PDA

View Full Version : Miss Kate rehomed!

stacwase
12-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Hallelujah and praise the Lord, Miss Kate has been rehomed!

Our petsitter agreed to take her. He was actually overjoyed!

He says she has never urinated inappropriately in his house, so she should be the perfect pet for him. She gets along very well with his cat. They cuddle all the time.

Oh - this is so wonderful. I'll miss her because she was so sweet and loving. But I'm really glad we found a good home for her.

I'm glad we had her spayed and up to date on all of her vaccinations, too. We sent her with her covered litterbox and litter, and all of her papers and everything. He won't have to buy anything for a while, and she's up to date on vaccines until November, 2004. Oh - we need to bring her food. I'll do that later.

I'm just so happy! :)

By the way thanks for all of your kindness and support during my long ordeal with her. If you hadn't been here, I might have taken her to the shelter. Pet Talk is a great support group.

kimlovescats
12-16-2003, 11:35 AM
What wonderfulf news!!! Congratulations! Thank you for taking such good care of Miss Kate and finding her a purrfect new home!!! :)

sirrahbed
12-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Good for you and for Kate. I am very happy for ALL of you! What a perfect solution!! God provides!

CatDad
12-16-2003, 11:41 AM
That is fantastic news, and it sounds like a good fit for littlle miss Kate.

I am sorry that it did not work out in your place, I know that you wanted it to, and you did give it a good try. Sometimes things do not work. However, you found a good alternitive without having to take her to a shelter. yea!!

stacwase
12-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks everybody!

You know - I just always thought that if Lance wanted another cat, he'd have one. If I'd ever thought that he would take her I would have given her to him weeks ago. It was just in time, because he was about to get a cat.

I'll miss the little booger though. But just now as I was cleaning the sofa cushions, I got warm fuzzies knowing that was the last time I'd have to do it for a long, long time.!

Felicia's Mom
12-16-2003, 12:21 PM
I am glad things worked out ok for you (and Kate).

catlover4ever
12-16-2003, 12:27 PM
That is wonderful news. May Miss Kate have a wonderful life in her new forever home. :D

catcrazylady
12-16-2003, 12:45 PM
I'm so happy for you and for Kate! How wonderful that it worked out so well for you both! Will you be able to see her and stay updated about her behavior? That would really be great if you could still watch her grow up but not have to clean the couch all the time!!

Logan
12-16-2003, 01:12 PM
We have fingers and paw (and claws) crossed for Kate. We do hope this is the best place for her to be!!! :)

stacwase
12-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Oh - we'll definitely be able to stay in contact! Lance is my stepdaughter's father-in-law. So whenever she comes in town (about once a week) she stops by both houses. She will have no problem picking Kate up for a visit, and Lance is coming for Christmas Eve dinner. He might bring Kate with him then. Whenever Lance has to go out of town, we watch his cat anyway. So we'll be petsitting Kate!

:) Isn't this great?! I still can't believe it.

moosmom
12-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Stacwase,

That is wonderful news!! You did the right thing. And I'm glad you'll be able to visit her.

carole
12-16-2003, 05:19 PM
A wonderfully happy ending all round, great news, I am so pleased for you and miss Kate, sounds like she will be very happy in her new home.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-16-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm glad you were able to find her a good home. Sounds like it worked out best for everybody. :)

Steffi N
12-16-2003, 06:10 PM
I'm glad sweetie pie Kate will be able to have a good home and that you will be able to visit. I couldn't resist this picture. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/pf31617260069460c19f6f8a27aa39b37/facd37ca.jpg

stacwase
12-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Oh Steffi - seeing that picture almost made me cry! But we did the right thing. I have to keep reminding myself of that. Bob said when he dropped her off she jumped right out of his arms and ran to Lance's other cat. So she'll be happy. But we sure will miss her - she's such a little snuggle bug. I guess she'll be sleeping on Lance's chest tonight.

Toby was so affectionate today, after she left. I wonder if he misses her. I picked him up and he wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me! He's so sweet. I wish every cat could be as easy to care for as he is.

rg_girlca
12-16-2003, 09:21 PM
I'm glad everything worked out for you and Kate. I'm also glad to hear that you will be able to have updates on how she is doing in her new home.

Steffi N
12-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Stacwase, I didn't mean to make you feel sad. {{HUGS}}

jazzcat
12-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Sounds like this is a very good ending to a trying time for you. I hope Miss Kate will be very happy.

krazyaboutkatz
12-17-2003, 12:23 AM
This is great news!!!:D I'm so glad that you'll be able to keep in touch with Kate and watch her grow. Hopefully everything will work out. Maybe you'll be able to update us with new pics of her as she grows. :)

shais_mom
12-17-2003, 06:32 AM
Sounds like a good fit for her and Lance!!!
Glad everyone is going to be happier now!! :):)

stacwase
12-17-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
This is great news!!!:D I'm so glad that you'll be able to keep in touch with Kate and watch her grow. Hopefully everything will work out. Maybe you'll be able to update us with new pics of her as she grows. :)

I was thinking about that! I'm sure I will be able to get some pictures. I think she's going to be a huge cat - it's sad that she won't be growing up here, but at least we'll be able to watch. Maybe when she grows up Lance will decide he can't keep her anymore and she'll come back and live with us and she will have forgotten all about her attraction to our couch!

catmandu
12-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Rehoming an older Cat , has to be about the most difficult thing , that a Cat Lover can do , as everyone wants Kittens . Congratulations on getting Katie , a new Furr Ever Home.

trayi52
12-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Glad to hear that Kate has a good home with somebody you know, that is the great part about that, and you getting to petsit her too. Hope you don't miss her for too long. Just think about her cuddling with Lance and that should make you feel better knowing she is getting hugs. :)

jenluckenbach
12-19-2003, 04:36 AM
I just KNEW this story could have a happy ending!!! (even though I realize that you have some sadness too)

BRAVO !!! :D