PDA

View Full Version : How Is Everyone Today?

RobiLee
12-15-2003, 07:25 AM
Hello All!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing today. Have the holidays got anyone stressed out? Its a hectic and busy time of year. All is well here. Work is keeping me busy. I work in retail so anyone else who works in retail knows what I'm talking about. I am locked away in what we call the "cash office" counting all the store's money and making the bank deposits and accounting for all the money that goes in and out of the room. Lots more money coming in at this time so they always increase my hours. Thats ok with me:D . With Christmas and all the medical bills :eek: that have been rolling in I can use the extra cash. Insurance has been doing pretty good with the medical bills but I still have to pay for all the leftovers. It sure does add up! I haven't even seen the radiation bill yet. I can only imagine what that bill is going to be. 28 days of using that expensive equipment. Whew, I bet thats going to be a big bill! I am nowhere near being finished with my Christmas shopping. I am so bad about that. It is the final countdown now and I've got to finish it up. As my sister says, I always work best under pressure. I'm off today and my son took my car to work so I'm going to be doing some housework and wrapping a few gifts and of course spending some time on pet talk..hehehe. I have some pics of Katie that I will be posting in Dog General. Oops..I just remembered that I left some of my gifts in the trunk of my car. Some are for my son too, he better not be snooping!! My son's birthday is on the 21'st, so I will have that coming up also. Wow...he will be 20 years old!!! Where does the time go. Ok, now I'm feeling old!....LOL. Well, I just felt like chatting a bit and I really do want to know how everyone is.

So post it right here and let us all know how you are and what you have been up to!!!

Hugs to everyone....Robin :)

shais_mom
12-15-2003, 07:40 AM
I am tired! I worked 3 rd shift last nite!!
Yep and stressed about working 3rds this week, and b/c I only have half of my Christmas shopping done, and my family can't decide when we want to get together for presents, b/c noone's schedule coincides. My brother in law gets time off from work, (he is salary) so I am the only one with a 'real schedule' job as my mom and sister are teachers.:rolleyes: They want to have it on Christmas eve and I don't want to b/c I have to work 2nd shift. But guess who gets outvoted. :mad: :rolleyes: And my sister can't get anywhere ON TIME to save her life so who knows.
But I must remember it isn't about me
b/c
Jesus is the reason for the Season!
big deep breath in blow it all the way out and relax!!:eek: ;) :p :D

RobiLee
12-15-2003, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I forgot about the schedule conflicts. I have that same problem also. It is so hard to get everyone together. We've got things set for my side of the family, but I'm not for sure when we are going to get with together with Alden's family. Alden is working nights on Christmas Eve and Day so we've got to sqeeze some time in for him to get some sleep. He is going to be very tired on his week of 3rd shift.

Hang in there!!

Robin :)

jenluckenbach
12-15-2003, 08:39 AM
Today the world is coated in a sheet of ice (I am not pleased with that). And its THICK too!!!

As for the holidays, I might sound a bit like scrooge here, but I don't DO anything.......therefore, no stress.:) I DO work a lot harder at my job, though, and even will have to work my normal day off next week (which I HATE). But my family doesn't exchange, my friends don't exchange, Charlie and I are getting one "big" item together for OUR gift so no shopping involved, cards are done, I don't bake, I don't have guests over, I will cook for my dad and husband on Christmas day, so that is nothing out of the ordinary.......in other words, I have no life, but it is simpler that way ;)

trayi52
12-15-2003, 12:51 PM
I don't know about that Jen, looks like you have plenty of life. With all those Kittys, husband, and dad. Yes your life sounds pretty full. :)

I haven't even put up a tree yet, and have done no shopping at all. Now I am the one that feels like scrooge. I am dreading getting out there and doing any kind of shopping at all, so many people! My daughter is going to PA with her boyfriend and his family for a few days, and I am going to be miserable without her. She wanted to know when we were going to put the tree up, I told her when you get back from PA. I dread her leaving me and going so far away from me. :( .

Seems like on Christmas day, I live in the kitchen, and been there for 33 years. I don't get to see a human face on Christmas until everybody comes in to eat! Nay, my older daughter helps me out a lot now that she is grown up, and the grandchildren are running around, trying to help. :D ;)

As long as I can have all my kids and grandkids with me on Christmas, then I will be very happy!!:D