PDA

View Full Version : Instant Justice for Once

dukedogsmom
12-12-2003, 08:46 PM
These guys died trying to drown their pit bull because it was old and wouldn't fight. Here's the whole article
http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1203/113315.html

G.P.girl
12-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Good for the doggie! that he's still alive.
i know this sounds terrible but my first thought was good ridance to the guy who tried to drown the pitbull.poor pitty....

GoldenRetrLuver
12-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Good ridance to that kid. :mad: :mad: :mad: That's HORRIBLE. Thank gosh the dog survived.

12-12-2003, 11:51 PM
What a wonderful ending. I'm glad the pitbull is ok. stupid ********* fighting pits. :mad: :mad:

lovemyshiba
12-13-2003, 12:01 AM
I was coming on to post that story!! I got it from my shiba rescue group, and the title was "Karma at work"

Good for them.

amoore
12-13-2003, 09:33 AM
Justice finally happens!

cocker_luva
12-13-2003, 12:27 PM
good riddence to the both of them; fighting their dog, then trying to kill it. i have no sympothy for people like that. i wish anyone who abused animals would just drop dead.

lizbud
12-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Instant justice is right. he best part of the whole story was

"The pit bull is still alive and unharmed. " :)

I hope the dog can live out the rest of it's natural life around
normal human beings.

trayi52
12-13-2003, 03:27 PM
I hate the fact that people raise dogs just to fight them anyway, that is so cruel. I have a nephew that does that. I have heard he has a certain place he dumps all the ones that lose, and there is a lot of them too.

It is so stupid, the law around here will not do anything about it either, and I hate it. I know he has the fights right where he lives too. I have tried to get something done about it, but nothing!

Take an innocent dog, and make a fighting, killing machine out of it. It is not right, and I don't care if it is my nephew, I wish they would bust him for it.

Not here though, they do that and Cock fighting, which is something else I hate. It is aganist the law here, but they do it anyway, and it does no good to report them. This place just sucks sometimes.:(

Dogz
12-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Ugh. Should I say this once again? I hate people.:mad: I am glad that the dog survived.

trayi52
12-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Me too, and he didn't want to fight!!! LOL.:D

joycenalex
12-13-2003, 07:14 PM
sometimes the (human gene) pool needs chlorine. people who fight dogs are scum.

moosmom
12-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Justice finally happens!

AMEN to that!!!

Twisterdog
12-13-2003, 11:35 PM
Oh my.

Poor dog. Poor, poor dog, to have lived a life like that, and then to almost face a death like that.

I'm certainly glad the dog is alive.

Now ... flame me if you will ... but I have to say this.

Those two men that died were someone's son, someone's brother, someone's grandson. I imagine tonight there are grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, mothers, wives, friends who are grieving, torn up over the horrible way their loved ones died.

I HATE dog fighting. HATE IT!!! Don't get wrong.

But few people are ALL bad. Perhaps one of these men that died was a wonderful husband, a loving father. We don't know. I just hate to see ANYone's death glorified ... well, almost anyone's. There are a few heinous, subhuman monsters that I would be happy to see in the grave.

trayi52, you said your nephew fights dogs and you hate it. But, he is still your nephew, right? Your family still loves him. I like to think that maybe people will see the light someday. I don't know, I guess I'm just imagining what it would be like to be a member of that family tonight.

trayi52
12-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Shanna, you are absolutely right, I am quite certain I would not want to see my nephew dead, we lost his sister two years ago in a car accident, and we all suffered when that happened. She left three small children behind and was trying to raise her children by herself. David has one child himself.

As much as I disagree with what he does, I want him to live, and I do love him. Who knows he might change his ways, and that would be bad, never to have had the chance to change. David is a kind hearted person otherwise, though he has some problems in other areas of his life I wish he would change, but I want him to have a chance to change and not leave us like that.

Thank you for that reminder, Shanna.:)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
But few people are ALL bad. Perhaps one of these men that died was a wonderful husband, a loving father. We don't know. I just hate to see ANYone's death glorified ... well, almost anyone's. There are a few heinous, subhuman monsters that I would be happy to see in the grave.

IMO, ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE who fights dogs isn't great in my book. Loving husband, father, whatever, Is scum.

trayi52
12-14-2003, 12:23 AM
GoldenRetrLuver, I hate to get off the subject here, but I just have to ask about your signature, how do you make it look like light going off around it? What program did you use? I just sat and stare and think how??

Sorry to go off subject like that, but I really love that.:)

Tray

GoldenRetrLuver
12-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
GoldenRetrLuver, I hate to get off the subject here, but I just have to ask about your signature, how do you make it look like light going off around it? What program did you use? I just sat and stare and think how??

Sorry to go off subject like that, but I really love that.:)

Tray

Do you mean the thing that says "I love my dogs" or the regular signature? ;)

trayi52
12-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Yes the one that says " I love my dogs", thats the one. I just adore it.

tray

GoldenRetrLuver
12-14-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
Yes the one that says " I love my dogs", thats the one. I just adore it.

tray

Thanks. :)
I actually didn't make it. :o I got it off of another board I visit. If you want I can PM you the address to it. :) They have many more "blinkies" to choose from. ;)

trayi52
12-14-2003, 12:44 AM
Please do, thanks!:)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-14-2003, 12:53 AM
Check your PM's! :)

lizbud
12-14-2003, 10:36 AM

I just hate to see ANYone's death glorified ... well, almost anyone's. There are a few heinous, subhuman monsters that I would be happy to see in the grave.

