PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Weebles?

Twisterdog
12-12-2003, 12:07 AM
Ok, I know I'm older than dirt ... but I remember these guys! :D

"Wobbling Weebles make a comeback

Weebles, the toy craze from the 1970s, have been revived just in time for Christmas

The egg-shaped toys with a weighted base were equally famous for their advertising slogan: "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down."

But their popularity finally waned and in 1997 production ceased.

High street chain Marks & Spencer has now given the toy a make-over and is due to relaunch them.

The new Weebles have a wheel on the bottom which allows them to roll along as well as wobble.

Maggi Willis from M&S said: "Weebles have an unusual iconic status and are an absolute classic toy favourite, so it's a real delight that Marks & Spencer has helped save them from wobbling into the shadows of toy land."

Ronnie Dungan, editor of industry publication Toy News, commented: "In an age where svelte, attractive, bejewelled dolly-birds rule the roost, how nice that a bunch of rotund wobble-bottoms with an uncanny sense of balance can stage an exclusive high street comeback."

Four different Weebles, ranging in price from £3 to £20, go on sale through Marks & Spencer's web site today before going into stores in the New Year."

Source: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_844171.html?menu=news.quirkies

LoudLou
12-12-2003, 02:40 AM
Weebles Wobble but they Don't fall down!!! ... I can't believe I can remember the commercial!

lynnestankard
12-12-2003, 04:42 AM
**Weebles wobble but we don't fall down** YES!!! I remember them - Diane used to adore playing with them whenn she was little (she's 31 now!! ) We used to have them all over the floor - I got as much amusement out of them as she did!!

Good old Marks & Spencers - obviously saw the need was still great and brought these little guys back!!

I'm onto their web site very soon - having a look-see!

Lynne

KYS
12-12-2003, 05:24 PM
I'm drawing a blank!!

Cookiebaker
12-12-2003, 05:27 PM
I used to have these when I was little. I loved them!! :o :D

trayi52
12-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Hey I remember that commercial, I even have one of them from that time period, Weebles Wobble but they Don't fall down, Oh I remember is well.

I collect old doll and old toys, love them all.

So they are making a comeback? Wonderful news!!!:)

Tray

amoore
12-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Yes, I like toys Too well! So i have some, I saved from back then.
I'm glad they are making a come back. They were cute.:)