PDA

View Full Version : thirsty too (32)

Pages : [1] 2

lbaker
12-10-2003, 09:43 AM
*gasp* pant, pant *tries to catch breath* Did I beat her? I double dog dared Slick to a race for the bar a few minutes ago ..... ha HA! I win!!! Oh drat, that means I have to start cleaning up I guess. Phooey.

slick
12-10-2003, 09:59 AM
**run run** **pant pant**

Ah Ha!!! You took a shortcut....that's not fair. I see Catland and the gang got a good headstart on the cleaning last week so I'll go tidy up the BR's and mop the floor and bar again.

What the special this morning Laurie???

lbaker
12-10-2003, 10:15 AM
hmmmm, lemme think about it. I was at a meeting in Houston a few years back and had a Sunday brunch where they served eggs benedict but made with crab meat instead of Canadian bacon. I make great poached eggs. Maybe you could supply the Canadian bacon and I'll supply the Chesapeake Bay crab meat and we can offer a choice. Might be a bit heavy for you West Coasters this early so I think I'll fix up some mixed berries and fruit for starters. Oh wait. Did you mean special as in food or drink :o :eek: Suppose I just mix up some Bloodies while we decide. :cool:

catland
12-10-2003, 10:18 AM
*pant* *gasp* - no one told me this was a race today.

no reason why we can't toss some dungeness crab into the mix... and some tillamook cheese. OK, I've done my part.

Now we just need someone to come up with a DOTD and we'll be set. In the meantime we can get started on this pitcher of bloodie's. Slick, did you get all of your stuff out of lost & found from last week?

Vio&Juni
12-10-2003, 10:30 AM
He-he-he, I'm thirsty too :)

I would love a summer drink, winter is not my favorite season, so whatever drink is DOTD, if it's a summer drink, fill in my glass.

One of my friends' wife was diagnosed with colon cancer yesterday, I am still in shock - she's only 39. I'll drink for her to get well.

slick
12-10-2003, 10:39 AM
Special as in "drink" :D :D but I'll take food as well. I'll just run to the butcher and get some real lean Canadian bacon...be right back. In the meantime save a Bloody for me.

Good Morning Catland: I see it didn't take you long to figure out the bar was open. (It's all my fault.....). Crab and cheese sounds good.

YOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO....RICHARD....WHERE ARE YOU........????? Put that axe down and get over here and have a BM. Are you still on vacation???

V&J: so sorry to hear about your friend's wife. Maybe you could start a thread in General section and get all the PT prayers started for a recovery. 39 is too young to be plagued with such a disgusting disease.

Logan
12-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Laurie, I LOVE Eggs Benedict made with crab meat! It is a Charleston specialty!!!! :)

wolfsoul
12-10-2003, 11:04 AM
I just ate breakfast, but I'm a little thirsty. Any recommendations?

lbaker
12-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Logan, I can just picture us sitting at an outside cafe in Charleston having crab eggs benedict while sipping a mimosa at Sunday brunch. V&J, that mimosa sounds rather summery, how about joining us? Also, Slick may be right about posting about your friend in General. Never underestimate the power of PTalkPrayers, just ask my D-inLaw Jenny. Speaking of Slick... boy, she will go to any lengths to get out of BR cleaning duty - bacon shopping indeed (maybe for Kevin Bacon :rolleyes: )

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Mmmm....those eggs benedict sound wonderful! Please, please please pass some this way! (can you tell I'm starving, and it's only 11:25 am here, 'nother 1/2 hour until lunch.)

I'm going to suggest Teguila be added to the DOTD this week. Read on to see why. :D

Tequilla Christmas Cookies

Christmas Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
lemon juice
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups dried fruit
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequilla

Directions:
Sample the Cuervo to check quality Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour 1 level cup and drink. Turn on the electric mixer.....Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 tsp of sugar......Beat again. At this point its best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK , try another cup....just in case

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the boel and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the frigging fruit off the floor...Mix on the turner. If the fried fruit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsistticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check the Jose Cuervo. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somsfink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Finally throw the bowl through the window, finish the Jose Cuervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

Cherry Mistmas!!

lbaker
12-10-2003, 11:36 AM
*jumps up, slams door shut so people wont freak out because Laurie's getting wiggy again* OMG T&P that's priceless :D :D :D

wolfsoul
12-10-2003, 11:37 AM
I've decided on some goooood egg nog. Time to get into the Christmas spirit! Who'll join me?

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by slick

YOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO....RICHARD....WHERE ARE YOU........????? Put that axe down and get over here and have a BM. Are you still on vacation???

V&J: so sorry to hear about your friend's wife. Maybe you could start a thread in General section and get all the PT prayers started for a recovery. 39 is too young to be plagued with such a disgusting disease.

Hey Now!!!!

Hi everyone.....I am back.....:eek:

vacations never last long enough and they do not give you enough.....

Let's start with the BM's and eggs benedict..

Wolf,

Egg nog for you!!

Done...

Just gonna get back into the swing of things here....

It's good to be back.

V&J,

Best wishes to your friend.

Logan
12-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Laurie, when you're ready to join me in Charleston, say the word! I love any excuse to visit that beautiful city (about 3 1/2 hours from here). :)

I'm going to "tell" on my husband a bit here, but this past weekend, my brother was married, and my mother (bless her heart), suggested that her 3 grandchildren spend the night at her house and she wanted the adults in a hotel, so she and my dad paid for rooms for Scott and me, and my sister and her husband. Scott snuck in a bottle of champagne for us, but by the time we had a chance to drink it on Friday night, we were so sleepy!!!! :o He got orange juice on Saturday morning and made Mimosas. I thought that was the sweetest thing!!! :) Of course, I love him dearly anyway, but anytime he does something special like that, I love him even more!!!! :)

Mimosas and Eggs Benedict with crab sound marvelous to me!!! :)

lbaker
12-10-2003, 11:59 AM
As long as you're here Richard can you make the next pitcher of Bloodies? My hands are a mess from picking crabs. Look at this attachment thing. I've seen some similiar ones but especially like this one. (hope it works, I'm not very good at this stuff)

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=0279309843

Someone look in the lost & found for Gini :rolleyes:

amoore
12-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Could I have an Eggnog? Yummy! :D

Richard, we missed you last week!

