View Full Version : :(

PayItForward
12-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Bramble is not well :(
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39632

Any advice welcome.

sirrahbed
12-10-2003, 04:43 PM
:( Sorry but I do not understand even after the other post. What is I/D food? What is her bottom problem? Does she get irritable bowel symptoms? Something like colitis? Would diaper rash ointment help?? I wish I knew more:( :confused:

PayItForward
12-10-2003, 04:57 PM
ID food is bland food for cats with sensitive stomachs.

Her problem is loose stools, very loose.

She has suffered before and had to have her blood tested again to rule out illness.

The vet said feeding her ID food on a daily basis would prevent further problems.

She just makes little bum prints on the floor when she is ill, thank god we have wooden floors. :(

sirrahbed
12-10-2003, 05:02 PM
How about rice and yogurt? This is what we used with our sickest fosters. The yogurt puts back good bacteria they lose and rice is bland and binding. Maybe diaper ointment or zinc oxide on the bum? I would ask the vet about that though. I am a people nurse but that does not help with pets!! Sorry about Bramble!! Hope she will hurry and get over this worrisome trouble. Seems like soemthing that is recurring, eh? But the bloodwork shows no illness such as parasites, etc??

PayItForward
12-10-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm ask the vet about rice and yoguart.

You are right, that is the concern that she has had this three or four times and she is only six months old.

The vets said she might have a bacterial problem ?

We don't mind cleaning after her and she is still putting weight on but when it gets very bad, she just looks so unhappy.

Craftlady
12-10-2003, 05:49 PM
The yogart will help the bacteria problem, plain yogart not fruit flavored stuff. We use non-fat so it doesnt put added weight on. Also, pumpkin pie filing (pure pumpkin) a small spoon full on top of yogart (I call it pumpkin pie treat) 2 times a day. Pumpkin binds and it works :)

I don't know about bottom problems any ointments to use, that I'd check with your vet.

wolfsoul
12-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. :( That's too bad.

What are the ingredients in the food?

Cataholic
12-10-2003, 06:45 PM
PIF,
I posted in the health thread...and I, too, wonder about an intestinal parasite. Is it possible that she has an immature bowel? Has she been treated for Giardia? I don't even know if cats get it...Binx had it for a month. Does Bramble go outside at all? I need to know more, graphically, about the actual thing she does produce. You can pm me, if it is too gross. What about IB? Is she able to access food all the time? Is it an allergy to I/D?

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Prairie Purrs
12-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Poor little sweetie! :( Is there any way you can contact the people who adopted Bramble's mom and siblings to find out whether they've experienced anything similar?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 08:29 PM
As others have mentioned and I mentioned in the other thread, the yogurt might help. I'll see if I can find the other thread....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Here's the link (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38361&highlight=ibd) to the thread where Craftlady talks about Skinny. (sorry I got the names screwed up in the other thread, but at least I knew he was a black kitty. ) :)

Craftlady
12-10-2003, 09:09 PM
:)

One more additional tid bit, feed very good food. No "by product" ingrediants in the formula. Read your labels carefully. We are now on Nutro Natural Choice (weight mangement) any of the Nutro Natural Choices are excellant. We need weight mangement at our house :)

I really think the vet rx stuff made Skinny's potty worse, it had by product ingrediants.

CatDad
12-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Ok I posted in the other thread too. I suggested asking Craftlady, but I see that she has already posted in this thread.

I also put in a link to the thread on the Skinny post too. I guess great minds think alike Debbie.)

I am just way behind.:o Sorry for all of the duplication.

Still praying for a resolution to Brambles issues. Also good thoughts for you, it is never easy when our babies are sick.

Please keep us updated.

iloverat
12-11-2003, 12:35 AM
I'm sorry, Bramble that you are having tummy problems. I hope your mommy and your doctor can get you well very, very soon. Sending loving thoughts and best wishes your way.

bisi.cat
12-11-2003, 01:46 AM
I am so sorry about little Bramble...:(

I would recommend that yogurt, too, mixed with rice and pure chicken...if possible offer her camomille tea for drinking, that might calm the little tummy...

Hope you'll soon find out what will help her!!!
Positive thoughts are on the way...

trayi52
12-11-2003, 01:59 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Bramble isn't feeling so good. I hope she starts feeling better really soon, and you find the problem causing her illness. I wil keep my fingers crossed. Please keep us updated.:)

Tray

IttyBittyKitty
12-11-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by PayItForward
ID food is bland food for cats with sensitive stomachs.

Her problem is loose stools, very loose.

She has suffered before and had to have her blood tested again to rule out illness.

The vet said feeding her ID food on a daily basis would prevent further problems.

She just makes little bum prints on the floor when she is ill, thank god we have wooden floors. :(

Randi has the same problem, he has the most delicate tummy. Pixel isn't much better! I feed both of them the Science Diet food for sensitive tummies (Thanks Jen and Lut!) and it works a treat!

I hope little Bramble gets well soon ... give your Meowmie plenty of cuddles little one.

Lallypop11
12-11-2003, 10:06 AM
I just wanted to say that I hope Bramble gets well soon, I know how painful it is to not see your kitties happy and healthy. I hope that the vet is able to give you the answers you need because I know she gets all the prescribed love and care at home :) Good luck! :D