PDA

View Full Version : Please read this story, very heartwarming..

trayi52
12-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Laura Grabinsky sent me this story, I thought it was so sweet. She said it was okay for me to post it, she wrote it herself. She is quite talented and lives in Canada. She also writes beautiful, beautiful Poetry.
But anyway here is here Story:

A Christmas Miracle Story

(Short Story this is true. My first short story I have posted please let me know what you think. Thanks Fallenstar)

The Brave Dog

I have a great job one that allows me to work outdoors and at my own time. I have a great paper route that leads down to the ocean. I deliver to each house and cabin on the back roads. I love this job and I haven’t gotten any complaints since I started it. But there is one house I deliver to that is my favorite house because the owners own a golden retriever. She’s an older dog probably around eleven or twelve years old. She is very smart and the owner said she used to work with him at the post office a long time ago. Well I would deliver their newspapers and every time the golden retriever would come out side and take the paper from me and I would place it gently in her mouth. She then waits for me to pet her. Then she walks away back to house and takes the paper to her owner. If she doesn’t come out I worry about her. She turned out to be a very good friend of mine. She doesn’t like cold weather because she has arthritis and she stays inside on cold days.

It was close to Christmas time and there was a huge storm one weekend. We had bad wind warnings and heavy rain with thunder and lightening. The next day most people were with out power and had to wait for hydro to fix this problem. There were a lot of trees that fell down during the night and hit the power lines. A lot of lose branches all over the road. That day I had to work. I woke up with no coffee and no power but I thought if town had power then I would get a coffee there. I hated to drive and go to work with out at least a coffee to wake me up. The papers were all there so I got ready to go. I drove down to the road to see my paper puppy first. She didn’t come out and I got very disappointed. I always look forward to seeing her. I did my route and went home. The power finally came back on just in time for dinner.

Well I looked forward to that following Wednesday to do my route again. Hoping to see my paper puppy. I left that Wednesday morning as usual. I headed down the road where she lives. I was very happy to see her outside with her master. She was wagging her tail and happy to be taking the paper once again back inside the house for her beloved master. I stopped to talk to her owner for a while. I asked him what happened and why I haven’t seen her outside for the last week or so. He told me about a little accident that happened to her. During the last storm with all the power outages lightening zapped her. Lightening struck a tree and she was standing near the tree. The lightening bolt got her in the hip and she was zapped. She wasn’t hurt that badly but she passed out from it. I noticed a little burn mark on her back leg and she limped. But other than that she seemed fine. She was wagging her tail and walked towards me ready to take the paper once more. I gave a friendly pet on her head and ruffled her side. She walked back down to the house with her owner. That was one lucky dog I thought to myself as I got back into my car to continue my route. Lucky puppy. Merry Christmas!
Written by Laura Grabinsky, my sweet and beautiful friend.:)

rg_girlca
12-13-2003, 08:47 PM
What a lovely story.
Thank you and your friend for sharing it with us and yes, I agree when you say your friend is talented.

trayi52
12-13-2003, 09:01 PM
Thank you rg_girlca, Laura will be very pleased. She loves writing and has posted a lot of her work. She is a really good person, and deserves a lot of recognition and happiness. I will tell her what you said. I know she will be very pleased.

Thanks,
Tray

amoore
12-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Trayi tell laura thay was a very good story. Maybe you should get her to join PetTalk. :D

trayi52
12-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Wow, I just talked to Laura, and she is going to come and look, she may join too! Isn't that great news Ann?

amoore
12-13-2003, 09:46 PM
That would be great! I would love that! She is so sweet and nice.:D

slick
12-13-2003, 09:47 PM
What a beautiful story and while reading it I got tears in my eyes expecting a sadder ending. What a surprise.

Please encourage Laura to join and share some more stories. Does she have pets??? If so, make sure she reads Phred's instructions.

trayi52
12-13-2003, 09:59 PM
She has a story about her cat that ran away because of a housefire, and she is still so sad about that happening, she sent me pictures of her cat, because she said it liked to sleep in boxes, it was so funny. But she is a really wonderful person, and she has a 15 year old son, and trying to make a living as a single mother. She is great! I will help her as much as I can.

When I was reading the story, I was expecting a sad ending, you know that is what makes a really good story, not knowing what is going to happen next. Keeps the suspense up.:)

trayi52
12-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Laura just joined, she is Dusty2003, she just told me. Yeah!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2003, 11:57 PM
That was a very nice heartwarming story.:) I'm glad to hear that Laura has joined PT and I look forward to reading more of her posts.:)

trayi52
12-14-2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks to you all, I am sure you will all give her a warm welcome. She will probably be joining us tomorrow, she had to go to bed early, she has to get up early and work.

Again thanks to all of you for your responses to her story.

Tray:)

amoore
12-14-2003, 09:56 AM
That is such good news! Welcome to Pet Talk, Dusty!:D

bobbie cox
12-14-2003, 07:53 PM
I loved your story. It made me smile. :) :) :)

trayi52
12-15-2003, 03:19 AM
Thank you, bobbie cox, I know she will be so happy to know that her story was loved here. I am hoping to get her to posting soon, she changed her name to her real name and it is now Lauralg.

So thanks to everybody!! For giving her such a warm welcome.