PDA

View Full Version : brotherly bonding with catnip

sirrahbed
12-10-2003, 09:54 AM
I thought the kitties might have a little "bonding time with catnip - Eliot in his "opium den" and Dylan on the floor:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p1f6b081cdbae1d76fed7fa49d86ce3f6/fa55dc9f.jpg

Pretty stoned and mellow within a few minutes - they are still there!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p5efb22c04941a74fce304feb8a45b2af/fa55dc9c.jpg

Lallypop11
12-10-2003, 09:56 AM
Good idea, bonding with catnip....I bet the boys will be close eventually, I introduced Lucky to Bubby and Priss and the boys are closer than Lucky and Priss. They are just so cute! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Yeah, good idea! I think that's how Sara finally got Eddie and Edwina in the same room for more than a second. :D

They look all comfy and cozy like Dylan has been there forever. :D

sqwelch
12-10-2003, 11:00 AM
That looks like a big fat cuddily belly that Dylan has (no offence meant) My RB Jock had one just like it which I loved to snuggle up to and when he ran it also moved, no sorry swung from side to side !!! Dylan defo is a gorgeous big boy :D

Edwina's Secretary
12-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Ah yes....nothing like a little food, a little drink, a little nip to smooth the course of relationship building!

ramanth
12-10-2003, 11:58 AM
How cute!

:)

catcrazylady
12-10-2003, 12:08 PM
I'm telling you that you've got yourself a Peanut Butter!! He reminds so much of him! I'm so happy for you! :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif I just can't get over how relaxed he is. You would think by looking at the pictures that he had grown up in your house! He just looks totally comfortable. It looks like the introductions are going GREAT too. I'm sure somebody will have to test the waters but I think this is going be pretty smooth sailing. He must belong there!!

How old is he?
How long was he at the shelter?
Were you able to get any of his background?

You probably posted the answers to all these questions somewhere, and if you did then I'm sorry to ask again.

sirrahbed
12-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I'm telling you that you've got yourself a Peanut Butter!! He must belong there!!

How old is he?
How long was he at the shelter?
Were you able to get any of his background?

You probably posted the answers to all these questions somewhere, and if you did then I'm sorry to ask again.

:D He does seem relaxed and happy! I came in the door and there he was - I swooped him up for a hug and kiss and he acted like he expected it!! No complaint whatsoever:D He was born June 2002 so is about 1 1/2 years old. He belonged to a vet tech who works for one of the local vets. Her son developed bad allergies and they rehomed all of their cats. I had gotten a different story first, but this came from the director. Anyway, the woman placed all the other animals, but nobody wanted Dylan because he was..uh...rounded. According to his bloodwork, I am guessing he came to the shelter around 13 November. He has been neutered and declawed, has all his shots and had negative bloodwork for all those things they check for - leukemia, etc. They wormed him with two drugs and gave him Advantage although he had no fleas - they give it to all the shelter animals. They gave me his heath records which were good and complete - I suppose because he went to the place where his owner worked so I feel good about his health. He does seem healthy if not overfed - he does love his food! I have brushed him thoroughly and his skin is clean an healthy - he really likes the brushing and had only a few small mats so apparently he was kept well groomed. I do want to snip his behind to keep it easier to clean though - a little hiney clip :D
Hey! Any pictures to post of Abner?? I do not think I have seen anything but head shots!! I would love to see more of him:)

jenluckenbach
12-10-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm telling you that you've got yourself a Peanut Butter!!
HOW could she resist after those EYES called out to her??????

CatDad
12-10-2003, 11:06 PM
How could anyone not want that beautiful boy. It baffles me.

I think the catnip was a great idea.:)

amoore
12-11-2003, 09:49 AM
They look like they are bonding well.:)

I love Dylans name! I think he is sooo beautiful!

Congratulations on your new baby! I am so glad he has such a nice mommy!:D

catmandu
12-11-2003, 10:05 AM
When my Family owned our House , I was always able to get fresh Cat Nip , that my Dear Mother planted. But now that the house has been sold , they cemented everything over. The Cats miss the fresh Cat Nip.

sirrahbed
12-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
When my Family owned our House , I was always able to get fresh Cat Nip , that my Dear Mother planted. But now that the house has been sold , they cemented everything over. The Cats miss the fresh Cat Nip.

Could you maybe start more from seeds? I keep it growing fresh in my herb garden and it comes back every year but I know it grows well indoors too. Actually, my cats like it fresh but prefer the dried human variety that is sold for tea. Weird huh?

amoore
12-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Catnip can grow from seeds, and it roots easily. I have it growing in my garden too.
I love drying it and making toys out of socks for sunny and Loverboy. I even sew a little bell on the toys I make for them. They love their catnip toys.:)

kimlovescats
12-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Cute pics and good idea! I just love that BIG BOY Dylan!!! Wish I could just dive in to that BELLY FLUB!!!! :D :eek:

sirrahbed
12-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Cute pics and good idea! I just love that BIG BOY Dylan!!! Wish I could just dive in to that BELLY FLUB!!!! :D :eek:

BELLY FLUB???:eek: You mean BELLY FLUFF? Well...it IS rather squishy...:D :D..it also waddles when he runs!

kimlovescats
12-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Well, let's just call it "Flubfur" ... hehehe! Hey, it's ok.... all kitties need a bit of that! ;)