PDA

View Full Version : What is the first thing that you notice about a person?

Tonya
12-11-2003, 11:49 PM
When you meet someone, what is the first thing (physical) that you notice about them? What attracts you?

What triggered this is my husband and I's conversation tonight.

Mike has a total ear fetish. All the time, I'll say a girl's pretty and Mike will go "Yeah, but her ears are hella fat." Or "She's not that pretty, but she's got really cute ears." "...Did you notice that girls ears, they were...." It totally cracks me up. Unless someone has gigantic ears, or they totally stick out, I really don't notice much. Yet Mike notices the thickness, shape, etc...

My thing is teeth. If (back in my single days) you lined up two men. One being totally gorgeous...Tan, buffed, beautiful eyes,(whatever), with bad teeth, opposed to a totally ugly guy with a nice smile, I'd pick the guy with the nice smile. The first thing I normally notice is someone's smile.

The second thing I notice is their shoes. I really feel that you can tell alot about someone just by the shoes they wear. You can tell if they are an athlete, professional, trendy, not-so-vain, broke, big spender, etc...

CathyBogart
12-11-2003, 11:52 PM
Eyes. I'm HUGE on eyes. The day I met my fiancee I swear he melted me with his eyes...

Second thing is always their smile, and how often they use it.

tikeyas_mom
12-11-2003, 11:54 PM
when i first meet a guy i look streight to his eyes lol it is just outo matic lol. it freaks most of them out hahaha...

Tonya
12-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
...Second thing is always their smile, and how often they use it.

Isn't that true!? I love a person who smiles often. I notice that too.

Tonya
12-11-2003, 11:59 PM
Oh, one more...about girls mainly...I notice skin. I guess since I have bad skin, I am really self-conscious. I notice girl's skin right off the bat. It doesn't matter what the rest of her looks like, if her skin is nice, I think she's beautiful.

tikeyas_mom
12-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
Oh, one more...about girls mainly...I notice skin. I guess since I have bad skin, I am really self-conscious. I notice girl's skin right off the bat. It doesn't matter what the rest of her looks like, if her skin is nice, I think she's beautiful.

ong irls i notice hair. weired hey lol.

wolfsoul
12-12-2003, 12:42 AM
Noses. I'm very critical when it comes to noses, because it's rare to find someone with a great nose LOL. My nose sucks, it's too short.

And eyes...I LOVE eyes. I love how they can come in so many different colours. Like mine, they are blue with green around the pupil and white and gray specks throughout the iris.

shais_mom
12-12-2003, 12:47 AM
I am definately an eye, smile/teeth person.
You have to have nice teeth or I am outta there!

Cheshirekatt
12-12-2003, 12:52 AM
Hair first, teeth second and lips third.

The first personality trait I notice is sense of humor. If they have no sense of humor then I'm immediately bored. :)

CountryWolf07
12-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Eyes, then their smile, then THEIR TEETH..

trayi52
12-12-2003, 01:08 AM
Okay, I always look at the eyes, they tell me so much about that person, know the old saying " the eyes are the mirrors unto the soul", I really look at the eyes, I just can't help myself, the eyes and the mouth, can tell a lot about the sincerity of the person to me. I don't really look at the beauty of a person, but those eyes just bring out the beauty of that person.

I know that all sounds dumb, but well I am allowed, I am going to be 51 this month, so let me be a little dumb, call it my second childhood. :D , how do you like my teeth??:D

Tray:)
Oh yes the smile too.

binka_nugget
12-12-2003, 01:13 AM
Smile definately. Who wants to be around a gloomy person? ;)

iceyshiver21
12-12-2003, 07:00 AM
The way somebody walk is how i can tell most people apart from long distences that way..

G.P.girl
12-12-2003, 08:53 AM
i LOVe eyes. i look at everybodys eyes.
and i also look at guys' teeth. like tonya said the guy can be totally hot, but then the bad teeth ruins it all.:rolleyes:

p.s. oh yea, i knew this guy who had teeth so bad and rotten that he could hold his ciggartte in between two of his teeth that wher half rotted away. and he wasn't too ugly either, but the second he opened his mouth---

2kitties
12-12-2003, 09:09 AM
TEETH! I can't get past a busted grill.:D

Karen
12-12-2003, 09:34 AM
Voice, mannerisms, eyes ...

Russian Blue
12-12-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
When you meet someone, what is the first thing (physical) that you notice about them? What attracts you?

Mike has a total ear fetish. All the time, I'll say a girl's pretty and Mike will go "Yeah, but her ears are hella fat."

I've never heard of a person having a ear fetish!! Oh great, now I have to worry about how fat my ears are?? :eek: I thought I just had to worry about my waistline! ;)

The second thing I notice is their shoes. I really feel that you can tell alot about someone just by the shoes they wear. You can tell if they are an athlete, professional, trendy, not-so-vain, broke, big spender, etc...

