PDA

View Full Version : Treat Time

Craftlady
12-12-2003, 11:33 AM
I have to share this short story. While Skinny get's his pumpkin/yogart treat, Butterscotch has to have some kind of treat whether it's a few pounce treats or dab of Tuna. He doesn't want to be left out :)

Today I opened the first soft pouch pkg of Nutro it's the same formula as dry but mixed in gravy. When we bought the dry you could get 3 free pouches. Why not, nice nuturional treat.

Butterscotch got 10 pieces in his dish and he immediately starts licking up the gravy first then eating the chicken bits. Yep, we found a winner for a treat, he loves it. In the meantime, Skinny is done with his treat and goes to investigate Butterscotchs.

Here I am playing ref with both boys. Butterscotch is grawling at Skinny, he isn't sharing. :D So there I am picking up Skinny taking him into the living room and 2 seconds later he is back in kitchen area bugging Butterscotch. Telling Skinny he already had his treat was not washing with him. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Great story!

The same happens at my house every morning. T & P both get canned food after taking their medicine. Tubby always finishes first because he's such a pig and because Peanut is such a finicky eater. She too has to lick all the gravy off before actually eating the food, so by the time she's done licking, Tubby is butting his way in. I have to stand there and tell Tubby no. As long as I'm there he'll back off, but the second I walk away he's immediately got his face in her dish. And she just walks away with a disgusted look on her face. So every morning I have to stand there until she's done - which takes forever, and she's always extra putzy when I'm in a hurry. :rolleyes: ;) :D

CatDad
12-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Love the story.:)

We have kind of the samething. The only reason that Bob gets wet food is because Joey does and he felt left out. He had not interest in wet food when he first came to live with us, and I tried to give it to him.

Once we got Joey I needed to feed her a little extra because she is not overweight. Anyway at that point Bob had to have wet food too.:rolleyes:

However, Joey is the agressive one with the wet food. It is so funny to watch this little kitty half of Bob size pushing him out of the way. I always come to Bob's rescue and save him from Joey.:eek:

amoore
12-13-2003, 10:23 AM
That is a cute story! My kitties are like that! They always want what the other one has!:)