Lets get the party started!:D

I brought brownies!:D

Hey, where are you Slick?:cool:

robinh
12-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone! Just tell me what to do and I'll help clean up.

T & P - that is soooo funny! I laughed out loud sitting here at my desk. In fact I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. People are looking at me strangely.

I think I'll have an eggnog, too. But add just a touch of brandy to mine. If I going to be festive - I'll be really festive.

catland
12-10-2003, 12:03 PM
T&P - that's great. Good ol' Jose. he was a friend of mine.

WELCOME BACK RICHARD - hope the place isn't in too much disarray. We've got the papers for the puppy - don't worry about lost and found or what happened to the ceiling fan and the knickers.

Time to start a fire in the fireplace?

lbaker
12-10-2003, 12:03 PM
Slick's bringing home the Bacon (or so she says ;) ) Logan, your hubby definately sounds like a "keeper" :D does he have an older brother? That's single? hmmmmm? ;)

wolfsoul
12-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by amoore

I brought brownies!:D

Could I have one? :D Must taste great with egg nog!

Logan
12-10-2003, 12:12 PM
No brother, Laurie, sorry!! :o And I'm hanging on to him for dear life!!! We'll be celebrating our first anniverary on Dec. 21. :) :)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-10-2003, 12:18 PM
We had our first snow of the season last night. Only 8 inches or so but with ice underneath it's enough to make a BIG MESS!
Could I have a hot chocolate with 3 big marshmallows. (sorry, gang, I tried the small ones, they just don't do it for me):D

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Laurie,
great attachment!!

amoore,
one Eggnog.

DONE!

robin,
spiked eggnog!

DONE!

Catland....

thanks for finding the 'lost and found' I had misplaced it:eek:

Yes, a fire is in order.....Lots of wood put up last week!!

DONE!

Gini?

Gini?

Let me go look out back......

can someone check under the pool table?

amoore
12-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Oh yes, These brownies go good with any thing.:D...... Amoore hands a brownie to wolfsoul.:cool:

I'm so glad to see my friends here. :D

Whoops! I just dicovered my frog sipoweitz is in my pocket!:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-10-2003, 12:26 PM
You forgot my hot chocolate!
I am so ignored around here! (pout pout). Guess I'll go watch cars get stuck on the hill outside my window!:eek:

slick
12-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Holy Moly, you guys sure can party!!!! Here's the bacon (and not Kevin.....eeeewwwwww).

Welcome Wolfsoul, nice to see your smiling face here. :) :) Just make sure you check on the brownie ingredients. Sometimes they slip in a surprise :eek:

Hi Richard: "back into the swing of things" **snort** :D :D All that axe swinging has gotten to you.

Logan: what a lucky lady you are. Some of us are still waiting......I'd be asking the same question as Laurie..:D

Laurie: I just love that link. Thanks. As far as the BR's are concerned, this Porcelain Princess won't stand for anything less than spotless....I thought I did a good job :p

Amoore: Good morning - at least it is for me. Where's your husband?? Was last week's dancing too much for him??:D

Robinh: Solution is to close the office door. I've had to do that plenty of times when reading Richard's posts.

Hi MOFF: here's your hot chocolate.

T&P: you sound as if you've made those cookies before
:eek: :eek:
Not me...I'll take Uncle Jack or Cousin Jim anytime.

slick
12-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Gini?

Gini?

Let me go look out back......

can someone check under the pool table?

She's not here Richard. Maybe she took the puppy for a walk. Can I please have a Spanish Coffee???

BTW I'd like to toast Catland for taking over the bar duties last week when you were "otherwise occupied". She did a great job. Thanks Catland.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Speaking of brownies.....did anyone happen to see Frazier last night? Niles was going to rebel for a night. He had it all lined up where Roz would supply him with a "brownie" - you know, one of those yummy "funny" brownies we had here a few weeks ago? Well, somehow their Dad ended up eating the brownie, not knowing it was a "funny" brownie, and he ended up acting really goofy :D Niles, in the meantime, thought he had eaten the "funny" brownie and was acting weird, and the two of them together was hilarious. :D :D

Anyway, if you didn't see it, it's definitely one to watch for in the reruns. :D

So, who mentioned brownies? I'll have one, and a bit of eggnog too please. :D

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
You forgot my hot chocolate!
I am so ignored around here! (pout pout). Guess I'll go watch cars get stuck on the hill outside my window!:eek:

I AM SORRY!

One special Hot Chocolate for MOFF!

With marshmallows, in a Special 'Thursdays'
mug.....

The picture on the mug is a pair of knickers on a ceiling fan...and the motto is..

"Don't over dress, Under wear"....

lolololol,
I still have it.:eek:

slick
12-10-2003, 12:37 PM
The picture on the mug is a pair of knickers on a ceiling fan...and the motto is..

"Don't over dress, Under wear"....

lolololol,
I still have it.:eek:
ROFLMAO!!!!!:D :D Ok, it's time to close my office door now. My co-workers don't ask questions anymore.....

