View Full Version : new computer danger!!

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 07:28 PM
I almost put my eye out with the keyboard key...

As I was pushing away from the desk and sliding the keyboard under the counter when the Print Screen key popped off and almost took my eye out!!!

That thing HURT!!!!!!

Please be careful.....

And NO this is not a joke!!:eek:

Pam
12-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
the Print Screen key popped off and almost took my eye out!!!

Richard I am sorry but I am sort of chuckling to myself and I really shouldn't because I work for an ophthalmologist and have heard almost everything.

Your comment reminds me of one of Seinfeld's stand-up routines when he was talking about how when we were all growing up everyone's mother always said "you're going to poke your eye out and how many of you have friends who actually did poke their eyes out?" :D

KYS
12-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Ok! I admit, I chuckled to, and now I am feeling guilty.
Glad your eye is fine.

I remember when we were camping a few years
ago, and sitting
around the campfire.
My sister through a whip cream can into the fire.
Well I think you can figure out what happened,
the top of the lid exploded and hit my nephew's
in the corner of his eye, just missing his eye.

We can laugh about it now, under stupid
things we have done, but at the time it
sure wasn't funny.

Pam
12-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Richard I had to re-visit this thread because I was feeling just a bit guilty about my post. There is really no excuse for me, but sometimes it is hard to tell when you are joking and when you are not. I certainly do hope that you are OK and haven't done any damage to your eye. How is your vision?

slick
12-10-2003, 08:41 PM
OK Richard, I just about fell off my chair with laughter when I read this.......sorry......but with all the funny threads you start, what are we to think???

That has actually happened to a number of people at work too. The keys are spring-loaded and really do some damage if they hit the right spot.

Hope you're OK. I'll keep an eye out for you.....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Have to admit I was chuckling too, but like Slick says, how are we to know? Good thing you put the disclaimer on the bottom that this wasn't a joke. :) Hope your eye is ok. :)

gini
12-11-2003, 01:25 AM
Richard, what are you doing wearing an eye patch? Hey look Halloween was a month or so back........and the pirate look was kinda cute then - but.........

How about we trade you for a nice red Santa hat?

I am very glad that your eye is alright - it isn't funny!

LoudLou
12-11-2003, 02:08 AM
Richard, I too hope you are ok.

Maybe Santa will bring you some Saftey Goggles this Christmas. ;)

lbaker
12-11-2003, 07:12 AM
This is scary, my eyes are so bad I sit rather close to the screen & keyboard. Did your finger touch the key while moving the board or did it just pop off by itself? YIKES :eek:

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 11:02 AM
the key caught the bottom of the desk top and flew into the air, quite quickly and ballistically..

If IBM or Dell could make the key fly off into someone's eye when they started to hack or
do something dumb while on line they could make money....

Imagine the shame on walking down the street-people would know what you are up to.:eek:

I am OK......i had my glasses on!

thanks for asking.
:)

lynnestankard
12-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Pam
.......everyone's mother always said "you're going to poke your eye out and how many of you have friends who actually did poke their eyes out?" :D

Oh Richard - I'm so sorry but when I read Pam's comment I was LOL - it's exactly what I'd thought!!

:D :eek: :D

Glad to hear the eye's were quite safe behind the glasses - what were you drinking at the time? :p

Lynne

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
what were you drinking at the time? :p

Lynne

ME???? DRINKING?????

The thought never entered my mind.....;)

trayi52
12-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Well Richard, I just cannot imagine what would make your keyboard attack you!!!

Sorry, but I have this picture in my mind of keyboards pitching thier keys at us and attacking everybody across the world. Nobody is safe. Have we been mistreating our keyboards? ;)

Hope your okay Richard.

Tray:)

slick
12-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Well Richard, I just cannot imagine what would make your keyboard attack you!!!

Unless it was "bored".....:D :D (sorry, just couldn't help it......)

trayi52
12-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Slick, that was just too cute! bored? LOL, I get it!;)

Tray

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Slick, that was just too cute! bored? LOL, I get it!;)

Tray

I start a thread in seriousness and look what it turns into!!
;)

slick
12-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Sorry Richard I know this is a serious issue. Sometimes I just can't help myself.....it just slips out before I know it. Really if it were anyone else but you I wouldn't be making a joke of it. It's just....well.....you bring it out in me (I think it was the visuals that got me laughing). And if it were me, I'd expect people to have something funny to say about it. You've just got to see the humour in things sometimes.

Glad you had your glasses on. I've worn glasses since grade 4 and they've saved my eyes plenty of times.

Twisterdog
12-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
If IBM or Dell could make the key fly off into someone's eye when they started to hack or
do something dumb while on line they could make money....

Imagine the shame on walking down the street-people would know what you are up to

*snort*

Gives a whole new meaning to "The Scarlet Letter".

Glad you're ok.

My son has a scar right by his eye, where his friend whacked him with a metal airplane when they were about three years old. Scary! :eek:

slick
12-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
[BGives a whole new meaning to "The Scarlet Letter".[/B]
**snort** Right back atcha!!!!:D :D :D

CountryWolf07
12-12-2003, 01:00 AM
Wow.. a keyboard can *actually* do that? That's so strange...