PDA

View Full Version : Brambles Is ill again :( Bit Graphic

PayItForward
12-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Brambles bottom problem is back :(

I rang the vets Tuesday and they said starve her for 24 hours and then feed her I\D food.

But we have fed all the cats I/D Food for two months (ish) to try and prevent Bramble's problem coming back.

So we starved her and nothing has improved. Yesterday I rolled her over as part of her daily all over grooming and triming of bottom bits if needed.

She has a bald patch, I think it is because she is constantly cleaning her bottom :( It looks so sore.

So Steve took her to the vets today and they have given us a powder to be added to the food and another pill.

We are taking her back on Tuesday, when we take Sandy for part two of his vacs.

If this doesn't work, they'll keep her in for a day of two, to do further tests on her.

My poor baby. She is still her bouncy self and has been doing happy feet on my shoulder as I have been typing this long post.

I just feel so bad for her :(

Please is there anything else we can try with her ?

Uabassoon
12-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Poor baby :( I wish I could offer some adive but all I can do is send some positive vibes your way and hope that she gets better soon.

jenluckenbach
12-10-2003, 06:12 PM
I understand that canned pumpkin helps to make cats more regular (the fiber). I have not personally ever tried this, though.

Does she eat anything other than the i/d? Is it canned or dry? (canned food of ANY kind could give diarrhea)

Other than that, all I can do is send prayers for a proper diagnosis so that the problem can be cured.

Lorraine
12-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Bramble, I hope you are feeling better very soon, I am sending prayers for you.

Cataholic
12-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Can you be WAY more descriptive with Bramble's condition? I need to know as much as you can tell me. Is she D ALL the time? WAY runny? Or, just like yougart consistency? I say this cause Binx had D for nearly one month. NOTHING helped. NOTHING. So, I take him in, as it was much worse, and he had Giardia. An intestinal parasite picked up from ground water. He would not ever have gotten rid of it, no matter how much I switched his diet.

I know stress is a cause of this. What about a small amount of plain youguart? Sour stomach? Will you tell me alot more? I do know cats can have chronic D, but, maybe it is something else.

slick
12-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Poor Bramble. I sure you find a solution soon. More prayers on the way.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 08:13 PM
I don't remember who it is, but I think he's a black kitty - the name Jazz comes to mind but I'm not sure that's right - has IBD and I remember his mom saying she was feeding him plain yogurt too, along with the pumpkin if I remember right. I would try the yogurt - plain unsweetened if you can find it. Can't hurt and it might just help.

Good luck and I hope you can find out what's wrong with the little cutie.

By the way, she must be getting big by now, but there's no way we'd know that since we haven't see pics lately.
;) :D ;)

CatDad
12-10-2003, 09:31 PM
I am sorry, but I don't have any advice that hasn't already been said. However, I do know the person to talk to about this.

The person that Tubby & Peanut's Mom was remembering was Craftlady. Her kitty Skinny had issues like Brambles.

You may want to PM her. She went through alot of things before they hit on something that skinny could eat. She will definately have some ideas on the subject. I hope this helps.

Here is the thread that se posted when Skinny started to show signs that they hit on the correct combinations of food.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38361

Well I will be praying for Bramble and sending good thoughts to all.

Craftlady
12-10-2003, 10:01 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=559546#post559546

Is the thread in "general" I put in before I saw this in health section, which is about food. Please feel free to PM
I would be very happy to share what worked and didn't work :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2003, 11:06 PM
I don't have any advice. I'm so sorry to hear that Bramble is sick again.:( I sure hope that your vet will be able to find out what the problem is and that it's nothing serious. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. Please take care and keep us updated.

Nomilynn
12-11-2003, 02:44 AM
Poor Brambles :( I hope she feels better soon.

Lerah021399
12-11-2003, 05:30 AM
Oh, poor Bramble. Feel better soon sweetie!

ramanth
12-11-2003, 09:18 AM
No advice, but just lots of hugs and hopes that Bramble gets better very soon.

:)

Russian Blue
12-11-2003, 09:32 AM
As others have mentioned, can we have more detail? How often has she had the runs and over what period of time? Has she been tested for intestinal parasites, food allergies, etc.?

Many times the food is the main problem. By products, corn gluten meal, beef and others can cause allergic reactions in some animals.

Poor Brambles!

:(

Miss Meow
12-11-2003, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry that Brambles is ill. How is she feeling today?

kimlovescats
12-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Both Giarrdia and Coccidia are strong possiblities! Has your vet prescribed Albon yet? Good luck!!!

PayItForward
12-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
As others have mentioned, can we have more detail? How often has she had the runs and over what period of time? Has she been tested for intestinal parasites, food allergies, etc.?

Many times the food is the main problem. By products, corn gluten meal, beef and others can cause allergic reactions in some animals.

Poor Brambles!

:(
We bathed her today....She was not impressed and both me & Steve have wounds.

She seems happy in her self (ignoring the bath bit) and is currently sleeping on top of my monitor.

Her bottom is still messy but with her new antibotics it will clear up. We are looking for ideas to KEEP it clear i.e.

I'm going to print out both threads of advice regarding food and take them to the vets to discuss.

I was interested in someone mentioning stress. I had remarked to Steve that her bottom gets bad after we have left her alone overnight or longer.

Thanks for all the kind words/advice and I'll post some nice pictures of Bramble soon.

Killearn Kitties
12-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Aw, poor Bramble; I'm so sorry to read this. I hope the vet has something to suggest on Tuesday.

Cataholic
12-15-2003, 07:15 PM
PIF-
Any update on Brambles?