PDA

View Full Version : Gizmo and new boy caught!

mikey
12-11-2003, 01:43 PM
I caught them!

http://www.rapidmotorsports.com/gizmo-bear.jpg

I knew they were hiding somewhere. We picked up our new fella Tuesday night. He wasn't to stressed but is really timid. He's been growling at Gizmo and our dog a little but it seems that he's over that now...lol.

Little man went to the Vet this morning and he said he was very skinny and most of his wiskers are missing. Boo Hiss to the breeder... That's ok, I've begun to fatten him up :D

Any ideas on a name for this guy?

kimlovescats
12-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm in love!!! Are these Maine Coon kittens or Norwegian Forest Cats? I love them both ... more pictures please!!! So glad they are obviously "buds" now!:D

mikey
12-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Gizmo (lighter color) is a mix we adopted. The other guy (no name yet) is a pure bred Maine Coon.

Mikey

Lallypop11
12-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Awwwwwwwwww! That's funny, I call Lucky "Little Man" too. Your new kitty AND Gizmo are absolutely darling, I bet they are going to be the best of friends. Hmmm, names...........i don't know, Cinder? Gadget (to go with Gizmo), Link.........I'll keep thinking.....enjoy your babies, they are little angels! Keep the pics coming! :D

kimlovescats
12-11-2003, 01:59 PM
How about Gunther? Gizmo and Gunther? hehe

Edwina's Secretary
12-11-2003, 02:20 PM
I like Gadget...or Widget

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2003, 02:22 PM
I kinda like Gadget, but that seems like kind of an odd name for a cat - but it goes so well with Gizmo. I can just hear it now "Where are Gizmo and Gadget? I know they were here a second ago but now I've lost them." Someone overhearing would think just what is this guy looking for anyway? :D :D

They are soooo adorable, and it looks to me like maybe Gizmo was being a good mommy and grooming....Gadget(?). The way she has her paw over him is what makes me think that.

I'm so glad they are starting to get along. Can't wait for more pics of them together. :D

Prairie Purrs
12-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Awwww, look at the cuties! Little fuzzy cuddle buddies! :D

If we're going with a "G" theme, maybe Grisha (pronounced GREE-sha)? It's a Russian nickname for Gregory.

Steffi N
12-11-2003, 02:40 PM
Welcome to your handsome new boy. I am sorry the breeder did not care for him better, but I know that he will thrive with your family. I'm sure that he and Gizmo will be great friends.

CatDad
12-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Awww, what cute little faces they have. They look so great together.

How about Cozmo. It is really close to Gizmo however, and it you want to try to call them by name it may not work, George is always a good name. I also really like Bob.:)

If you do a search on the net there are lots of sites that will help with names.

Umm, more pictures please.:D

mikey
12-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Keep em comin guys! Here's another...

http://www.rapidmotorsports.com/kitties.jpg

I caught Gizmo trying to suckle him. Broke my heart...

BastetsMum
12-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Is LM all clear for FIV And luekemia? He doesn't look very well probably because of his lack of weight. I thought they were from the same litter! I hope that LM and Gizmo become best of friends and that LM gets better soon.

Lallypop11
12-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Gizmo seems like the sweetest little loverboy and is being so friendly to new guy! You are very lucky to have them get along like that. What about the name Tuck?

catnapper
12-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Don't laugh, but how about Rudolph since its close to Christmas. Rudulph had that little red nose.. nameless has missing whiskers. BTW- do whiskers grow back if their missing?

Or how about Kris (Kringle) because he's bringing you joy and love? Ok, I'm a little too Christmassy!

My Nicki is named after St. Nick since she was born 2 days after Christmas (either that or Brownie... which my dad wanted. so her official name is Nicki Brownie... or Nicole Brown and this was AT the time of that Simpson horrible trial.. ok, so I also have a sick sense of humor.)

Since everybody else is giving G names - how about Gonzo?

rg_girlca
12-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Aww what two adorable snuggle kitties you have there. Glad they are getting along. Oh gosh they are so sweet.

I can't think of any G names right now, but I like Kim's pick, Gunther.

Good luck with whatever name you decide on.

mikey
12-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Our new guy was cleared of FIV and FeLV today. He was just not very well fed I guess. We're fixin that up for him. He had a turkey dinner today!

Kristyn
12-11-2003, 05:42 PM
o yes! i love our new kitties! they chase each other and when the coast is clear they sleep with each other.there different m each other but, theyre equally snugglable!:D

moosmom
12-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Mike,

Congratulations on your new addition! I'm sorry about Catales. I talked with my friend who USED to volunteer with them. It seems that they don't return phone calls as promptly as they should. I guess that's why Debi has over 40 cats in her house!! She also told me they had alot of responses to the Maine Coons on Petfinder.com as well. I apologize for their inconsideration.

Anyway, I'm glad you found a mate for Gizmo! Please keep those pictures coming.

jenluckenbach
12-12-2003, 04:56 AM
Those guys are simply too cute.
And for some reason....Merlin seems to be your new guys name! :)

catcrazylady
12-12-2003, 07:51 AM
I'm in LOVE!! How many times can this happen?? http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif
Those are two ADORABLE babies!!! They will be just like brothers since they are starting out so young together! How wonderful. I bet it is a lot of fun at your house watching these two play!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif It's going to be so much fun watching these two grow up!!

I really like the name Gadget. I think it goes so well with Gizmo.

Gizmo and Gadget...Gadget and Gizmo. Kind of catchy!

mikey
12-12-2003, 10:20 AM
How about "Sylvester"?