PDA

View Full Version : Passwords...

Cookiebaker
12-13-2003, 05:47 AM
I know passwords are important, but I am so annoyed! I have two email accounts, that download into the same email program; both account's passwords were saved automatically. We lost email service for a day, and now it pops up asking for the password. I can't remember it for the life of me!! :mad: :rolleyes: And I've looked, but I can't find a place to request a new one or get a hint as to what it was. :mad: Meanwhile, I just want my email!

Logan
12-13-2003, 05:49 AM
Don't you hate that? I know it probably isn't the right thing to do, but I usually try to use the same user id and same password for most of my online things, including email, but you always get that exception where they say "that name is already is use", when you know it isn't, or they say you have to use at least one number with the letters, etc etc etc.

You're probably going to have to reset your passcodes, Anna. Do you have a tech support number you can call? Good luck!

sasvermont
12-13-2003, 06:25 AM
I know what you mean too! I usually select the same two passwords/numbers and boy, if someone de-codes mine, I am in big trouble.

I think there is a software package out there somewhere, that will "manage" your passwords for you. Of course you need to enter the data in the first place! :)

Sometimes, at work especially, the vendor can email you your password after confirming your email address and a couple of other items.

Good luck.

P. S. Cookiebaker, I just gave Winter a hair cut. I had to close the door to her room so that the hair would not fly all over the house. Wow. What a mess. I will fill two bags to the vaccum I am sure! Winter bites, by the way. Not hard, but she bites. Any advice on how to cure her of that?

Cookiebaker
12-13-2003, 08:31 AM
P. S. Cookiebaker, I just gave Winter a hair cut. I had to close the door to her room so that the hair would not fly all over the house. Wow. What a mess. I will fill two bags to the vaccum I am sure! Winter bites, by the way. Not hard, but she bites. Any advice on how to cure her of that?

Aww Winter must look so especially cute now with a fresh haircut! I know what a mess it is! (No offense to chihuahua owners) but I always say I'm sweeping up a small chihuahua. :)

About biting, I don't really know. Willow has nipped me a time or two but only when I've caught a snag or something. Maybe just go really slow, only grooming 5 minutes a day, to help build her trust?

p.s. New pictures soon?? :p :D

Thanks for the advice on the passwords. I think I'm going to call Adelphia today, and see what they suggest.

Felicia's Mom
12-13-2003, 09:21 AM
I write all my passwords in a little notebook. You aren't supposed to write them down, but I'll forget them if I don't and I live by myself.

bluekat
12-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Aww, I know how you feel. I hate that too, it has happened to me.
Our Internet is connected to my dad's work, and he has the username and password already in. But one day the password had accidently got erased, and he can't remember it. So I wasn't able to go on the Internet until he asked his work again for the password. It was really annoying.
and also, I forgot my password to a few different sites too, but at least they're not that important.:p

trayi52
12-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Most of the time, I use the same user name and password on some of my email account that I have like with Yahoo, and hotmail, but with my email account at my isp, I do have a different password there, but same user name. Its always something I can remember, after a few trys I usually get it right!!

KYS
12-13-2003, 12:25 PM
That has happened to me in the past too, and
I end up having to call my internet provider. :(

Cookiebaker
12-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Well my hubby wrote email to adelphia, and not even 10 minutes after that I remembered the password. :p So I'm all set, and 157 email messages downloaded. Mostly spam, tho'. Uggh.