PDA

View Full Version : Polly and Stella pictures.

amoore
12-16-2003, 10:16 AM
I got pictures put on CD at Walmart of my Polly and Stella!

Polly is the oldest cockatiel. My sister Willie gave him to me in 1988. Stella is the newest bird. I don't know how old she is, really.They are pretty cute when they play!

Stella loves her baths. She will even get in their drinking cup( if I don't put a bath bowl in there with them!) Polly will be trying to get a drink and Stella will step in and start splashing him!

Polly likes to run up and start wolf whistling in her face and saying "Hello pretty bird " as loud as he can!

They both like to play the game "mom, I got my toe hung!" to get me to notice them. They are such little clowns!:D

amoore
12-16-2003, 10:48 AM
If anybody else has pictures of birds I would sure like to see them.

This is Polly, being his beautiful self.

amoore
12-16-2003, 10:56 AM
This is my Stella being a cutie.

popcornbird
12-16-2003, 11:39 AM
What cuties! I LOVE the first pic! Stella looks so much like my Popcorn!!! I need to get around and take some new pics of my tiels. I haven't in ages! Thanks for sharing, and I'd love to see more!

luckies4me
12-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Aww, your tiels are very very cute! You take fantastic pictures as well. ;) More please, if you have any! :D

amoore
12-16-2003, 12:25 PM
I Have been wanting to see more pictures of your birds, Popcorn.:D

I wish we would get more birds in Pet Talk. I love seeing them in here. They are such pretty creatures.:)

popcornbird
12-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Oh we have a LOT of birdies here on PT! There mommies just don't seem to post enough pics of them! ;)

I will try to take new pics of the birds and post them sometime this week or next. Others have been asking me too! :o

Logan
12-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Polly and Stella are stunning!!! Of course, they remind me of Roger and Milly too!!! :) Do they talk??? They are just adorable and I know you love them to pieces, just like I do the ones we have!

Logan

tikeyas_mom
12-16-2003, 02:21 PM
SOOO cute!!! :D:D looks like my cheeko~~~ :D.. *miss ya baby*

amoore
12-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Yes, they are sweeties! Polly has a few words. He mostly wolf whistles and says "hello pretty bird". He also whistles the tune of "Mary had a little lamb". They both love music boxs.

Popcorn, maybe if we post our bird pictures, everyone else will too.:D

Logon, you should show your Roger and Milly off. I would love to see them.:)

trayi52
12-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Well gee, don't Polly look familar? LOL. Those are really great pics Ann. I guess I could post a picture of Charlie Sweet.:)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-16-2003, 07:17 PM
ADORABLE! :D I think I'll snap a few pictures of Piper right now. ;)

trayi52
12-16-2003, 07:24 PM
I really love that one of Stella and the mirror reflection. I think that is just great! I love phots made that way, I made one of Lin like that when she was little, turned out really well, the double images are really unique.

amoore
12-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Charlie is a handsome bird! :) Have you got him singing like Polly's dad used to?

trayi52
12-16-2003, 08:16 PM
Charlie Sweet is kind of a strange fellow, he will say Charlie Sweet, whine like Buffy my Chihuahua, sound like a phone being dialed, and says I love you. Charlie has a pet Chihuahua name Gaucho. He follows that dog everywhere, he does not want anybody messing with that dog at all. He will flog you if you pick up his dog.

I named Charlie Sweet after a wild bird I was forced to raise by hand because my bob tail cat Stubby brought it in, and I took it away from him before he could kill it. Cutest little bird, still had all his fuzz. I was in love with birds big time from that moment on, I had owned a few birds in my time, but never raised one from a baby. I fed Charlie Hamburger meats, whole wheat breads, berries, grass, just everything I could find that he would eat. He done really well, and was allowed to fly free in the house. I soon had to let him fly free, and away out of my life. I seen him from time to time during that summer, but he would not let me near him, but just close enough to be able to talk to him. No touching anymore. I don't know what kind of bird he was, next time you come down, Ann maybe you or Mahayana can tell me what kind he was, we have a lot of them still in our yard. I always wonder if one of them could be him.

I wanted a baby bird so bad, so I went to a pet store and bought him as a baby, with formula, and I wasn't intending on him talking I didn't really care. So I was always telling him that I loved him, and say Charlie Sweet? to him, and now he does that too.
He is such a sweetheart, he is the only animal I have that Jimmy even cares about.

