PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's official...

jenluckenbach
12-12-2003, 05:28 AM
Another failed foster.................

Yes, I just signed Mickey's (fromerly Chevy) adoption papers.

THAT'S one boy that is NOT going anywhere!!!!!!!!!! :D

Now how many people are NOT surprised???:rolleyes:

cubby31682
12-12-2003, 06:01 AM
:) What a suprise!

Katie

kimlovescats
12-12-2003, 07:00 AM
So now he is YOURS? Nope... not surprised!!! :D

catcrazylady
12-12-2003, 07:35 AM
It happens to the best of us!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif Thats why we have house's full of kitties! I know I couldn't give them up and that is why I admire you all who are able to foster. If I had a bigger house and more money I know I would be in competition with you Jen! No such thing as too many kitties!
:) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

Now your gonna have to update your sig again!! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Steffi N
12-12-2003, 07:39 AM
NO I am NOT surprised. You will give adorable Mickey the best home he could ever have.

bisi.cat
12-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Not surprized...but very glad for the Luckenbachs and Mickey!!!

He has stolen your heart a long time ago...hasn't he!?;)

CatDad
12-12-2003, 08:29 AM
I'm suprised!!!!:eek:

Ok, just kidding, not really suprised.;) Mickey found a great place and knew it.:)

catmandu
12-12-2003, 08:36 AM
The Thing , is Jen , that you accomplished what you set out to do , which was to give hat Kitten , the best home that you possibly could get him, Con Cat Ulations from the Found Cats!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm not surprised because he was already in your signature. You gave yourself away without knowing it. ;) :D

He's the cutie pie that likes to bite potential adoptees, right? Doesn't matter, because he now is in the best home ever.

Welcome Mikey!!!

jazzcat
12-12-2003, 11:06 AM
Once I saw him in your new sig last week I just assumed you'd already done it. Congrats to both you and Mickey.

Killearn Kitties
12-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Excellent news!! He's a gorgeous boy!!

Logan
12-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Well, Jen, I am not surprised!!! :) But what's one more???? I am delighted for that sweet baby boy, and for you too!!!! :)

sirrahved
12-12-2003, 11:27 AM
I know if I tried to foster I'd end up with a houseful of adopted kitties. I'm a bleeding heart, and I don't think I could bear to see them go!

jenluckenbach
12-12-2003, 01:36 PM
He has stolen your heart a long time ago...hasn't he!?
YES.....the instant I layed eyes on him.:D

I'm not surprised because he was already in your signature. You gave yourself away without knowing it
I had added Mickey to my sig. (and my Christmas card) as a "representative" of the clan of fosters. But I was still unsure if I was going to ACTUALLY have them remove him from petfinder and just say MINE,MINE,MINE!!!

I would like to mention that I am still ahead in the foster game.
Bonnie's 4 babies........adopted
Bonnie...............Well, I allowed her to be adopted, but they returned her...so kept
Mittens....................adopted
Timmy and Sweet Annie.........still looking (WILL be adopted)
Chevy .................... kept
5 litter mates................2 adopted (leaving this weekend) and 3 still looking (might find homes this adoption day)

So I have placed more than I kept.:o

carole
12-12-2003, 02:03 PM
HEY Jen You are doing a GREAT JOB, I am thrilled you kept Mickey, he is a beautiful cat, he wasn't silly he knew if he kept biting prospective adoptees, he would get the message through, that this IS MY HOME right here with you and Charlie, SMART CAT.:)

PayItForward
12-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I had added Mickey to my sig. (and my Christmas card) as a "representative" of the clan of fosters.
Mmmm, Right !!! We believe you...thousands wouldn't !!!

So I have placed more than I kept.:o
So far ;)

Seriously, you do such a wonderful job rehoming those kitties. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Wow Jen, it's great that two of the 5 newest have been adopted already. Talk about quick! That's the way to do it because then you don't have a chance to get too attached. ;) :D

Prairie Purrs
12-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Nope, not a surprise. :D Of course, Mickey knew it first--that's why he chased away those folks at the adoption fairs. ;)

trayi52
12-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Well Jen, I am just so shocked! LOL, I am glad you decided to keep Mickey.

Tray:)

Cincy'sMom
12-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Failure? How so? The cats you've kept have all gotten the best home...no where close to a failure!!!

Congrats on your new additionand your successful fostering!!!

catnapper
12-12-2003, 09:15 PM
Conrats! You knew he was yours... they leave their paw print in your heart and stay where they are meant to be.

As for Bonnie's 4 babies... I'm one of the proud adoptors! I love that little boy to pieces and he knows it. I just wish I had the camera at the ready every time he tried to do something very bad, because he's too darn sweet that I forget the bad stuff :) Like tonight, I was eating cheese ravioli and he jumped up on the table, and nice as you please, stole a ravioli off the plate and tried to eat it! That's the boy you raised!!!! Still miss him?

Thank you and keep up the good work. Like I said, they decide their home more so than we hopeles humans. This little guy knew he was going to stay... it was a matter of time before you realized it!;)

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2003, 01:36 AM
Jen, I'm not surprised at all because I also thought that you had already adopted Mickey since he was added to your signature.:) Now he's in his purrfect loving forever home.:)

jenluckenbach
12-13-2003, 04:44 AM
I was eating cheese ravioli and he jumped up on the table, and nice as you please, stole a ravioli off the plate and tried to eat it! That's the boy you raised!!!! Still miss him?

LOL.......HA HA HA

Pam
12-13-2003, 08:24 AM
CATgratulations to you Jen! I think it is wonderful that you are a failure, and just look how nicely he fits into your siggy! Now, let's see, if you *fail* again, you could have two lines of "8 kitties." :p I'm only kidding! LOL! I hope Mickey knows just how lucky he is! :cool: