PDA

View Full Version : Gigi is home!

jenfer
12-14-2003, 08:15 PM
Gigi is sound asleep in her little den right now. :D Here are some of the pictures I have taken...

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenfer/gigi/12-14-2003__25.JPG
In the car, getting ready to go home

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenfer/gigi/12-14-2003__27.JPG
Another close up

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenfer/gigi/12-14-2003__35.JPG
Eating very little

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenfer/gigi/1273b84b.jpg
Me and Gigi. :D Not all of those shoes are mine. ;)

Imagestation is not coorperating, so I am using photobucket for these.

amoore
12-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Gigi is absolutely beautiful! She looks sooo sweet!:)

trayi52
12-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Gigi is so cute, and by the way so are you. I love these little guys, they are just the cutest little things, seems like that breed never ages, do they. She is beautiful.:)

Cincy'sMom
12-14-2003, 08:49 PM
She is sooo cute!!! I didn't realize Chili didn't live with you...no getting along issues :) Have fun with her!!!

micki76
12-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Oh Jennifer! She’s adorable! :D If it’s really cold there, you may want to take a small heating pad and wrap it in a couple of towels and put it in part of her crate. Just make sure she has enough room in there to get off of it so she won’t get too hot. We did that with Chester when we got him cause it was the cold part of the year here. Plus, it doesn’t take much for him to get cold.

Oh, she’s too cute for her own good. She’s gonna be so spoiled!

Have fun & don’t stress too much! ;)

Miss Meow
12-14-2003, 09:07 PM
I CAN'T SEE - NOOOOOOO!!!!! :(

Our connection isn't loading pictures today, so I'll have to check again tomorrow. But I don't have to see pics to know that she's the most beautiful little thing :)

PS does she have a bald belly?! :)

Karen
12-14-2003, 09:38 PM
She's soooo widdle and cute! Miss Hoppy is bigger than that! Welcome to Pet Talk, Gigi! Start living the good life, and be a good girl for Mama, okay? Oh, sweet puppy breath!

jenfer
12-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Yes, bald belly. :D
She took an long nap after she got home. And then I let her out and she peed on the newspaper. I am so proud of her! :D Then we played a little. I just put her in her crate... I know it's kind of early, but she must be tired today. I heard her crying out there. I am going to let her cry, she should be fine.

Dogz
12-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Gigi is just so cute! Congratulations on the new addition, you must be such a proud mommy! I hope to see some more pictures of her, very soon. Welcome to Pet Talk, Gigi!

Aspen and Misty
12-14-2003, 10:14 PM
ADORABLE!!!!!!! We DEFINITLY need TONS of pictures of this sweety when she comes out!

Ash

Foam
12-14-2003, 10:22 PM
She is ADORABLE!!! :D

K9soul
12-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Awww, what a cutie! Congrats on your homecoming Gigi! You and your momma have some bonding to do now :)

RubyMutt
12-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Yea! I know I've said this many times, but I am so excited for you! :D Gigi is TOO CUTE!! She's so tiny :) I love her! Please keep those pics coming! :D

tikeyas_mom
12-14-2003, 10:54 PM
AWWW so cute!! what a lil sweety!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

jenfer
12-14-2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks, everyone. :D
She is on my lap right now. She sleeps in 1-hour increments. :rolleyes:
Despite of her size, she can cry very loud.
I think I will put her crate in my room tonite, do you think that will stop her from crying?
BTW, she has lots of wrinkle on her head and her little feet. :D

micki76
12-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by jenfer
I think I will put her crate in my room tonite, do you think that will stop her from crying?

It may help. I gave up on Chester sleeping in the crate and just brought him to bed with me the second night. LOL Best thing I ever did. I got a good nights sleep and a good sleeping buddy. ;)

Did you try the heating pad thing I suggested? That usually helps to quiet them down, because they're used to the heat from their mother and siblings.

robinh
12-15-2003, 07:58 AM
OMG - she's beautiful!! I love dachshund puppies - they are so sweet! Great picture of you. Both of you are beautiful.

Mine both cried in the kennel - I'm like Micki - brought them to bed and that's where they sleep today. Watch out though - for small dogs they are bed HOGS! Never knew such a small animal could stretch out so big.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
12-15-2003, 08:12 AM
She is absolutley ADORABLE :D :D :D Enjoy her :D and enjoy the PUPPY BREATH:D Everyone LOVES Puppy Breath:D

FizzGigg's Mommy Who misses Puppy Breath !!!!

Linda York
12-15-2003, 09:36 AM
quote: Originally posted by jennifer

quote: Originally posted by micki76

It may help. I gave up on Chester sleeping in the crate and just brought him to bed with me the second night. LOL Best thing I ever did. I got a good nights sleep and a good sleeping buddy.

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS Jennifer on bringing your new little baby home! She is just TOO cute!! And I have forgotten how very little they are.
:D I too just brought my tiny babies to bed with me and snuggled. After when they got bigger it really wasn't a major problem to switch over to the crate. I actually beleive mine enjoyed their own space when they got bigger. I am so happy for you. Enjoy your little baby and please send LOTS of pictures often. She is just A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!! :D :D :D

jenfer
12-15-2003, 10:40 AM
Cute Christmas pic, Linda. :D
My sis just informed me that she had an accident on the pillow :o And she is now crying non stop in her crate outside. I will figure out something about the sleeping issue. :)
Ok, I better go and check out what's going on outside. :D

jenfer
12-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Oh Micki, I will try the heat pad tonite. I will also try to see if I can arrange the crate so it feels more like my bed for her. haha...

K9karen
12-15-2003, 07:16 PM
I'll bet she could fit snuggly in any of those shoes! :D ;) Gigi is precious beyond words..so teeny and wrinkly..How adorable!...
Brings back memories when I first got Cody. He whimpered in one hour increments too! Just when I thought he settled down and I was falling back to sleep, he'd start again! My mom and brother apparently are heavy sleepers, but I remember very vividly, my dad knocking on my bedroom door.... :rolleyes:
The people I got him from gave me a piece of blanket from his whelping pen so it had all the odors (and not too good I may add) . I also used a small manual alarm clock next to his crate so it tick-tocked. By the 3rd night, he was much better. I think Gigi is just scared. Cody didn't eat much either, but I wouldn't worry. When she's hungry, she'll eat fine. You're doing great and so is Gigi! The photos were wonderful!!!

Miss Meow
12-15-2003, 10:17 PM
I can see the pictures now! She's gorgeous :) I love her colouring; it'll be interesting to see her change over time into her final shade of red :)

She will settle. You will soon learn the difference between cries of distress and cries for 'I just want all of your attention.' Trust me ;) You are going to have yourself the most wonderful companion when she realises what a great mummy she has :)

We took ours to the beach for the first time today. Fun! ... until the waves rolled in. A one-inch surf is enough to soak their bellies!

jenfer
12-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Thanks for all the tips and advice. I really need them. :) I will try tonite. Wish I were a heavy sleeper. haha... Not only can she cries, she screams. That was fun. :rolleyes:
But once again, she is now sleeping on my lap wrapped in a big towel...so she is not shaking any more.

Nicole, glad to hear your babies have fun at the beach. Gigi got all the attention today when I bring her to my work. heehee... And she got her new sweater, too bad it's too big, so she can somehow take it off herself.:rolleyes:

Can't wait to understand her better.