PDA

View Full Version : my turtle

manny doodle
12-12-2003, 02:30 PM
My turtle is very strange. He had an ear infection! I have never heard about turtles having ear infections. Tell me if you have heard of this strange accurance.:confused: :confused: :eek:

Karen
12-12-2003, 02:52 PM
That's not a reason to say he's strange! What caused the infection? Did you find out?

amoore
12-12-2003, 09:50 PM
Poor Turtle. :(
How can you tell if they have an ear infection? I have frogs, I wonder if they get anything like that?:confused:

Twisterdog
12-12-2003, 10:18 PM
I have never heard of that, but it makes sense.

Turtles are very prone to eye infections, cause by a vitamin A deficency, as well.

What kind of turtle do you have?

What kind of frogs do you have, amoore?

We have barking tree frogs.

amoore
12-12-2003, 11:06 PM
We had drought here and the ponds dried, so frogs came to our yard, where I was watering. My cats started catching them.

The frogs were so cute. I would rescue every one of them that I could.
I kept 7 of them and released 40 into a lake.
I'm not really sure what kind they are. I just call them Bullfrogs.

Twisterdog
12-12-2003, 11:14 PM
OMG, that is an adorable frog!!

amoore
12-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Do you have pictures of your turtle? I would like to see him.

Sipoweitz is the biggest pet of all the frogs I keep. He comes out of hiding when I enter the greenhouse.

I feed the frogs grasshoppers from the yard (except in winter). They live in my greenhouse, and keep it insect free.

Twisterdog, maybe you could send me one of your treefrogs. I have been wanting one.:D

Twisterdog
12-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Twisterdog, maybe you could send me one of your treefrogs. I have been wanting one.

Well, we only have one, so I think my son might miss him if I mailed him off to you. ;)

But, I'm sure he would be very happy to live in a greenhouse!

amoore
12-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Thank you, Twisterdog. It's the thought that counts.:)

I would not take your son's only frog.

Your son sounds like he would make me a good buddy,we both like frogs!:D

Twisterdog
12-13-2003, 11:56 PM
He's a cute little brownish green frog. If I had a digital camera, I'd take a picture of him, but I don't.

His name is Hippity. :p

We had two, but the other one, Hoppity, died suddenly. :(

http://centralpets.com/pages/critterpages/reptiles/frogs/FRG2496.shtml

amoore
12-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the link, Twister!

Sorry your Hoppity left you. Does Hippity have a green throat like the centralpet picture?

Twisterdog
12-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Actually, they seem to kind of change colors, like chameleons. Maybe based on temperature or humidty? Sometimes he is bright green with brown spots, sometimes he is tan with brown spots, sometimes almost solid green.

amoore
12-15-2003, 07:57 AM
Twisterdog, Hippity sounds so pretty! I wish you could post a picture of him.