T&P: I saw that last night. Too funny...

momoffuzzyfaces
12-10-2003, 12:40 PM

lolololol,
I still have it.:eek: :D I'm glad. I forgot where I put mine! (sense of humor folks... shame on you all).:eek: :D

slick
12-10-2003, 12:57 PM
:D I'm glad. I forgot where I put mine! (sense of humor folks... shame on you all).:eek: :D
Check the Lost and Found......but take it from me....wear some gloves.

catland
12-10-2003, 01:07 PM

BTW I'd like to toast Catland for taking over the bar duties last week when you were "otherwise occupied". She did a great job. Thanks Catland.

*blush* *stammer* - My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my kitties thank you, but most of all, I thank you.:D

I couldn't have done it without such a great group of people to serve to. I'm still cleaning up from the spilled pitcher of Pointsettias though.:eek: and I'm so staying away from the lost and found. There's a strange smell coming from there.:rolleyes:

amoore
12-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Thanks Richard, Yummy eggnog!

The brownies I make only have pecans in them. :cool: he,heh,he!

I missed that Frazier run! I bet that was funny! I like that show too.:(

Mahayana is still missing his shoes from dancing so much. He is having a hard time getting here in his bare feet.:p

momoffuzzyfaces
12-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Check the Lost and Found......but take it from me....wear some gloves.
Thanks for the tip, but if it's in there I think I'll just leave it. I've heard rumors about THAT place! YUCK! What IS in there?:eek:

robinh
12-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Would love to shut office door, but they don't let me have one. I'm a cubicle sitter - so if I get the giggles, everyone knows! Only execs get doors here.

Brownies? Someone said brownies? Funny or not - I LOVE chocolate. May I have one please? And another egg nog? Thanks!

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by robinh
Would love to shut office door, but they don't let me have one. I'm a cubicle sitter - so if I get the giggles, everyone knows! Only execs get doors here.

Brownies? Someone said brownies? Funny or not - I LOVE chocolate. May I have one please? And another egg nog? Thanks!

Robin,

I thought the world of you before but you let it slip that your fancy gets tickled at work.....in a cubicle, no less....:eek:

A brownie and a nog for you!

DONE!

slick
12-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the tip, but if it's in there I think I'll just leave it. I've heard rumors about THAT place! YUCK! What IS in there?:eek:
Believe me you don't want to know. Last week I ventured in to try to find my socks and just about passed out from the smell. I rummaged around but when I found this "unhealthy-looking" pair of boxer shorts I make a quick exit stage left.

Nice to have you back Richard.;)

zippy-kat
12-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Hit me with anything ya got except for a BM (>has fear of public toliets<) :eek: :rolleyes: ;) ... ESPECIALLY if it will help get me thru finals week!!!

One down, one to go....

(We really need a stressed smilie face added to our list!)

slick
12-10-2003, 01:49 PM
Hi Zippy: take a seat by the fire and rest your weary bones. Have you seen Gini anywhere??? She seems to be AWOL....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 01:56 PM
I rummaged around but when I found this "unhealthy-looking" pair of boxer shorts ....

Eeeewww....did they happen to have moths flying out of them per chance? :p

Zippy, I know how you feel. I'll take one of those stressed smilies too, along with another egg nog. By the way, is this egg nog potent or of the low fat variety from the grocery cooler?

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Eeeewww....did they happen to have moths flying out of them per chance? :p

Zippy, I know how you feel. I'll take one of those stressed smilies too, along with another egg nog. By the way, is this egg nog potent or of the low fat variety from the grocery cooler?

lol
the boxer briefs have the moths in them...

Slick,
nice to be back....
Spanish coffee for you
DONE!

And Catland,
For service above and beyond the call of duty
I award you the Legion of Thursdays.....

A medal and a certificate which entitles you to a drink, an entree, a free game of pool and a ride home on the day you REALLY NEED one!!

Hi Zip,

Eggnog for you!

DONE!

T&P,

Nog for you too!

DONE!

micki76
12-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
(We really need a stressed smilie face added to our list!)

Uh huh.

*wanders in tenatively*

Can I get a good stiff drink? Anything will do, I'm having a hard day today.

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Uh huh.

*wanders in tenatively*

Can I get a good stiff drink? Anything will do, I'm having a hard day today.

Egg nog???
with a twist!!!

DONE!

slick
12-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Sorry you are having a bad day Micki. Richard's Egg Nogs will cheer you up...and if not....here's the joke of the day

A grasshopper walks into a bar and takes a seat. The BT says, "Hey did you know we have a drink here named after you??"

The grasshopper looks up surprised and says "What?? You have a drink named Andy????"

Badda bing, badda boom.:D Ok, Ok, I won't quit my day job...

Miss Meow
12-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Greetings!

Hang on, the only part of the world where it's Thursday right now is MY PART! :D What are you lot doing crowding the bar? It's like the after Christmas sales around here!!!

I only just got go to work, so maybe vodka and Red Bull will charge the batteries a wee bit :)

Vio, I'm sorry about your friend's wife. Will be thinking of her during this awful time.

lbaker
12-10-2003, 02:40 PM
A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks....
"Why the long face?"
I'll even groan at that one :o

micki76
12-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Oh Slick, GROAN! :D

Laurie, double GROAN. :D :D

Great egg nog, Richard. Nice to see so many familiar faces here!

catland
12-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Nog me Richard.

and thanks for the eggs benedict lb and slick, they were wonderful. I especially love your choice of a shiny serving platter - so appropriate for this time of year because....

there's no place like chrome for the hollandaise.

lbaker
12-10-2003, 03:18 PM
TRIPLE GROAN :D :D :D

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Greetings!

I only just got go to work, so maybe vodka and Red Bull will charge the batteries a wee bit :)

lol, I want a job where you work....

DONE!

Catland....

THAT was funny!!!!

NOG, NOG??
Who's there???
DONE!

