PDA

View Full Version : My rat babies are here! Sooo cute and FAT! Plenty of pictures! :D

luckies4me
12-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Well now I know that two other babies have bruising on their head,
so I'm pretty sure what happened was that the first two babies got
stuck in the birth canal, and these live babies with the bruising
were able to get out, thank goodness!

I cannot explain how happy I am to have big fat amazing
squeelers! :D Honey is an amazing mom, doesn't mind me touching the
babies one bit, and still wants attention from her mommy. Aww, melts
my heart lol. She looks fantastic after having just gave birth to 12
huge babies. Most of my other doe's would always look a bit skinny
after the birth, but she looks completely normal. These babies are
going to be big ones just like momma I am sure. :)

I took a sex count this morning, 3 girls and 7 boys. WOW! So
exciting. They are just big babies. Usually I have no problem
fitting 14 pinkies on my hand for a pic, but I had trouble this time
just sitting these ten! They look so much healthier than any litter
I have had, just so plump and active. It looks like I have three
pink eyed babies, three ruby eyed babies, and four black eyed
babies. I really hope I get another possum boy like daddy. WOW,
these babies are going to be so sweet! Momma is to die for, a real
sweetheart, and I cannot express how much love my heart holds for my
man Thor, the lickiest of the lickiest. :p

OK, can you tell I am excited? He he. I will post photos in just a bit. ;)

Signed,

A very ecstatic new grandmother named Cass :)

12-12-2003, 11:26 AM
great. can't wait to see pics of the babies. post 'em soon. lol

luckies4me
12-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Ok here are some pics. :D

This pic was taken last night as she was giving birth.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pc33a5eb28ac13d4079509ec1295b2cc9/fa518c2a.jpg

And so was this one. :p
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pf620ee8ae37252306de81d3f4d2ef2cb/fa518c2d.jpg

Look at how big this baby is! They are only 15 hours old, and are just so big already. I can't beleive it lol.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pab4d8d7c4a97666785925b73994b7750/fa518c33.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p8505a93a53b0ec8bfd24b77626e08254/fa518c2f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pfd802bdc2cdb1d3dbbca8f421fbef288/fa518c34.jpg

:D

Amber
12-12-2003, 02:31 PM
OMG!! wow! they are just SOO cute!! amazing! I love the last picture, they look like little baby piggies. lol :p

tikeyas_mom
12-12-2003, 04:16 PM
AWWW i am all teary eyed!! :p. they are so cute!! :D:D

stacwase
12-12-2003, 04:58 PM
I just had to check this out and see what rat babies looked like! I've never kept rodents, myself, but we had so many mice on our farm when I was a kid that we'd find the little babies everywhere.

They're adorable! I can't believe she let you put them on your hand like that. Did she act nervous? Are rats loving mothers? How long does it take for them to get fur and open their eyes?

I think you should post pictures every day until they're through the baby stage, so we can see what baby rats look like when they're growing up.

stacwase
12-12-2003, 05:06 PM
I just had to check this out and see what rat babies looked like! I've never kept rodents, myself, but we had so many mice on our farm when I was a kid that we'd find the little babies everywhere.

They're adorable! I can't believe she let you put them on your hand like that. Did she act nervous? Are rats loving mothers? How long does it take for them to get fur and open their eyes?

I think you should post pictures every day until they're through the baby stage, so we can see what baby rats look like when they're growing up.

luckies4me
12-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by stacwase

Nope, she wasn't nervous at all. I always handle my babies since they are newborns, to insure they are the sweetest most tamest babies around. ;) We have a very strong bond, as I do with all my rats, and I never have a problem handling the babies. Although I do have to say that Honey loves me more than other doe's I have had, and she just really loves to spend time with me. Everytime I walk into the room, she's like ..."Mommy!" LOL. Then I take her out and she showers me with kisses. :D

I always post when I have a litter, and if you look back through my posts you will see that I post pics of all my litters growing up. :) So yes, of course I will post pics everyday. ;) I also do this for a page I have on my website, on rat kitten developement.

Yes rats are very loving mothers. Honey is a superb mom, always cleaning and kissing her babies, making sure they are all huddled together so they stay nice and toasty. :p Rats are very social, and enjoy the company of other rats very much. They really do love their kiddo's.

As far as hair and eyes are concerned, in about a week they will have their fur. Right now, it looks like I only have two, maybe three curly haired babies. Their eyes open at two weeks of age. :) I took some more pics and I will post them in a bit.

CathyBogart
12-13-2003, 12:06 AM
Holy cow! Those are HUMONGOUS babies!! O.O

Edit: You expecting any PEW's? ;)

luckies4me
12-13-2003, 10:51 AM
I could very well have some PEW, as I have some pink eyed babies. Look like one black, Russian blue or mink, some American blues, blue fawns, and something else lol. :p I can't believe I only got two rexes!!! :eek:

Kfamr
12-14-2003, 03:02 AM
Cass, You don't even understand how cute I think the little milk bands are. :p

bluekat
12-14-2003, 09:55 AM
omg!!! That last picture is so cute!!! I have never seen new born rats before, they're adorable:D

Dogz
12-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Congratulations! Awwww, look at the little 'pinkies';)

luckies4me
12-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Ok here are some more pics I took yesterday. Imagestation is not working for me so this will have to do. :p

luckies4me
12-14-2003, 01:28 PM
have my boy hammy in my hand lol, here's another.