Tray

FurMomx6
12-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Aww! They are SOOO cute!!!

Originally posted by amoore

I wish we would get more birds in Pet Talk. I love seeing them in here. They are such pretty creatures.:)

We might be getting a bird. Probably not in the near future but my dad LOVES sun conures and really wants one. That's quite shocking coming from my dad too since he is constantly saying no more animals. There was one at Pet Co before named Taz that he wanted to buy so bad but they are really expensive so we couldn't get him. :( He was a really sweet bird too and was such a goof ball.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-16-2003, 10:05 PM
A Conure?! OHH! I *LOVE* those birds! :D
My dad likes them too. We actually saw some at PetCo the other day; they were so playful. :D Just coming up to the cage licking me and wanting to be petted. :)

Maybe someday...

amoore
12-16-2003, 10:33 PM
I love the Sun Conures! They are beautiful! I saw a man driving around with one sitting on his shoulder. I thought that was funny.

I have wanted an African Grey for a long time. They are so expensive! I don't see me getting one in the near future.

I am pretty happy with Polly and Stella. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
12-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by amoore

This is my Cockatiel, Piper. :) He's around 10 months old.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p238dd7cdf179c63279448f4750dd889f/faaab1db.jpg

popcornbird
12-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Gosh, I just returned from Petsmart....................and I'M IN LOVE! (With this GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS Umbrella Cockatoo!) *sigh* And I thought I was in love with the African Grey at Petco. Noooooo, this one, I almost cried as we left the store. I want him SO bad! SO SO SO bad! Of course my parents said no..............as he costs $2000! :eek: But gosh, he was such a sweetie. We entered the store, and walked to the birds section, and there he was. A gorgeous pure white umbrella cockatoo.......5 months old, just weaned, a sweet baby. He cried to come out of his enormous cage, so we asked out of the saleswomen if she could take him out. She did, and let my brother and I play with him. He was SUCH a doll! My brother said if he had $2000 in his pocket, he would take him home right then and there. :p He looked just like an enormous Popcorn..........had a gorgeous whistle, and whenever we whistled to him, he would repeat it. I think we wasted a whole hour at Petsmart just spending time with that bird! Gorgeous, and SO big! He was sooooo heavy! LOL! Everytime I think of him now, I get so sad! I WANT THAT BIRD! :p

GoldenRetrLuver
12-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
He looked just like an enormous Popcorn..........

LOL, that made me laugh. :D :p

Awww he sounds so pretty! It's too bad you couldn't take him. :(

popcornbird
12-16-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
LOL, that made me laugh. :D :p

But its true! He DID! :p Even my brother said that.........when he saw him. He was like "OMG! Look! A GIGANTIC Popcorn!"

He looked EXACTLY like Popcorn, minus a few features (no orange cheeks and white crest instead of yellow), but he was probably 10-20 times bigger. :p He even wolf whistled exactly like Popcorn! :D

amoore
12-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Tray, I loved that story about Charlie Sweet.

GoldenRetrluver, Piper is beautiful!

Popcorn, I know that feeling very well. I saw an African Grey in a shop in Denver. I couldn't stop thinking of him!
I love the umbrella cockatoo. They are so much like real children. I hope you can get him. :)

trayi52
12-17-2003, 03:15 AM
I need to make more pictures of Charlie, Grover, Buffy, and Stubby. Jennifer was wanting to make a thread on Mario the Capauchin monkey we have. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I would like to make a thread about each of them, its just that I have so many different animals, and I am so lazy. LOL. Maybe I will get started on the stories pretty soon. I won't be able to make any pictures for about a week, Lin is taking the camera with her, when she goes to PA. She is leaving in the morning, going up there with her boy friend, Sam, to visit his dad. I am going to miss her so much, the only reason she wants to go is so she can see the snow. Ump.

Whoops! I am rambling again. Sorry.

Amber
12-17-2003, 06:46 PM
Cute Pictures!:D

amoore
12-18-2003, 07:41 AM
Thanks everybody for posting on here. Polly and Stella like putting on shows for people. I know they would like to play with all the beautiful birds that were posted in here.

:)

Dogz
12-18-2003, 06:04 PM
amoore- You 'tiels are just gorgeous! I am so happy I got to see pictures of them, they were great. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see more!

amoore
12-19-2003, 07:21 AM
Thank you Dogz, I would like to see some Nelly pictures. You have such a cute picture in your avatar.:)