PDA

View Full Version : Whatchya doing New Years Eve?

catnapper
12-12-2003, 09:41 PM
I'll tell you what Pouncer's doing! Recovering from his neutering! Poor guy.

The vet wanted to do it Christmas Eve (I just COULDN"T) So we will do it New Years Eve and let him Recouperate with all our friends giving him TLC.

They say that cats get sweeter, more gentle after getting fixed Pouncer's so sweet and lappy as it is... how much more will he be?:eek:

When we had Allen fixed, I didn't recognize my boy for at least a week;) He seemed so much more mellow immediately afterwards - Allen was a kitty who loved to wrestle, no cuddle. Pouncer will look like he's stoned all of the time!

CatDad
12-12-2003, 11:29 PM
I am probably not doing much new years. I generally tend to stay home that night.

Good Luck to Pouncer. If he becomes more friendly I would watch out.;)

trayi52
12-13-2003, 12:56 AM
Probably stay at home, unless they have a fireworks show in town. Most of the time I just stay at home. :)

catmandu
12-13-2003, 08:46 AM
IF i can rcall , recoverinfg from neutering was not that much of a problem , for my Toms. And he should beable to fuly enjoy the New Years Eve revels.

slick
12-13-2003, 09:48 AM
I never go out NYE. There's too many drunks on the road and I've done all the partying when I was younger.

amoore
12-13-2003, 10:12 AM
I turn a year older New years eve!:(

I'm glad Sunny or Loverboy has that neutering stuff over with! Sunny got his at 5 months old. I don't know how old Loverboy is.

slick
12-13-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by amoore
I turn a year older New years eve!:(
Don't worry. It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter :D :D

Really it's only a number. But wouldn't your birthday get lost in the shuffle?? I really feel sorry for people with birthdays in December because Christmas seems to overshadow the special day.

NYE is a Wednesday this year. Maybe Richard will let us have the bar that night.

amoore
12-13-2003, 10:39 AM
You are so right about Birthdays, and Holidays
I was 20 min. away from being born on New years day! It's like New Years, instead of my birthday. Since I'm older it don't matter now . I kind of like it being overshadowed. LOL!

amoore
12-13-2003, 10:57 AM
lut, That sounds like a lot of fun! :)

Edwina's Secretary
12-13-2003, 12:14 PM
One year I had money left in my medical reimbursement account that had to be used by year end or lost. A friend of mine is a radiologist. So I had a mammogram on New Year's Eve!

(I plan better now!)

Pam
12-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by slick
I never go out NYE. There's too many drunks on the road and I've done all the partying when I was younger.

You sound a lot like me! In fact often I fall asleep waiting for the ball to drop on TV. My neighbors wake me up with all of their noise makers. I am a barrel of fun! LOL! :rolleyes: :D

trayi52
12-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Gee, lut I do that by myself most of the time, 10, 9, 8, 7......, come to think of it they usually have their fireworks show a few days before New Years.

Amoore, you know I turn a year older on the 28th, and you turn a year older on the 31st, we really messed up didn't we, most of the time my birthday is just overlooked because of it coming right after Christmas. :(

My birthday always gets lost in the shuffle of Christmas, :( ,

Poor, poor me. :(

:) :D

catnapper
12-13-2003, 01:44 PM
I'm so glad that we're not the only ones laying low. We will have a few friends, thats it (and playing match makers because my daughter's best friend has a crush on my friend's son... both will be at the party, will teenage magic happen at midnight?:) )

Happy Birthday to Amoore. I know about the getting missed thing. My mom is one week before Christmas and forgotten every year. One year she was making extra money by working at a local supermarket... she was talking to a customer that just had a 1st grandbaby and was telling them how the poor baby will be forgotten every year. Well, just as mom was telling this story to the customer, my grandmom and I walked in - you see, Grandmom FORGOT my mom's birthday that year and was going to surprise her at work with a card and gift. oops. My daughter is also a week after New Years. We make sure that she's not forgotten, but how can we when she reminds us every day... "its currently xx days til my birthday!"

Anyway, I'm so glad to see that people are staying home and avoiding "amature night" I am really looking forward to a peaceful New Years this year and hope that I can stay awake til midnight (I never do, this Cinderella turns into a Pumpkin by 11:00.)

amoore
12-13-2003, 02:24 PM
I thought it was the coach that turned into a pumpkin at midnight! LOL

I'm looking forward to '04, Happy New Year to all!

trayi52
12-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Gee, I have a birthday too! See we just get overlooked.:(

Happy Birthday my sweet sister, Ann!:D ;)