PDA

View Full Version : More Dylan

sirrahbed
12-16-2003, 08:22 AM
Well, you know how the new baby gets all the attention and it is no different at this house - with the camera anyway. I can't seem to get the cats together though! The kittens still shadow Dylan but really defer to him even though Dylan is very non-aggressive. Maybe his size intimidates them? They so want to play, but Dylan thinks play is waving a paw - exercise is obviously NOT in his repertoire.:D
He did check out my cooking this morning..pinto beans and cornbread for supper....careful HOT!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p00b3ff3b494decbe1620a0cc969731bf/fa48b5a0.jpg

Then settles onto the dining room table, showing he has the same good manners as the other cats..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pc3a0a6cf7dbf40bdbfe55f7ad2891c9f/fa48b599.jpg

Here you see the kittens are always near but keep a respectful distance - that is Eliot in the window hammock..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p9a4fbe4083f923d166e2b4446827c14d/fa48b5a6.jpg

His favorite perch is on the back of our loveseat..funny eyes with the flash but still a cute pic I think. Enjoy!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pb1a25833f57fe76b28ff97fb015df448/fa48b5af.jpg

amoore
12-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Dylan is beautiful! I think he has made his self right at home.:) I am so glad he has found a good mommy!
Thank you for the pictures. I hope to see lots of them!:D

Lallypop11
12-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Awwwwwww, he looks like he's been your baby for years! He seems to be adjusting well to his new home, thanks for the update and the pics! :D

catcrazylady
12-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Oh Dylan is so handsome!! I can't believe the short time you have had him because he is soooooo right at home!! What a big handsome foxy lug you are Dylan boy!! Hugs and forehead kisses to you Dylan! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catmandu
12-16-2003, 10:35 AM
he really is a Big Boy , full of Joy and Love. Not unlike my Moose The Magnificent. What a Handsome Cat.

RedHedd
12-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Dylan reminds me of my big boy, Mishi -- they even "play" the same way! What? You mean waving a paw isn't exercise? :D He's a beautiful Hunka-Hunka orangie love!

catlover4ever
12-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Debbie, Dylan has really settled into life in your house. He already looks like he rules the roost. He is a big boy, I bet he is real fluffy and soft, the best kind of fur to give a hug to.

I'm sending him a great big hug and kiss. Give him a chin rub for me. --- Meg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Looks like he is settling in nicely. :D It's great that he puts up with the twins, and it's even greater that they want to play with him. They must think mommy brought them a new toy. :D

Keep up with the uppydates. I love seeing pics of your new huggable kitty. :D

Steffi N
12-16-2003, 09:55 PM
I am glad Dylan has made himself so comfortably at home. I enjoyed the other thread too, with the pictures of both of you and your Orange Love Muffin

jazzcat
12-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Great pics. I'm so glad to see he is making himself at home. What a cutie!

krazyaboutkatz
12-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Dylan sure is gorgeous and looks so comfortable and relaxed in your home. I agree that he looks like he's lived there for years.:) I'll never get tired of seeing pics of him.:)

amoore
12-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Dylan looks so big and beautiful . How much does he weigh?

I wish I had one that big. He looks so good to snuggle!:)

CatDad
12-17-2003, 09:26 AM
OOOO, more Dylan pictures.:D

He does look like he has settled on nicely, which is so nice to see.:) I am very happy that you found such a great kitty and he found such a wonderful home.

Give him some scratches and love for me.:)

sirrahbed
12-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by amoore
Dylan looks so big and beautiful . How much does he weigh?

I wish I had one that big. He looks so good to snuggle!:)

Amoore,
oh YES he is wonderful to snuggle. I will check his weight when he is awake. I know that Eliot is 9 pounds and Dylan is at least double. Also, if he IS part or full Maine Coon as some people think, he is not done growing...I am guessing he is close to 20 pounds but I will let you know. Thank you for all the nice comments! I am SO enjoying this new kitty!!!