These sub humans deserve as much sympathy as they showed
to this poor animal. IMO.

dukedogsmom
12-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Amen, lizbud! I don't care who they are. If someone in my family was doing that, I would disown them. I feel no sympathy at all for those scum.

IttyBittyKitty
12-20-2003, 10:13 AM
Oh my.

Poor dog. Poor, poor dog, to have lived a life like that, and then to almost face a death like that.

I'm certainly glad the dog is alive.

Now ... flame me if you will ... but I have to say this.

Those two men that died were someone's son, someone's brother, someone's grandson. I imagine tonight there are grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, mothers, wives, friends who are grieving, torn up over the horrible way their loved ones died.

I HATE dog fighting. HATE IT!!! Don't get wrong.

trayi52, you said your nephew fights dogs and you hate it. But, he is still your nephew, right? Your family still loves him. I like to think that maybe people will see the light someday. I don't know, I guess I'm just imagining what it would be like to be a member of that family tonight.

Twisterdog, I see your point, (and its a good one) but unfortunately, this type of loutish, piggish behaviour often goes hand in hand with out loutish, piggish behaviour like abusing your kids, drinking copious amounts of booze and wife-beating.

I'm sure that their family are crying over them, but family members have cried over murderers who have been executed too ...

Cinder & Smoke
12-20-2003, 12:25 PM
The thoughts of "...serves *THEM* right"
or "*THEY* deserved what THEY got"
is not supported by the facts presented in the article!

The News Article states:

"A man and his son drowned Monday night
after the son tried to drown their dog...

Police say the son fell into a pit full of water inside an old cotton gin and the father went in after him.

Police say the son and his cousin were trying to drown their pit bull,
Before drowning the dog, the son fell in and the cousin ran for help...

The cousin ran for help and called 9-1-1.
That's when the father ...
jumped into the pit after his son."

It appears the SON and the cousin were the evil-doers;
and although there is not a divinitive statement one way or the other;
it's possible the Father was not even present for the attempted drowning of the dog...
Nowhere does it state that the Father either condoned or knew of the plan to drown the dog.

Bottom Line ~
A not-so-nice 18-year-old boy, and an Obviously Loving Father
both died in a tragic way...

It does NOT become us to rejoice in the death of ANY living being ~
Dog OR Human! :(

/s/ Phred

Twisterdog
12-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
The thoughts of "...serves *THEM* right"
or "*THEY* deserved what THEY got"
is not supported by the facts presented in the article!

The News Article states:

"A man and his son drowned Monday night
after the son tried to drown their dog...

Police say the son fell into a pit full of water inside an old cotton gin and the father went in after him.

Police say the son and his cousin were trying to drown their pit bull,
Before drowning the dog, the son fell in and the cousin ran for help...

The cousin ran for help and called 9-1-1.
That's when the father ...
jumped into the pit after his son."

It appears the SON and the cousin were the evil-doers;
and although there is not a divinitive statement one way or the other;
it's possible the Father was not even present for the attempted drowning of the dog...
Nowhere does it state that the Father either condoned or knew of the plan to drown the dog.

Bottom Line ~
A not-so-nice 18-year-old boy, and an Obviously Loving Father
both died in a tragic way...

It does NOT become us to rejoice in the death of ANY living being ~
Dog OR Human! :(

/s/ Phred

Excellent points, Phred. Thanks for pointing that out.

And, if you will re-read my post, everyone ... I didn't say I felt sorry for the people who tried to drown the dog per se, I said I felt sorry for their family members. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, eh?

Fox-Gal
12-24-2003, 01:00 AM
I have to agree it was a sick sick sick thing to do to any animal and I'm very happy to hear that the dog made it and hopefull he will have a wonderfull life from here on.

But to say that the death of other human being because of this if OK, I can't understand that. There is now a wife, other children maybe, that have to learn how to go on with out their loved ones. A wife that now has to support herself alone, raise a family alone, how can we just say Oh well served them right. It didn't serve her right or the rest of the family.

I can't see how we can be so cold as to not think of others also, we are good loving people here, we show that in our love for our pets. We need to show that also in our love for the human race, no matter how bad they might be. We need to be better then them, they felt it was right to kill a dog in that way so we feel it's right that a human died that way? No dog, cat or human should have to die in such a way. Forgiveness and compassion.

Soledad
12-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Forgiveness and compassion.

Those two things are in short supply around here.

Cookiebaker
12-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Thank you Twisterdog & Phred, I completely agree with what you are saying.

Tonya
12-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey I bet that dawg has a new favorite chair, right beside the happy widow.

LMAO. That was a comment below the story. Instant justice for sure!

dukedogsmom
12-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Tonya, I didn't see that. Too funny :D