Slick,

I'll remember that when I see Andy.....

slick
12-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by catland
there's no place like chrome for the hollandaise.
That's bad......really really bad........ :D :D
No more sweet drinks for me Richard. Hit me with a tall, strong BM....Thanks.

wolfsoul
12-10-2003, 03:38 PM
I'm super hungry. Don't have a lunch. I think I need some more holiday spirit; hand me some of those jumbo fudge brownies, will you Richard? Oh, and a refill.

catland
12-10-2003, 03:40 PM
And Catland,
For service above and beyond the call of duty
I award you the Legion of Thursdays.....

A medal and a certificate which entitles you to a drink, an entree, a free game of pool and a ride home on the day you REALLY NEED one!!

It's good to have you back. Wow - a LofT award. I'm speechless (and after that last pun I'm sure all of you are grateful;) )

I'll try to use the ceritficate wisely.:cool:

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I'm super hungry. Don't have a lunch. I think I need some more holiday spirit; hand me some of those jumbo fudge brownies, will you Richard? Oh, and a refill.

Slick,

a bm for you!

DONE!

Wolf,
Nog to you....if you are hungry maybe I can rustle you something up?

wolfsoul
12-10-2003, 03:43 PM

Wolf,
Nog to you....if you are hungry maybe I can rustle you something up?
Got any beef jerky in the back? :D

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Got any beef jerky in the back? :D

No, I keep that under the bar for special patrons.

DONE!

lbaker
12-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Sorry WolfS, I think we fed most of the jerky to the puppy last week :o I think the crab meat is gone too but I bet Slick has some yummy Canadian Bacon left. I'm sure we can whip up something tasty. After all, it isn't truly even Thursday yet (except in Australia). What can you fix up from Australia Ms Meow?

slick
12-10-2003, 04:17 PM
Wolfsoul, how about a toasted bacon and cheese sandwich??? I can add some onion in it you want. You have your choice of cheeses: cheddar, swiss, or monteray jack.

Miss Meow
12-10-2003, 04:22 PM
It's after breakfast here, but I can do an all night menu!

After recent experiences at the vet's where they take sadistic delight in rewarding the pups with dried piggy bits, I don't do dried meat, offal or bones! :D

mahayana
12-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Hey everybody!

Could I please have a tall eggnog with a shot of rum in it, and nutmeg sprinkled on top?

I do love Bloody Mary's, especially made with V8 juice and a squirt of tabasco! But like Zippycat, I wouldn't want one if it was called a BM...something from early childhood?

Good to be here. You all look so festive! Some red, some green!:D

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by mahayana
Hey everybody!

Could I please have a tall eggnog with a shot of rum in it, and nutmeg sprinkled on top?

I do love Bloody Mary's, especially made with V8 juice and a squirt of tabasco! But like Zippycat, I wouldn't want one if it was called a BM...something from early childhood?

Good to be here. You all look so festive! Some red, some green!:D

lol....
Tall nog with a spike in it!

a Mary recipe....
Clamato (the clam/tomato thing that ladies hate)
Horseradish, Mrs. Dash season salt, some worchestire sauce, a squeeze of lime and garnish with a celery, green olives or pickle okra......

A sunday newspaper on the side rounds it out!

:)

slick
12-10-2003, 05:17 PM
WHERE IS GINI?????

wolfsoul
12-10-2003, 05:19 PM
Wolfsoul, how about a toasted bacon and cheese sandwich??? I can add some onion in it you want. You have your choice of cheeses: cheddar, swiss, or monteray jack.
Oooh, sounds yummy! :D No onions please! I think I'll try the monteray Jack, because I don't believe I've ever had it before.

slick
12-10-2003, 05:24 PM
OK, here you go WS. It's hot, it's steamy, and it's ooooozzzzing with cheesie goodness. I added an extra bit of cheddar in with the MJ. Enjoy my friend.

Richard, that BM was absolutely fab!!! May I have another one please, and heavy on the horseradish and tobasco....don't forget, I sleep alone so it's no problem. :D :D

micki76
12-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Slick you have my tummy growling. Could I please get a cheddar/ bacon with onions and fries on the side? :)

slick
12-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Slick you have my tummy growling. Could I please get a cheddar/ bacon with onions and fries on the side? :)
Oh I get it....I'm a short order cook now :D :D

Here you go Micki. I caramelized the onions first before assembling and put just a drop of tobasco for that extra bite. Don't worry it's not too hot.

As Richard would say DONE!

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 05:36 PM

Richard, that BM was absolutely fab!!! May I have another one please, and heavy on the horseradish and tobasco....don't forget, I sleep alone so it's no problem. :D :D

Here ya go!!!

LOL it's only wednesday and look at the 'lurker count'....

DONE!

catland
12-10-2003, 05:39 PM

well, as long as you're offering...

Some nachos sound great.

Has anyone seen the puppy?

micki76
12-10-2003, 05:47 PM

Here you go Micki. I caramelized the onions first before assembling and put just a drop of tobasco for that extra bite. Don't worry it's not too hot.

As Richard would say DONE!

Ooooooo!! YUM! :D

Thank you!

slick
12-10-2003, 05:52 PM
well, as long as you're offering...

Some nachos sound great.

Has anyone seen the puppy?

OK. Nachos with the works.

I might take orders, but I'm not short :D :D Is Gini still out with the puppy??

trayi52
12-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Ann I will take what Jordan is having, sounds great to me. Besides I am lonely, so somebody better talk to me. :(

Tray:D

Miss Meow
12-10-2003, 06:31 PM
OK. Nachos with the works.

I might take orders, but I'm not short :D :D Is Gini still out with the puppy??

Maybe Gini and the puppy had too much eggnog and are crashed under a table somewhere???

In the meantime, a vegeburger with the lot please! :)

Oh, and a drink in the biggest glass you've got. There is a meeting right now about moving my department interstate - great news for Christmas, bah humbug ... :(

slick
12-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Tray: one grilled B & C with onions and fries coming up. Why don't you take a seat over by the fireplace. That's where all the action is.

