PDA

View Full Version : *KATIE PICS--Standing Tall*

RobiLee
12-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Hubby was snapping some quick pics of Katie as he was throwing the ball up to her. They aren't the best pics, but I like them. She looks like a big horse. He weighed her last night and she was weighing in at 72 pounds. I told him that ladies do not like to weigh in at evening time because you always weigh in heavier...lol...so he was testing my theory, weighed her again this morning and she weighed in at 70 pounds!!!:D She is growing like crazy!!!! I need to see if he will let me take a pic of him holding her and standing on the scale. Its so funny, because he always weighs himself first and then Katie knows whats coming so she takes off and they play there little runaround game before she lets him pick her up. They are just TOO cute!!!!

Have a great day all....Robin :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p7c83a408f8d3f20c53137434e5704741/fa53ad8e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p500d6e84ae7e7ed0f3f3da664ff7777f/fa53ad91.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p874cbabafbfa0c96c7961bd00d7d975c/fa53ad94.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p3655ad573af123235f045d2f4ed983de/fa53ad96.jpg

amoore
12-11-2003, 10:34 AM
Katie is beautiful! Wow she is a big girl! How big does akitas get?

Thankyou for sharing your photos.:)

Logan
12-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Sweet Katie, your pictures always make my day!!!! :D :D :D What a beautiful girl you are!!!! :)

K9soul
12-11-2003, 10:46 AM
She's so beautiful :)

shais_mom
12-11-2003, 12:08 PM
aawwwww beautiful sweet Katie!!

KYS
12-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Katie is just so beautiful.
I know I have said it a thousand times,
but I never get tired of seeing her pictures.
I think Katie is going to pass up Sheba.

P.S. that's true about the evening/morning scale thing. hehehe

Karen

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-11-2003, 06:53 PM
I don't know why, but Akita's remind me of that poem, Tyger Tyger, Burning Bright.......Anyone every heard of it or do I just sound like some weirdo? hee hee... maybe it's cause they are so big......i don't know...? anyway.....Katie Is A Beautiful Girl! Can't Wait to see more photo's! I love looking at pics. of Katie...they always brighten my day....=):)

primabella
12-11-2003, 07:15 PM
She's beautiful :eek:

RobiLee
12-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by KYS
Katie is just so beautiful.
I know I have said it a thousand times,
but I never get tired of seeing her pictures.
I think Katie is going to pass up Sheba.

P.S. that's true about the evening/morning scale thing. hehehe

Karen

Hi Karen!! Thats so sweet. I feel the same way about your pups and I definitely don't get to see them enough!!! You need to do something about that ;) I don't know if Katie is going to pass up Sheba or not, I'm just hoping she grows up to be as beautiful!!....Because that Sheba is one awesome and stunning looking lady!!!!

Big Hugs to you and the furkids...Robin :D

Christiansmommy
12-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Katie and Dale are the same weight!! This week anyway :) I know about the whole scale weighing thing!! I can't pick him up anymore...but when he sees us weighing ourself...i can just read his mind, "oh no, not again"...my vets office said we can take him there to periodically weigh him. When we pick him up, he kinda moans like "oh brother".

Anyway, She is a beauty! And seems like she has a great personality to match! I just love watching her grow...keep pics coming...and keep us updated on her weight too!! :)

How big do you think she will get?

dukedogsmom
12-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Kaite is a real beauty! I hope to one day pet her fluffy, curly tail :)

tikeyas_mom
12-11-2003, 08:40 PM
great pics!!!

RobiLee
12-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Katie and I would like to say THANKS for all the nice comments.

As for the size of an Akita, the Akita Club of America website says that females can range anywhere from 70-100 pounds, standing 24-26 inches at the withers. A male can weigh anywhere from 100-130 pounds and stand 26-28 inches.

Robyn..you know I love watching Dale grow up too! Especially along with Christian. Need to see more pics, please! My husband and I were talking about if and when we get another dog we would like to get another breed and he said what about that one pup on pet talk that you have been watching grow up with Katie. Girl, did I perk up quick...lol..I said "You mean Dale? The Swissie?....He said, "Yeah, him. I like that pup!". That sure would be something! That would be sometime later on though. We want to make sure Katie is settled and make sure her temperment remains the same. They say akita temperments are known to change and that they can be aggressive with other dogs and animals. Right now Katie's personality is WONDERFUL! She loves everyone and everything! We are doing our best to make sure she stays well socialized and keeps that great personality. Geesh...I'm rambling....lol..sorry!

Val...I hope someday that you get to pet Katie's big fluffy, curly tail too and I can give Duke a big hug and a pat on the head!!

Once again, thanks for all the nice comments!

Have a great day....Robin :)

pitc9
12-12-2003, 07:43 AM
Great action shots!!!

delidog
12-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Wow!!! Katie is Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!
And what Beautiful Coloring!!!!!!
Hugs and an Extra Treat for The Growing Young Girl!!!!!

Christiansmommy
12-12-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by RobiLee

Robyn..you know I love watching Dale grow up too! Especially along with Christian. Need to see more pics, please! My husband and I were talking about if and when we get another dog we would like to get another breed and he said what about that one pup on pet talk that you have been watching grow up with Katie. Girl, did I perk up quick...lol..I said "You mean Dale? The Swissie?....He said, "Yeah, him. I like that pup!". That sure would be something! That would be sometime later on though. We want to make sure Katie is settled and make sure her temperment remains the same. They say akita temperments are known to change and that they can be aggressive with other dogs and animals. Right now Katie's personality is WONDERFUL! She loves everyone and everything! We are doing our best to make sure she stays well socialized and keeps that great personality. Geesh...I'm rambling....lol..sorry!

[/B]

That would be great if you got a Swissie!! If the time ever comes to that...just let me know, and i can help you out with any questions. We plan to get another one in the future...maybe a year or so...

amoore
12-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the info. I have always thought the akitas were very beautiful! I had no ideal, they get so big.

Katie, makes me want a sweetie like her. :)
Give her some scratches, on the back of her neck for me. :)

Cincy'sMom
12-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Gorgeous pictures of the gorgeous Katie!!! Sheis such a sweetheart!!!