Felicia's Mom
12-17-2003, 12:17 PM
I'm glad Dylan is fitting in with your other cats.

I missed any threads on why he was adopted.

sirrahbed
12-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi Felicia's mom,
I lost my last two geriatrics in the past couple years. One was my very favorite RB Bert, who was a lovable male orange. The last to cross was RB Ernie who died this April. We immediately went searching for another cat and instead found two kittens needed adoption and who had to go as a unit because they were very attached and I gladly took them and am very happy with them! I had never had kittens before and they have been great fun!! But, I still wanted my sweet male orange and so have been searching the shelters. I thought I had the perfect one a few weeks ago but he was adopted before I got there. I wanted just the right cat - adult but not too old - had to be male and orange and with a sweet personality. I posted all about my searches and it has been great fun to share. I "found" Dylan and posted his picture from petfinders before I even went to see him and it was just a match as soon as I met him:) And so, I have been overwhelming PT with day to day pics and stories of this new addition! That's the nutshell version:D You can tell I am quite proud and happy with my newest kitty. He can barely pee without me posting about it :D Right now, he and Eliot are lounging on the hammock and it is all I can do NOT to post a cute picture! I will save THAT for tomorrow!

amoore
12-17-2003, 12:49 PM
I want him! oh my, he is awesome!

RedHedd
12-17-2003, 12:51 PM
No! I don't want to wait for the pic of Dylan and Elliott! Post is now! Post it now! :D

amoore
12-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Our Sunny is a really big cat, too. People always comment on it. He only weighs about 12 pounds (much less than Loverboy who is a normal-sized tomcat). But Sunny can easilly stand on the floor and reach the kitchen countertop at 36".

We always called Sunny a Siamese, but have been told he is a Ragdoll. I just measured him, front paw to backpaw stretched out. Over 39" !!!

jenluckenbach
12-18-2003, 05:31 AM
I see Dylan is checking out all the choice spots in the house. :D
Now I am curious as to his weight. He doesn't LOOK like a 20 pounder. My guess is.................15. ;)

sirrahbed
12-18-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
My guess is.................15. ;)

Darn....you are GOOD!! We did the scales this morning and he is 14.5 pounds. I guessed way too high with all that hair:D (and belly flubber) Eliot is 9 pounds but it is all solid and sleek muscle. Emily is 8 pounds and looks much smaller than Eliot, but again, she has the belly flubber.

Vio&Juni
12-18-2003, 07:27 AM
Dylan is a very sweet orangie

amoore
12-18-2003, 07:49 AM
I hope you post some more beautiful Dylan pictures. I keep checking to see some more of him. :)

catmandu
12-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Thats funny , as my Maine Coon , Moose the Magnificent , also thinks that waving a paw is exercise. Unless you get out the Cat Dancer , then that is a different story. Then he is a regular Richard Simmons!

sirrahbed
12-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Thats funny , as my Maine Coon , Moose the Magnificent , also thinks that waving a paw is exercise.

Hey Gary - do you have any Moose pictures to post? Is he very gentle and placid? A few people have suggested that Dylan may be MC or at least mix. I checked the net and he does fit the descriptions. Oh and by the way - Dylan DOES exercise...he RUNS to his food bowl every morning:D

RedHedd
12-18-2003, 11:39 AM
LOL! Mishi is up to 15 lbs. and I hope he's done growing! He is quite the armload of fluff! Dylan does look like a MC or at least a MC mix, and that mischievious look in his eyes
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pb1a25833f57fe76b28ff97fb015df448/fa48b5af.jpg
When Mishi looks at me like that I melt - so nawtee and SO cute! :D I know he's plotting something!

jenluckenbach
12-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Deb, Here is Gary and Moose (He cannot post pictures from his computer)

sirrahbed
12-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Deb, Here is Gary and Moose (He cannot post pictures from his computer)

Thanks Jen!!!