MM: veggie with the works. Must take an awfully big truck to move a department??

We never did establish a DOTD so how about a BM? The pitcher is still half full and I'm afraid I'm not much of a bartender.

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Maybe Gini and the puppy had too much eggnog and are crashed under a table somewhere???

In the meantime, a vegeburger with the lot please! :)

Oh, and a drink in the biggest glass you've got. There is a meeting right now about moving my department interstate - great news for Christmas, bah humbug ... :(

oh man.....

What's the matter with everyone???

CHILI FRIES!!!!!

Take some french fries, heat them up-grate cheese over them and toss a can of chili over the heap...

Vegeburger and an egg nog for MM....

DONE!

LOL,
Tray what is Jordan having?

Logan
12-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Gini??? Really, where are you???? :confused: worried about you

slick
12-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Tray what is Jordan having?
Jordan was having the grilled bacon and cheese sandwich I made for her...hold the onions.

Chili Cheese Fries....now that sounds like a real man's recipe.;) ;)

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Jordan was having the grilled bacon and cheese sandwich I made for her...hold the onions.

Chili Cheese Fries....now that sounds like a real man's recipe.;) ;)

A real single man....lol!!!!

and you can eat out of the oven dish if you like!

slick
12-10-2003, 07:23 PM
A real single man....lol!!!!

and you can eat out of the oven dish if you like!

And with all those beans, no one cares what you sound like :D :D

And.....

You can lick the bowl....

Sometimes life is good living alone :D :D

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 07:25 PM
And I'll bet you lick the bowl :D :D

Life is good living alone......

HOW DARE YOU!!!

been watching the eating habits of the North American Male on the National Geographic channel???;)

slick
12-10-2003, 07:29 PM
[been watching the eating habits of the North American Male on the National Geographic channel???;)
I don't get the NG channel. I speak from experience here....
Now I'm going home to get my hands on some real serious food....
Not that food is funny....well, you know what I mean

RICHARD
12-10-2003, 07:30 PM
I don't get the NG channel. I speak from experience here....
Now I'm going home to get my hands on some real serious food....
Not that food is funny....well, you know what I mean

oh no.....

good nite, y'all see ya tomorrow!!:eek:

robinh
12-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Just my luck. I make it back to the bar when everyone's gone. I've missed all the good food - not that the brownies weren't good, but woman cannot live by chocolate alone. (OMG I didn't say that, did I?) :(

Have a good day tomorrow. I'll be in class all day, so I won't check in until tomorrow night.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Just my luck. I make it back to the bar when everyone's gone.

I was just thinking the same thing! Drat, I missed out on those yummy bacon and cheese samiches with carmelized onions - sounds yummy!!! And chili cheese fries - more yummy!!!

Oh, well, guess I'll have to go grab a beer out of my own fridge to tide me over until tomrrow. :D

slick
12-10-2003, 11:24 PM
Spotted in a toilet of a London office:
TOILET OUT OF ORDER. PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW

In a Laundromat:
AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT

In a London department store:
BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS

In an office:
WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN

In an office:
AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD

Outside a secondhand shop:
WE EXCHANGE ANYTHING - BICYCLES, WASHING MACHINES, ETC. WHY NOT BRING YOUR WIFE ALONG AND GET A WONDERFUL BARGAIN?

Notice in health food shop window:
CLOSED DUE TO ILLNESS

Spotted in a safari park:
ELEPHANTS PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR

Seen during a conference:
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS CHILDREN AND DOESN'T KNOW IT, THERE IS A DAY CARE ON THE 1ST FLOOR

Notice in a farmer's field:
THE FARMER ALLOWS WALKERS TO CROSS THE FIELD FOR FREE, BUT THE BULL CHARGES.

Message on a leaflet:
IF YOU CANNOT READ, THIS LEAFLET WILL TELL YOU HOW TO GET LESSONS

On a repair shop door:
WE CAN REPAIR ANYTHING. (PLEASE KNOCK HARD ON THE DOOR - THE BELL DOESN'T WORK)

trayi52
12-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Slick, how funny! What happen to this place, where did everybody go??

I think I ran them off. They all decided to go home after I came in. Ump! Well I think I'll just drink the Pina Colada I brought with me.

Tray :D

gini
12-11-2003, 01:18 AM
Thank God someone found me! Now who is the wise guy that rolled the potted poinsettia into the Lost and Found?

I was minding my own business and kinda slumbering under the influence of a poinsettia drink. I wake up and here I am - in the dark corner of the Lost and Found. And I have green tea towels all over me - who did that? Hmm, funny place to put those towels - a matching set huh?

And Catland that funny smell coming from the Lost and Found IS NOT ME!!

Look you guys, I am NOT drinking something called a BM! Can't you just hear people say "did you have a BM today?"

Ohh, and the eggs benedict with crab meat is all gone? Boy does that sound good about now. I am really hungry.

Slick, Slick, where are you? Do you have enough fixings left to make me one of your sandwiches? Those sound really good too.

To drink - gosh, Richard, you make the best drinks. Remember your slushie from July? Could you make one of those? It is perfect because after you have one - you can still say SLUSHIE
and it sounds so normal.

when you go off and do volunteer work for two days straight - it makes you feel good - but it isn't nearly as much fun as spending time at Thursdays - trust me!

slick
12-11-2003, 03:37 AM
GINI!!! You're back......we were getting worried. I checked in the L & F earlier and no one was in there except some weird smelling pair of underwear...you must have been really hiding well under the old stuff.....EEEEWWWWWW

Glad to see you are in one piece and yes of course we missed you. Now as for food, there is lots of Canuck bacon left over so when you say the word I'll make you a sammie.

