PDA

View Full Version : Help me!

Amber
12-12-2003, 08:13 PM
You know how I said I was writing a paper on puppy mills for class? We had to do something that you want changed. Like to make a proposal out of it. Well I was talking to my friend and she ask me what I was writing about and I said puppy mills. and she is like puppy mills? what are those? So I tried to explain it to her but it was hard. I felt like a dumb fool. She is writing about lunch food and how they should be better. I bet im the only one who is going to be writing about puppy mills. and everyone will write something about our school. Should I re-write my paper? Should I switch my topic? please help. I will feel like a freak when I read my paper. hat if people see me diferent? Gosh, this is my worriers coming out. what should I DO? Oh yeah and another thing, we had to write 5 paragraphs on it, and our teacher said we had to MEMORIZE all of it, with no paper, no index cards. How in the world can we memorize 5 paragraphs?? SHE IS SO HARD ON US, AND I SOO DISLIKE THIS TEACHER!!!:mad: she is so mean with us. I feel like crying. I will feel so dumb standing there blabbing about puppy mills and people will be like this girl is weird. I want to cry, and I dont want to do this!! :( :( :( :(

RubyMutt
12-12-2003, 08:19 PM
I think you should keep your original topic. IMO, Puppy Mills are a MUCH more important issue than cafeteria food! So what if your different, I think it shows that you put a little more thought into your paper. Especially if you already have it written, it'll be hard to start all over. As for memorizing, just practice, practice, practice! Read it out loud to yourself over and over again. I have found that it helps :) Good luck!

Amber
12-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Thanks Rubymutt, I already have my paragrahs done and compleate. Im just going to stick with it. and your right, I prolly did put more thought in it. :) thanks.

.....I need to calm done!

dukedogsmom
12-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Don't stray from your beliefs! And, you will give a lot of kids knowledge they wouldn't have had if you changed your topic. You might want to also say a little bit about byb. That might help take up a little space. Good luck memorizing it all.

Cookiebaker
12-12-2003, 08:25 PM
I personally think you should write about puppy mills. It is something that a lot of people DON'T know about, and this is a way that you can educate your peers. Can you use visual props (pictures/charts etc.)?

And I agree, I think the topic of puppy mills is much more in depth and important than cafeteria food.

Good Luck with it, and let us know how it goes!!!

Amber
12-12-2003, 08:29 PM
thanks, I wish I could throw in BYB's but my teacher doesnt want us talking about 1 thing and then changing the subject. and I wish i could have pictures or props, but that wasnt aloud, I think it would be neat if I could. *sigh* I really dont like this teacher....

binka_nugget
12-12-2003, 09:28 PM
I'm with the others. Stick with puppy mills. Especially since you have to memorize it..it'll be much easier to memorize something you're passionate about rather than memorizing a speech about cafe food. Do you have to write and say everything word for word? Because if not..you can just have an idea on what subtopic for each paragraph and just go over it from what you already know. I have info about puppy mills planted in my head..I could easily talk about them for hours and I'm sure you'd have no problem with talking about puppy mills off the top of your head.:)

Amber
12-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Thanks! I was just talking anout it with my mom and she said if I were to go blank she said just start making stuff up as you go, I already have enough to talk about puppy mills.

2kitties
12-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Teachers spend half their lives looking for a student with an original thought! Don't just follow the status quo- be the original. You have a topic that is not only original, but it also carries social importance. Let's just say that in 20 years, you'll still care about puppy mills and you won't give a darn about school lunches.
It's a great topic. And don't hate me for saying this, but this teacher who is hard on you is the one you will remember when you are in a successful and meaningful job.

KYS
12-12-2003, 10:51 PM
I also say, Stick to the "Puppy Mill"
I think it is a very important topic.
Since your friend never heard of a puppy mill,
how perfect for you to educate the class.
I am sure you can get plenty of stats and pictures,
to make a chart.
Your speech will not only be interesting, informative but very
important.

Never be a sheep, try to be a leader. :)

Amber
12-13-2003, 11:08 AM
Thankyou, It is a good topic. Im going to stick with it. All these replies make me feel better. I guess its not the topic im worried about, its the memorizing and standing up in class.. Oh well, just the 1 day and then it will be Christmas break.

trayi52
12-13-2003, 06:50 PM
Amber, you go ahead and write about the puppy mills, It is original and it is something you believe in plus it is a very good topic.

I visited a couple of puppy mills. This man close to where I live has hundreds of dogs, and all he does is breed just for the money. He would breed the dogs, and use papers that didn't even belong to the dog. AKC shut him down once, but he went to another club.

Then there was another one, much worse, I went in there and had to hold my nose, the smell of urine was so strong, he had automated feeders, and wateres up so he never had to go in except to get a dog to sell to some unknowing person. I felt so sorry for these animals, he had every kind of breed to be thought of there. When I came out of there, the legs of my jeans were covered in fleas. Needless to say, he didn't stay in his business very long after that, he got busted big time.

You write, and I don't think you will have to worry about whether or not you will remember what to say, because this is something that is already in your mind and your heart. Great subject, Amber!

Tray

Karen
12-13-2003, 07:16 PM
What a good topic. If you are nervous, it's important to speak with conviction - that will help get your point across, and will let people see you are passionate about your topic. This is sure to result in a better grade than some mundane paper on a topic like everyone else's, and, even if you forget what you wrote, it's a gut-wrenching subject that I am sure you could speak for an hour on!

To help yourself memorize and present, look at the first and past sentance of each paragraph - that should provide a good summary of what the paragraph is about. Make yourself a list of your important points, if you can remeber those, I'm sure the sentaces that explain them will fill themselves right in.

Good for you, by the way, standing up for those dogs in puppy mills everywhere. Licks and kisses would be sent your way if they only knew! So give yourself a good supportive-style hug from me, okay?

Amber
12-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Thankyou, I feel So much better about this now. Thankyou Trayi52 & Karen, and everyone else:)