I hate shoe shopping! That is the ultimate nightmare for me and I do it only when I really have to. I have 4 pairs of shoes and dread the day I have to replace them!

I've never payed attention to shoes, but I do totally notice a person's eyes when I first meet them. You can tell a lot about a person, if they are lying, happy, interested etc. all by subtle movements or shifting of the eyes.

Amber
12-12-2003, 02:27 PM
hair and there eyes :)

Kfamr
12-12-2003, 02:35 PM
First thing I notice, if we're talking appearance-wise is Lips.

I love big lips. ( EX: Nelly's :) )
then, their Eyes.
then, their smile.
then, their hair.

Also, I love someone who has a unique style and a great personality.

Girls don't totally attract to me, but I guess lips is the first thing I notice. (EX: Angelina Jolie)

I just love lips. :)

But, then again, what attracts me to all people is if they have a furry friend. (the living breathing type with 4 legs.):rolleyes: :p

primabella
12-12-2003, 02:37 PM
I notice hair first, all the time. Then usually smiles and as said, how often they use it.

Tonya, I so agree with you about the shoes. I think the same way!

Uabassoon
12-12-2003, 02:42 PM
I know it's kind of weird but the first thing I always notice is what they are wearing. I look to see if they have a sense of style and if so what their style is. I can't date someone if I don't like the way they dress and if I get to know a person and really start to like them, then I plan a shopping trip and teach them how to dress.

anna_66
12-12-2003, 02:51 PM
The very first thing is the eyes.
But then the voice. They have to have a voice I want to listen to or I just can't stand to be around them.

bluekat
12-12-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm the smile and eyes type.
The first thing I thought about when I saw the title of your thread is eyes. I love blue eyes, lol. I love any color eyes except for brown:p
I also like nice smiles, and they have to smile a lot too.

But eyes are the first thing I notice. But they also have to have a great personality too. I know that's not a physical thing, but its really important.
There are a couple of guys that I know who are cute and everything, but has the Worst personality.

stacwase
12-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Physically, eyes and build.

But once I start talking to a person it's their mannerisms that I notice most. Do they look me in the eye? Do they stand close enough? Do they stand too close? Are they touchy-feely?

I've been creeped out by men other women swoon over, and attracted to physically unattractive men, based on their mannerisms.

Oh - and smell! That's a big one. I get really grossed out by men who wear too much cologne, or scents I don't like. I'd rather a man didn't wear cologne. But I just love the smell of soap, shaving cream, and deodorant.

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 05:29 PM
If they are breathing....

Then hair.....
A tiara is a good thing.

Shoes-
But no one wears glass slippers anymore.:confused:

ticosmyham
12-12-2003, 06:55 PM
The first thing I notice in guys, is their hair. I LOVE LONG HAIR!! Other than that, I don't really know!

2kitties
12-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
If they are breathing....

Then hair.....
A tiara is a good thing.

Shoes-
But no one wears glass slippers anymore.:confused:

OMG Richard, that's exactly how I picture you!

wolfsoul
12-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

But, then again, what attracts me to all people is if they have a furry friend. (the living breathing type with 4 legs.):rolleyes: :p
Same here!

I always see guys running around with their dog, or throwing a ball, and I automatically get very emotional. It's unexplainable. I'm like "I want that guy!!!" Lol.

Kfamr
12-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Same here!

I always see guys running around with their dog, or throwing a ball, and I automatically get very emotional. It's unexplainable. I'm like "I want that guy!!!" Lol.

Yeah... That and guys with little kids. I don't care if it's not theirs (i'd actually rather it not be) but the fact that they actually take the time and play with their neice/nephew/cousin/ whatever.. is so cute.
Anyways.:p

KYS
12-12-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm an eye, smile/teeth person too.

Their is nothing more inviting than a warm friendly
smile with nice teeth.:)

Desert Arabian
12-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Eyes, teeth, and smile.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Eyes. I LOVE light blue eyes. A good guy friend of mine has the most gorgeous eyes you've ever seen. :eek: *sigh*

After that, it would be smile, and teeth.

K9karen
12-13-2003, 12:22 AM
Smile, teeth (busted grill? ROTFL!) eyes, hands and nails. But I guess as I matured (yeah, right) I realized that looks aren't everything. Not everyone can have an Extreme Makeover. It's a hard thing to get over, not looking at beauty. Not a day goes by that I don't look in the mirror and find an awful fault. And then I wonder if others see it too. I realized I changed when I met John. Not at all what I'd chose...too short, heavy (to me) balding, but he's the most awesome person I've ever met, with a heart as big as they come. I'm waiting for it to pop out of his chest!