**yawn** it's getting late so I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Richard gets here tomorrow for one of his slushies. I've not been entrusted with the recipe. Thanks for checking in.

luv

lbaker
12-11-2003, 06:50 AM
Gini & Slick were up so late they may be sleeping in this morning but I'm up & about and can open the bar (haven't lost my keys yet). I happen to LIKE a bloody made with clamato and my special also has horseradish & a toss of worstershire. You can keep the nasty olive & PICKLED OKRA??? ewwww. Yes Gini, crab meat is done (boy, picking enough crabs for this crowd did a number on my hands, that Old Bay seasoning STINGS). Ms Meow, how about if you & I throw some shrimp on the barbie? Still some embers in the fire place... I'll go bring some wood in.

zippy-kat
12-11-2003, 08:13 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz ................................

*hears noise, lifts forehead off keyboard*

huh?

whuh?

OH crap!

Why didn't anyone wake me when I fell asleep? Now, I have 53 hours to complete this term paper and drool all over my new laptop. Ack!

And, um... Gini? Why are you wearing only tea towels and high heels? Laurie & Slick? Matching boas? I never knew you guys were of the reptile persuasion!

Why are you guys laughing and pointing at me???

Ok, Ok... I guess the turkey can sleep in the christmas tree but really! Do both the puppy AND Richard have to use it as a "fire hydrant?"

And lastly, why do I not find any of this odd? :D

sleep is sooo goooodddd....

*tucks laptop under one arm, slips underneath pool table and lays down, completely oblivious to the sharpie artwork adorning her face*

.......zzzzz......

lbaker
12-11-2003, 08:21 AM
Use what as a fire hydrant? The turkey or the tree :eek: Gee Zip, I think the boas are quite chic, besides - they keep the mice away :rolleyes:

slick
12-11-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
Ms Meow, how about if you & I throw some shrimp on the barbie?
This reminds me of the Surreal Gourmet. He fixed some shrimp on the barbie once and had a plate full of BBQ shrimp and a Barbie Doll sitting in the middle with a bowl on her lap containing the dipping sauce. :D

Sleep in??? Not me. I'm ready for an "eye-opener". Bring it on. Someone wake up Zippy again and everybody dance.....

**dances around with boa then falls down**

catland
12-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Eye openers? Well, we can either go with mimosas or some coffee drinks. Nothing like caffeine and alchohol to really confuse your system.;)

GINI - I was wondering if that was you snoring back in L&F but Slick said what I was on a need to know basis and that I didn't need to know.

SLICK - love those signs - too funny. There's a restaurant near here that has a "no smoking" sign, in braille, on the wall near the front door. I don't exactly know how a blind person would discover it unless they just wanted to lean up against the wall.

gini
12-11-2003, 11:05 AM
For some reason you guys have reminded me of a true story that happened to me so many years ago, I shudder to think how long.

A friend's family owned a bar and one of their hostesses became ill and they were seriously short handed - and on a Saturday night. They asked me to help them.

I was afraid I would drop all of the drinks but they promised me they would show me how to serve the drinks.

At the time I was wearing those little spit curls - do any of you remember - you curled them and at night you taped them to your face so they wouldn't get messed up?

This guy was sitting right at the serving station. He took a shine to me and kept touching my spit curl. (Richard, just leave it alone.)

He started writing me little tiny love notes on his cocktail napkin, folding them up and handing them to me. It was too funny.
He had had several drinks and was very happy.

A week or so later I went out to buy shoes - guess who the salesman was - wearing his wedding ring? We both acted as though we had never seen each other in our life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoring? I was snoring! Great, now everyone knows!

Corinna
12-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Golly you guys are really warming up the bar early theses days . I'll take a hot cocoa , Spent all day yesterday making cookies with my daughter 100 dz. 50 for each house hold to give as gifts. No more brownies for me I made to many regular ones yesterday. a plate of scrambled eggs with cheese sounds great. I'm rather proud of my self blood sugar in down I only had ONE cookie during the whole nightmare.
Gini, I woudn't go near the ll& F in this place I've heard noises come from there!
Glad your back Richard,, Maybe put a little peppermint swnapps in that cocoa .

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Golly you guys are really warming up the bar early theses days . I'll take a hot cocoa , Spent all day yesterday making cookies with my daughter 100 dz.

:eek: :eek: :eek: That's one thousand two hundred cookies!!!!

Slick, why are you falling down already? Great signs. :D

Shrimp on the barbie - yuuuummy! I'll take some of those - need some help?

Gini, glad to see you made it out of the L & F. Great story. My cousin and I used to make those curls when we spent the week at my Grandma's house. We'd make them and they'd start drooping so we'd redo them, add some Dippity Do and they'd stay for a little longer and we'd have to redo again and add more Dippity Do. I think in the week we were there we went through my Grandma's entire jar of Dippity Do. :D

Zippy, don't you hate it when you drool on your new laptop? I think they should provide warranty coverage for such things. :D

Oh, I'll have one of those Bloody Marys Richard - not a BM mind you, a Bloody Mary. :D And I'll have you know that Thursdays are now messing with my week. I woke up thinking it was Friday today because the bar opened a day early. :rolleyes:

slick
12-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Corinna: here's your breakfast. Sorry, I don't do drinks.

Gini: LOL that was too funny. Are you here to stay today???Snoring??? I'll never tell.

Zippy: wake up. You're drooling all over your laptop. EEWWWWW!!!:eek: Just make sure the keys stay on.....

Catland: since you are the BT backup, why don't you make some Spanish Coffees to start off the day. Zippy could use one.

And why was I dancing all alone early this morning??? And why are there snakes in the grass??

