PDA

View Full Version : pack of two by caroline knapp

Smilla
12-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Finished "Pack of Two" a week or so ago--what a delightful book! Of course, reading it made me feel even more sad about Caroline Knapp's death--she's such a gifted writer and comes across as such a good person.

The part I was touched by the most was the image of her bent down by Lucille, saying, "I love you every single day. Every single day." That sounds very similar to some things I've said to Lefty. I like to kneel down next to him and cup his face in my hands and tell him how much I love him. :)

Logan
12-16-2003, 11:30 AM
I knew you would love it, Smilla. What dog lover wouldn't, especially us girls??? :) I don't know why, but Caroline Knapp's relationship with Lucille, always reminded me most of our K9 Karen with her Cody, and now her little KLO (Logan). :)

Kater
12-16-2003, 11:33 AM
I just LOVE that book!
Thanks for reminding me about it...I will have to reread it over Winter Break!

I didn't know Caroline Knapp passed away. :(

Smilla
12-16-2003, 11:57 AM
She died of lung cancer last year, I think. She was only 42. Here are a couple of web pages I found earlier today where people have written about how her books affected them:

http://www.legacy.com/bostonglobe/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=GuestBook&PersonID=356494

http://www.cynthiacrossen.com/mt/mt-comments.cgi?entry_id=12

lovemyshiba
12-16-2003, 12:22 PM
I loved that book!!!
I read it in 2 days--couldn't put it down.
I was searching old posts here about books to read, and found a discussion about that book and went out and got it--spectacular!!

I recommend it to everyone!!!!

K9karen
12-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Aw..Logan...sniff, sniff..that's So sweet! From her first page. when she looked at Lucille on the couch and described her feelings, I thought she read my heart. I read the book in one day, I couldn't put it down. It mde me laugh and cry and you're right, it is the perfect book for we girls! Above everything else, my only worry is who would take care of Klo if something happened to me. I love the book cover with Lucille looking back at the camera!