PDA

View Full Version : update on Angel!!!

kimlovescats
12-15-2003, 07:39 AM
I had to take Angel to the emergency vet on Sunday. Her eyes were just so bad, and she was bleeding from her nose. Unfortunately, the virus component has to run its course, but we are trying a different antibiotic and different eye ointment. She was on Amoxicillin ... now she is on Cephalexin .... was on Terramycin, now she's on Vetropolycin ointment. The vet also sprayed some epinephrine in her nose to help heal the capillaries that were irritated. However, she thinks that Angel may have damaged her eye by rubbing / scratching it while it has been infected. After the swelling goes down, we have to have it re-checked to see if she needs surgery on it. Surprisingly, she didn't even have a fever .... we were all amazed .... Angel is such a little fighter!
So please continue to pray for this baby, she has been through so much in her little life already!

:(

Steffi N
12-15-2003, 08:16 AM
Please please let dear little Angel get better soon without damage to her eye. After all she has been through she just has to get well, she just has too.
What a little fighter she is.

Barbara
12-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Little Angel you must know that you have to stay healthy on earth for quite a while!

So don't rub your poor little eyes and continue your fight against that nasty virus.

Love from all the kitties and humans here:)

catcrazylady
12-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Oh little Angel get well soon. So many troubles and struggles in such a short time. We are sending lots of prayers and good thoughts to you Angel and to your meowmie. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you both!

Kim how are the other kitties doing? You had several sick at once didn't you?

CatDad
12-15-2003, 09:48 AM
Well mixed news is better then all bad I guess.;) Here is hoping that all is well with the eye.

Prayer for a fast and full recovery on the way for little angel. Also some comfort for you, I remembered that you had a few that have URI problems.

How are all the other kitties?

jenluckenbach
12-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Poor little Angel. Please hurry up and get better soon.

kimlovescats
12-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Thanks for asking about the others too. There are five in that bunch of kittens .... only two of them are still a bit snotty, and they have the eye problems too! So far they are not as bad as Angels.... hopefully because they aren't scratching at them! We're still doing the medicine thing here, but everyone is playing again, so that's a good sign! I'll let you know when "we" are all better! ;)

Steffi N
12-15-2003, 10:44 AM
I'm happy that the other kittens are getting better and that everyone is playing again. :)

amoore
12-15-2003, 11:30 AM
Angel, I hope you get better, Quickly! Its almost time for Christmas and You are a Christmas angel.

Glad you are getting good care, sweet Angel.:)

Uabassoon
12-15-2003, 11:57 AM
Poor Angel, I'll keep you in my toughts and prayers that you feel better soon.

catmandu
12-15-2003, 01:03 PM
The found Cats are praying the Lord helps poor little Angel, and give her the health that she deserves! Found Cats are Praying for Angel.

PayItForward
12-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Poor baby, Angel :(

Get well soon... very soon

Cataholic
12-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Prayers for Angel, and the rest of your brood, that all is healthy by Christmas!

carole
12-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Dearest little Angel who has captured my heart so, please GET WELL real soon Angel, poor wee soul you have been through and conquered so much, here's wishing Angel a very speedy recovery. BLESS YOU BABY.

Miss Meow
12-15-2003, 10:38 PM
I hope she gets better soon, poor little Angel. You can do it!

krazyaboutkatz
12-16-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Prayers for Angel, and the rest of your brood, that all is healthy by Christmas! I couldn't have said it better. :)

bisi.cat
12-16-2003, 01:42 AM
Prayers are on the way!!!
Please get well soon...it's Christmas, dear girl...it's time for miracles!!!

trayi52
12-16-2003, 03:37 AM
Sweet little Angel, hope you get well really soon. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-16-2003, 05:18 PM
Sending good thoughts and prayers that little sweetie Angel is better in no time.

Please let us know how she's doing, Kim. :)

rg_girlca
12-16-2003, 09:01 PM
My thoughts and prayers are on the way that sweet little Angel and all the other little sick ones have a full and speedy recovery.

Hang in there Kim. You've done it once before and I know you will do it again.
Sending big (((((HUGS))))) for you.

jazzcat
12-16-2003, 11:09 PM
Prayers are on the way for a healthy kitty clan, especially that sweet little Angel.

amoore
12-17-2003, 07:24 AM
Thank you for keeping us updated. I know that not knowing is hard on you. We are all here for you and Angel.

kimlovescats
12-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Thank you all so very much. Her eyes are slowly improving .... still too soon to know about any damage though! :confused:

Steffi N
12-17-2003, 08:58 AM
I am relieved to hear that Angel is improving, if only slowly. I know that whatever happens she could not have more love and better care than you are giving her. Please keep us posted on how she and the other kitties are doing. I hope they are getting better too.

catcrazylady
12-17-2003, 09:04 AM
So glad to hear that Angel is improving. Bless her little heart! Prayers are still being said for her full recovery with NO damage to her eye!
I'm sorry that she has to be sick but I'm so glad she is with you. It sure has to be tough on you to see her sick. She breaks our hearts so I know how awful it must be for you to see her like this.
Many, many {{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers for you and Angel!