you included in last email and am going to buy the book this week! One of the reviewers implied that it's a different sort of perspective? In my younger days, I read a lot of books on the Holocaust and have been to Dachua. I look forward to reading it, I love reading so any recommendations are always welcome; esp. nice that you were a part of this book's coming to be!
Again, thank you!

mugsy
01-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Leslie,

You will be able to read the whole thing in well less than an hour. It truly is touching. I am reading it to my science class right now and they like it. I have A LOT of high functioning kids in that class who are interested in the Holocaust, so they asked me if I would read it.

Thanks for buying it too. Please let me know what you think.