For answers to these questions and more, stay tuned for more of

"The Vanishing Barstool"

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Robin and T&P- sorry about that.....

Dippity Do!!!!

lolololololol

T&P....one Bloody Mary....
DONE!

Slushies for Slick and Gini!

DONE!

Gini, green tea towels.....should I order some that match your eyes?

About that 'spit curl'...
Can I ask you a personal question????

Did you buy shoes that day?

BM for Laurie!!

DONE!

Zip,

IT WASN'T ME that piddled the tree.....ask the turkey!

You must have been tired....that Gene Simmons-Sharpie makeup is a thing of
art but........I didn't do it!:eek:

Corrine, Hot cocoa and schnapps of the peppermint variety.

Peppermint schnapps is my personal Kryptonite!!:(

gini
12-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Sorry guys - as much as I would love to just hang out in the L & F, I can't today.

This volunteer thing has turned into a volunteer nightmare. I would tell you what I am doing, but it would just bore you to tears. I'll just say that I was head of a fundraiser - the goods were delivered - and there are shortages - and the whole thing is driving me nuts! I know it will get better, but I am not having very much fun right now.

I will be able to check in with you later though...........have fun - save me something to eat!

Ever notice that the food goes fast, but we always have the fixins for drinks? That Richard - keeps a well stocked bar no?

Corinna
12-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Yes I know how many cookies it is. Most were 2" gingerbread men . Clarissa cut out while did the drop and bar cookies.
Thanks for breakfast ,I'll wait for the drink. I guess i can tell you guys we had a little too much fun we ended up making a couple special ginger cookies a half doz. we anatomically correct men and women. these are for our guys. They both thought we must have found a bottle of something in the kitche as it is a bit out of our norm. It was just us being tired and silly I guess!

amoore
12-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Corrina, did you bring some of those cookies? They sound yummy!

Mahayana made fudge last night so I brought some fudge. He makes the best fudge you ever put in your mouth!

Richard, could you make a Spanish coffee for me, They are very good!

Ginni, that was a funny story. I worked as a waitress at a truckstop for about three weeks. The truckers were actually very nice people. I had always heard different.

Catland, You got here early!

Zippycat, My frog Sipoweitz, likes your laptop. He was looking for a puddle.;)

Hey where is everybody else?

Corinna
12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Sure i brought cookies not the specials though sorry richard the ones clarissa made looked a bit like dolly parton. I have to go deliver them now .It's only 18 degrees out I'll need more cocoa when i get back.
You guys might be able to help, Clarissa and I worked at a salsa and hot sauce shop we had a chili fudge it was choc with a warm kick. I'm looking for a recipe as the distributor went out of business . Anyone got such a recipe? I'll check back later tothis afternoon. Please all of you stay out of the L&F I have heard weird noises coming from there. !!!!!!

trayi52
12-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Hey Ann, say Mahayana made fudge again, great I want one too, your always bragging about what good fudge he makes, so let me try one of those.

Maybe you should send me some of that fudge for Christmas, consider it a care package, LOL.:p

Tray

lbaker
12-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Sorry I haven't been much help here today. Thursdays at work are Print Order day. My job on Thursdays is to put the report together to send to the printers showing the breakdown of pages, numbers, ads etc for our weekly journal Science. You remember Science, we're the journal that printed the story & reports on the Colymbosathon fossil (that's Greek for "amazing swimmer with a large penis"). Anyway, there were some computer problems and today has been rough. Speaking of large.... oh nevermind. Print order is finally done so BOY, do I need a drinky poo. Something clear in a martini glass with a candy cane twizzle stick would be excellent. Did someone get those shrimp in time? I don't smell anything burning so someone must have. Let me sit for a minute and I'll get back to work.

amoore
12-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Hey willie here is some of that fudge, It goes good with the Spanish coffee!

Ibaker, large what? :)

slick
12-11-2003, 01:10 PM
And yet once again, work has been interferring with my social life. God, I can hardly wait for retirement. 14 yrs to go. (EWWWW that makes me sound old.....)

Ok, I've got a few minutes so what will it be from the kitchen folks?? We've got come shrimp coming up shortly (short shrimp????:D :D I crack me up....), lots of nachos with or without the works, burgers, fries, grilled cheese, whatever you want, I got it. And please help yourself to the candy canes at the bar.

And for me, I'll have another Spanish Coffee and this time, you have my permission to "tip" the bottle a little more if you like.

That fudge and those cookies look really good, although I don't eat sweets. Fill up guys. It's Thursday, I'm rockin' and there's only 13 more shopping days until Christmas.

HO! HO! HO!

amoore: I wouldn't be asking Laurie questions like that unless you are prepared for the answer.....

catland
12-11-2003, 01:27 PM
I'll take care of your Spanish Coffee Slick - since I tend to make the drinks a bit stronger (does wonders for my tip jar).

mmmm - lunch smells good. Shrimp on the Barbie - great sight gag:D

lb - one candy cane twizzle martini special - done.

amoore - I'm not one for chocolate in the morning but I'll make an exception for that fudge.

Corinna - love the cookies - even if they aren't the "specials". The puppy likes them too.

Now that Gini is gone for the day I've called in the Haz-mat team to see just what the heck is in l&f.

Hi tray - glad you're here - sorry everyone left last night before you arrived.

trayi52
12-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Okay Ann, I will try the Spanish coffee with the fudge, yum!
Thanks! Great!

Tray

trayi52
12-11-2003, 01:33 PM
I never did leave, I was just sitting over here in the corner and everybody thought I was the coat rack and thats why I have all these coats hanging on me. :confused:

Tray;)

slick
12-11-2003, 01:44 PM
OOOps, sorry Tray but when people are coming in I just point to the coat rack that's sitting beside you and I guess people get the wrong idea. I'll just move it to the front door.

