PDA

View Full Version : Macho, macho men

catnapper
12-11-2003, 09:42 AM
My husband is a macho man!

Shame that the Village Boys never sang about what effects a cat has on macho men....

Yesterday was a hard day for my husband (a student actually tried to hit him) so he came home and headed straight for a nap. An hour or so later, I walked into the room with Pouncer and of course was telling my young man just how many charms he has. Grant heard me cooing to the cat, so he asked, "If you have Pouncer, then who's behind me?"

I said, "It must be Allen." I looked, no Allen , but a...

"Um, hun, you have a PILLOW pressed up against your back!"

"You mean that I've been tetering on the edge of the bed to avoid rolling onto a pillow?"

"It looks that way."

So much for machismo. I woke up in the middle of the night and found Pouncer so far on the edge that Grant's legs were actually falling off, and once again, he wasn't about to move. At least this time it was actually a cat and not a pillow.

You do realize that he will not be living this down any time soon.

catmandu
12-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Frankly I dont know what he has to live down, I think that compassion , and concern for the small and weak , are what makes a man Macho , not a lot of silly posturing!A Real Man never has to prove it!

CatDad
12-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Frankly I dont know what he has to live down, I think that compassion , and concern for the small and weak , are what makes a man Macho , not a lot of silly posturing!A Real Man never has to prove it!
Yea for Gary.:) Well said, I agree that a showing compassion and concern like that proves that he is real macho man. Please do not read this wrong, I was not offend by your story, or anything even close to that. I just happen to really agree with Gary.:)

Go ahead and tease your husband if you like. It is your right as the spouse.:p:D

Tell him that we think that what he does is cute and see what he says.:)

Edwina's Secretary
12-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Tell Grant he is a macho man in my book too....concerned not only for the comfort of his cats, but his pillows too! :D ;) :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
"You mean that I've been tetering on the edge of the bed to avoid rolling onto a pillow?"

"It looks that way."

:D :D LOL ROTFLMAO :D :D

Ok, ok, so I agree that it's great that he has compassion, but this is just too funny! :D :D

catnapper
12-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Oh no! I love my hubby and the one thing that made me fall in love with him WAS his compassion and ability to care for his kids and animals! Some men don't seem to have the ability to do that (I should know, I dated a good many of the non-compassionate type - I even dumped a guy after he kicked my Nicki.)

I just couldn't help teasing him about the fact that he's always worried about the cats and crushing them when he's sleeping. He is constantly telling me "watch out for the big guy (or little guy)" Last night was just too funny when it wasn't a cat at all - it was a pillow! He also needed a good laugh after the day he had.

My big ol guy is a softie at heart! I wouldn't want him any other way! Grat thing is that he's raising our son to be the same way - at 17, he's just as sweet with the cats (especially Allen - that's his boy) as his dad is. His girlfriend gets a kick out of Allen beggin him for belly rubs during their date on the couch. Awww.

kimlovescats
12-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Awwwwww, what a old softie Daddy is!!!! I LOVE Men who love cats!!!! Gotta hang on to him!!!!:D

Logan
12-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Mine is learning, slowly but surely. :) Of course, it has only been less than a year!!! Your Grant sure won me over!!! :)

CatDad
12-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Kim I know that you were just giving your husband a hard time.:) No need to explain. I just really liked what Gary had to say. So make sure that he does not hurt any pf the pillows.

I think it is great that you husband is instilling a love for animals in your son by way of example. It will serve your son well in life and I think make him a better person.:)

carole
12-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Yep my hubby is a big softie too, a big marshmallow when it comes to the kitties, and yep gary and catdad, that is a REAL MAN!!!!!!!!:)

iloverat
12-11-2003, 10:58 PM
That is so sweet and yes... I could see where that would offer a much needed laugh at the end of that day. {{{HUGS}}}

Nomilynn
12-12-2003, 01:30 AM
aww what a cute story. Nathan is a big softie when it comes to the cats, too. One time Tilly wasn't feeling good, and she just wouldn't eat. She was laying on Nathan's back (he was on his stomach using the laptop) and I put a bowl of food on his head, and she started to eat! So he just laid there, and let her eat off his head :D :D :D

jenluckenbach
12-12-2003, 05:22 AM
Not to make light of the fact that your hubby is a sweet softie, and I love him for it, but................

HA HA HA
ROTFLMAO

A PILLOW.............SNICKER, SNICKER............HEE HEE

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
So he just laid there, and let her eat off his head :D :D :D

And where was the camera!!?!?! That is too funny, and so sweet that he would let her do that. :D

Nomilynn
12-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
And where was the camera!!?!?! That is too funny, and so sweet that he would let her do that. :D

I do have a picture of it somewhere.. hehe :) I will have to find it