PDA

View Full Version : Vacums?????

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Why are dogs so scared of vacums??? :p :rolleyes:

Twisterdog
12-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Because they are loud, and scary.

Actually, my dogs aren't scared of the vacuum. Some of them go outside when I vacuum, I think because of the noise. But Basil tries to attack and kill the vacuum, so I have to put him out. :rolleyes:

stacwase
12-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Oh - Max is scared to death of the vacuum! It's so funny. He growls and barks at it, and acts like he's going to bite it, but then he gets scared and runs and hides. He thinks it's trying to attack him, and he has no idea that I'm the one controlling it! One time I acted like it was attacking me, to see if he'd protect me. He didn't. He ran and hid.

Tonya
12-16-2003, 09:48 PM
Not vacums, but Roxy chases the lawn mower and barks at it.

Smilla
12-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Lefty doesn't bark at my big canister vacuum, but turns and slinks out of the room whenever I pull it out. However, he does bark whenever I use the little Dirt Devil. Sometimes if I make a loud noise accidentally, he'll look at me as though he's a little annoyed. :)

pitc9
12-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Buddy is not afraid if the vacum at all!! If he's laying down on the floor when I'm vacuming, I have to push him out of the way!
(thunder, fireworks or gun shots... now that's another story!)

Sierra on the other hand, she acts like one has tried to EAT her before!! She acts like it's going to attack her!!!! She can't get far enough away fom me when I'm using it!
(She's the same way with the riding lawn mower and plactic bags)

amoore
12-17-2003, 12:21 PM
If Tiny just sees the vacuum she runs and hide in her little box! I don't even have to turn it on! :eek:

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the replies! It's interesting to know who's dogs are scared of what....heehee My dogs are scared to death of the vacum and couldn't care less about the lawn mower! :p

primabella
12-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Mickey used to be so scared of the vacuum. He would growl at it but I made him go near it and smell it out. He's okay with it now. I think he just didn't like the idea of this big machine making loud noises. :p Now whenever we vacuum, he likes to "catch" the brush so it's a real pain. Sometimes we'll accidentally hit him because he comes right in front of us as we vacuum. :rolleyes:

When my dad mows the lawn we make sure Mickey is inside. Once he was out and tried to chase the lawn mower. Almsot gave me a heart attack because that thing could just cut off his legs! :eek:

Mickey also used to be terrified of these dancing Christmas puppets. He would run away. :D

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Christmas puppets you've got to be kidding me! Maybe they look different because they are color blind, and they look like blobs....LOL :rolleyes: :p

primabella
12-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by *FlatCoatsRule*
Christmas puppets you've got to be kidding me! Maybe they look different because they are color blind, and they look like blobs....LOL :rolleyes: :p

Well actually it's because they were dancing puppets and music would play too. Lol. They were even bad dancers. They would just hop around. ;)

pitc9
12-18-2003, 08:49 AM
Hee Hee!! :D

I have a snowman that sing and dances (wiggles around) and Buddy HATES it!! He growls and snaps at it!!!! :D

Smilla
12-18-2003, 10:21 AM
I forgot to mention that Lefty also barked at my Swiffer WetJet the first time I used it, but he seems to have gotten used to it now!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
12-18-2003, 10:40 AM
My Max LOVES the vacume especally when I use the wands. He likes to bite the ends. When he does this his face gets all sucked in and he looks so funny LOL (I'm laughing just thinking about it) But I dont let him do this to much because I dont want to suck all the air out of him. Now my Bichon Fizzy Tries to bite it and then when I shut it off he tries to hump it:confused: :confused: If you guys can explain that one PLEASE do:) My Pug Tobi Runs as soon as he sees it

amoore
12-18-2003, 04:10 PM
FizzGiggs that is just too funny! What a funny Bichon Fizzy!:D