PDA

View Full Version : Cubby has a problem

cubby31682
12-12-2003, 10:28 AM
He passes gas to much! At least once a week when he is curled up on me his belly up all the sudden you hear this noise. I hear it more and more. I'm not sure if he has been doing this for a long while and I have never noticed or if this is something he has only been doing recently.

The only time I have ever heard him do this is when he is laying on me with his belly up. He still looks around to see who did it.

Should I explain to him that whoever smelt it delt it? My noise doesn't work right. I can only smell very strong odors. Which is sometimes good. Every thing he does during the day is very normal. So I think I just have a male cat that likes to pass gas. It is kinda funny to watch him after he does this. The look on his face is priceless. I will have to try to get a picture next time.

:rolleyes:
Katie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2003, 11:33 AM
Awww, Cubby, you must learn to say excuse me! :D

Tubby has recently started doing this - and yes, even Peanut according to her daddy - but I've started feeding them canned food as a treat in the morning after I give them pills. This has to be the cause because neither one of them has ever gotten canned food from me before, and I've never had this problem before. I know sometimes the food is too rich for Tubby's sensitive tummy.

I would say as long as everything else on him is working fine - no runny poops and such - that he's just fine and is just getting something to eat that's a little too rich for him, but if he's healthy otherwise, and it doesn't bother you, and the look on his face makes you smile...I see no problem at all. :D

cubby31682
12-12-2003, 11:41 AM
He is on new food, which come to think of it might be why he is doing this. He is on a perscription diet. Maybe that could be why. His next vet visit I will make sure to ask and find out.

jenluckenbach
12-12-2003, 03:52 PM
"WHA.......Who did that?!?!?" :p

hee hee

aki
12-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Chuck sometimes farts if you pick him up and squeeze his belly in the process. But then try picking up this giant baby without squeezing anything! LOL

sirrahbed
12-12-2003, 04:15 PM
My Emily is a champ but hers are silent but deadly! I think they are from her cat treats - not sure. No sound but you can sure smell them across the room. Some dainty little princess!!:D

catcrazylady
12-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Too funny! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
I had a cat many years ago that...ummm, tooted very loudly. She scared herself when she did it. She would look behind her and take off running!! I think she always blamed us for it!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

CatDad
12-12-2003, 10:10 PM
If you just started to feed him wet food I bet that is it.

The Bob doesn't eat alot of wet and I don't think that he has every farted, at least that I have heard or smelled. The Joey on the other hand who eats alot more wet food, I catch every now ang again.

When you get word form your vet and think about it let us know.:)

trayi52
12-13-2003, 01:58 AM
Grover has done a few of those herself, gets this look on her face where she kind of opens her mouth and tightens up her nose. Very funny look.:D

catmandu
12-13-2003, 08:30 AM
Moose The Magnificent passes Gas so much , that he should have a pump on his side.And the big fellow can clear a room , PU.

amoore
12-13-2003, 11:31 AM
How funny! Is cubby watching football when this happens?;)

cutie_chica
12-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Patches My Newest Kitty Does The same thing. We Had Her In The Car On Friday To Get Her Used To Riding In It, And Its Been Cold Here In Kentucky, So We Had The Windows Up, And He Um.. "gas" Was Silent, It All Of Sudden Hit Us Like Bomb, For The Whole Time Every 30 Seconds Are So She Would Pass Gas....:eek:
But I Still Love Her!!!

trayi52
12-13-2003, 06:58 PM
Wow, I bet you rode with the windows down. Did any of you ever see the movie "Soggy Bottom U.S.A.???, there was a dog like that in the movie, if you have never watched you should watch it. It is an old movie, but it is so funny. I just can't remember the name of the dog? Ann do you remember? Anyway, they should have changed that dogs name to Exxon, Shell, or Amoco. LOL.:)