PDA

View Full Version : Is your cat a lap cat?

Kirsten
12-11-2003, 01:52 PM
A while ago, I would have responded with "no", but now it looks like things have changed here. :)

As soon as the cold season has started, Luna comes into my lap when I'm at the computer, lying on my left arm like a baby.

And since Lily had surgery, she also loves to cuddle. It looks like she has finally realized there's somebody else but Luna living in her family. :) Anyway, today, she has suddenly curled up in my lap while I was working at the comp. :)

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Awww...turns out to be a good thing that Luna rejected Lily for a bit so she could learn to snuggle with you. :D

Tubby is most definitely a lap cat and Peanut is most definitely NOT a lap cat. :D

slick
12-11-2003, 02:18 PM
No and No.

Russian Blue
12-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Nakita is sooo picky. She will only be a lap cat with me, when the cold weather arrives and ONLY when I have her soft blanket on my lap! :rolleyes:

I guess my lap alone, isn't good enough for Nakita. :rolleyes:

Yet, she will go on Rob's lap every winter night if he is sitting watching tv in the evenings, even without the soft blanket! But Nakita will only sleep with me at nights, under the covers all year round, so I guess she uses us equally!

You could call us time-share parents! :p

;)

Steffi N
12-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Lovable never comes on my lap when I am sitting. But he WILL come and lie on my legs when I am stretched out on my loveseat.
:)

Edwina's Secretary
12-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Edwina is my lap sitter. I have made Eddie sit on my lap a couple of times but always under protest!

Twink
12-11-2003, 04:50 PM
I had to answer "Occasionally!", partly because that's just a word you don't get to use with an exclamation point very often and partly because I wasn't sure how else to answer! I think Rizzo's more of a "would be if he could be." He's cuddly, but if he tries to sit on a lap, those long legs and huge tail dangle in all directions and it just can't be comfortable. So he mostly just sits right next to us with his back butted up as close to our legs as he can get. Or he curls himself around one of our feet. Or he drapes himself over the couch arm one of us is leaning on. That sort of thing.

He does love to sit on us if we're lying down!

andrea_NMAggie
12-11-2003, 04:54 PM
pookie bear is SUCH a lap cat. :) and a leg nap cat...EVEN a "hmmm...your back looks really comfy when you lay like that" cat. :)and

bluekat
12-11-2003, 05:01 PM
*sighs* I wish:(
Blueberry has only been a lap cat once or twice.:p

aly
12-11-2003, 05:13 PM
I voted that all of them are - although Shiloh is on her own terms only (has to be her idea, hehe). The other 7 are cuddle bugs and would never get off my lap if they had it their way!

Amber
12-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Yup! Maggie is now ---->Very<---- attached to me so now she likes to lay on my lap when ever she gets the chance! :)

CatDad
12-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Bob and Joey are both 50/50 kitties.

Bob will come sit with me, but will sit half on and half off me, about half the time.:)

Joey will sit with me about half the time, she will cuddle up on my lap however.

jazzcat
12-11-2003, 09:35 PM
We are a multicat household and none of them are lap cats. Scout sleeps with me but she won't sit with me. Jazz and Ripley run as soon as I sit down with them in my arms.

Felicia's Mom
12-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Felicia is a lap cat. Beau can be a lap cat, but would rather lay on my shoulder.

tikeyas_mom
12-11-2003, 10:34 PM
my god mothers cats is kinda a lap cat when he wants attention lol. my other cat HATES attention inless he wants food then he will bug you intull you feed him lol.

Tonya
12-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Ron is a lap cat.

Raven likes to lay on my face. She only gets away with this when I am sleeping. Then I have a nightmare that someone is smothering me and wake up in a total panic.

shais_mom
12-12-2003, 12:24 AM
Kylie will sit on my lap if I am sitting in my chair and watching TV, but never when I am on the computer. She likes to snuggle when I am in bed, but it has to be on her terms on all accounts.

trayi52
12-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Grover is a lap kitty, and I love it!! Stubby is sometimes a lap kitty, when he gets in my lap, he just wants to lay there and not have much petting, he does not like belly rubs, he does the scratching, biting, and kicking thing. Ouch! I am glad Grover is my lap baby.

Tray :)

Don Juan's mom
12-12-2003, 09:33 PM
He's a lap FUNGUS! Lap barnacle! Lap glue! :D

Let's see. His favorite sleeping spot: my lap. Where is he when I eat my breakfast: my lap. What does he do when I'm at the computer, trying to send my resume to a potential employer? He hops on my lap and shoves his head under my hands for "cat noogies." What did he do to my laptop when I tried to use it on my lap? He shoved it off and took his accustomed spot, with a singularly triumphant gleam in his eyes. :p

And when I'm knitting, he will sometimes push the needles out of my hands and sit on them. Or, if the knitting is long enough, just sit on it so I can't turn it. :rolleyes:

Bedtime is a whole 'nother story...

Liz (Don Juan's mom and viewing stand)

trayi52
12-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Don Juan's mom, Lap FUNGUS! Lap barnacle! Lap glue! That is so funny, thats the kind of cat I just love. My late Pyewackett was like that, when I was at the computer, she was sitting on my shoulder wrapped around my neck. Oh I miss that!

Tray:)

amoore
12-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Sunny is definitely a lap cat! Even if I'm holding Tiny or Jojo, he will get into my lap!:)

krazyaboutkatz
12-14-2003, 12:32 AM
Storm will sometimes sit on my lap but it's always on his terms. He prefers to cuddle with me in bed.:)

Sunny will sometimes sit in my lap if he's sleepy or needs extra attention but usually he's my wiggly worm and doesn't stay still for very long. :)

Cirrus has never jumped up into my lap. I can't even pick him up yet. He prefers to sit on the floor while I pet him or brush him. I've only had him for 9 months now so maybe he'll change some day. :)

Sky doesn't like sitting on my lap either. He likes me to pick him up and hug him on his terms. I've only had him for 6 months so he may change too.:)

My RB Pepper was my true lap cat. He would sit in my lap most of the day if I'd let him. I miss him so much.:(

lbaker
12-14-2003, 04:14 AM
My RB Sunny was a shoulder cat. I learned how to wash dishes, cook and just about everything one-handed with a HUGE cat draped over my shoulder while I would prop him up with the other hand. Now my Emmitt and Moon are both lap cats. Emmitt always wants to stretch out across my lap especially when I'm just about to leave for work :rolleyes: Jenny's (D-inLaw) momma cat is a velcro cat with her only. BouBou hangs across my sons shoulders and Spook does whatever he wants to whomever he wants :D My dogs are all lap dogs... at least they TRY to fit!

Kirsten
12-14-2003, 05:30 AM
lap FUNGUS

LOL! :D That's too sweet! :)

Kirsten