OK everyone, there are platters of Barbie Shrimp at the bar. Help yourself and there are 3 kinds of dipping sauce.

Catland, once again you have surpassed the making of a Spanish Coffee. This is purrrrfect.....gee I wonder what my cats do when I'm here at the bar....

Corinna: Chili Fudge??? Sounds like something even I'd like to try. Maybe I'll search the Net for the recipe.

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I never did leave, I was just sitting over here in the corner and everybody thought I was the coat rack and thats why I have all these coats hanging on me. :confused:

Tray;)

See,

Never stop in the middle of the 'hokey-pokey' to figure out the next step.....for some reason we don't have this problem in the summer??

Tray and Slick,
Spanish coffee time two..

DONE!

Miss Meow
12-11-2003, 02:23 PM
... Ms Meow, how about if you & I throw some shrimp on the barbie? Still some embers in the fire place... I'll go bring some wood in.

A bit late, but Barbie is in da house!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/paee67428a4eb00a27bb0549ddead6d00/fc16fdff.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Richard, could you make a Spanich coffee for me, They are very good!

I was trying to read fast since my boss is on his way in (so much for my fun for the day :( ) and at first glance I could have swore you were asking for SPINACH coffee!!! :eek: I thought to myself Eeewww, what in the world is spinach coffee?!!? Then I went back and re-read and saw you really meant Spanish coffee...aaaahhh...makes so much more sense now. ;) :D

I'll have some of those shrimp, and fudge sounds yummy! I don't think this place is a good place to be on a diet.... but what da hey! That's what Thursdays are for! Bring on the shrimp, the burgers, the fudge, some of those 1,200 cookies!!! I'm starving!!!

I think I'll have just a plain ol' beer, Richard. I've always like beer with my shrimp. How 'bout a New Glarus Naked Beer - some of the smoothest best beer I've ever had. :D

slick
12-11-2003, 03:03 PM
How 'bout a New Glarus Naked Beer - some of the smoothest best beer I've ever had. :D
OMG:eek: You have to get naked to drink beer now??? If that's the case, don't go throwing your clothes in the L & F. You've never get them back again and if you do they'll never smell the same!!:eek: :eek:

I went out with a shimp once.....after a few beer he turned into a real crab......

**slaps face** My God, what's gotten into me today????

lbaker
12-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Let me get this straight. The beer is getting naked. The turkey's in the tree. Barbie's in the kitchen. And large penis' are amazing swimmers. Gigi's wearing tea towels and high heels. Tray thinks he's a coat rack. Slick & I dance with boa's. The Zipster is drooling on her computer and someone's frog enjoys it. Where is Richard while all this is going on :eek:

slick
12-11-2003, 03:07 PM
Gigi's wearing tea towels and high heels.
Ah.........don't you mean Gini???? Or have we renamed her?? :D :D

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 03:08 PM

I think I'll have just a plain ol' beer, Richard. I've always like beer with my shrimp. How 'bout a New Glarus Naked Beer - some of the smoothest best beer I've ever had. :D

ahem...

the sign says,

NO shirts, NO shoes, NO service.....

so what makes you think you can drink naked beer in here....

Aw what the heck!!

DONE!!!;)

oh no, here comes the Hazmat crew.....

slick slick slick slick slick.....

You clam up for a while, but when you toss out a funny.....

Hold on I have to talk the H/M people-show them what the problem is!

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Where is Richard while all this is going on :eek:

in the closet.........:eek:

....with the HazMat crew, silly.

slick
12-11-2003, 03:13 PM
slick slick slick slick slick.....You clam up for a while, but when you toss out a funny.....
Yeah, the shimp was no "mussel" man either....

lbaker
12-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Of course I meant Gini. It's just when Richard starts with his Maurice Chevalier accent I get all flustered :o

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Of course I meant Gini. It's just when Richard starts with his Maurice Chevalier accent I get all flustered :o

OH OH OH..

Thank heaven for little girls!!!!:eek:

slick
12-11-2003, 03:19 PM
That's OK Laurie. I just thought I would check. To me Gigi should be a little white fluffy poodle with pink bows in each pig tail....

Oh wait a minute, is that Gini in the Poodle skirt from the L & F?? And what's that in her hair??:eek: :eek:

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 03:23 PM
That's OK Laurie. I just thought I would check. To me Gigi should be a little white fluffy poodle with pink bows in each pig tail....

Oh wait a minute, is that Gini in the Poodle skirt from the L & F?? And what's that in her hair??:eek: :eek:

Thank God it's not that stupid GIGLI/Jlo/Bennifer movie...

If that's the case I'll toss all of you out!!!;)

lololol

O.k. Miss Meow.....that's really funny......

Here I am expecting a tall blonde BARBIE, instead I get the short, squat Weber Kettle Barbie.......

aren't we in rare form today?

slick
12-11-2003, 03:36 PM
What was Ben and Jen's favourite ice cream??

ROCKY ROAD!!!!! :D :D :D

I can't stand myself today.......help me out here, please.....:

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 03:40 PM

a spit curl?

lolololololol...

catland
12-11-2003, 04:03 PM
gee - I'm gone for an hour and all h*** has broken loose. You haven't been dipping into my stash of Pointsettia mixer have you?

MM - love the Barbie - but where is the shrimp?

and why is Slick dating one of the three stooges?

T&P - a Spinach coffee? lolololol

apparently Richard's reputation for serving weak drinks is unfounded.

Cincy'sMom
12-11-2003, 04:04 PM
I hate being so late getting to Thrusday's...I always miss so much!!

I think I'll try one of theose Naked beers if there is any left....

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 04:12 PM

apparently Richard's reputation for serving weak drinks is unfounded.

aha!

I think they meant WEEKLY drinks!

CM,

Nekkid Beer for you!

DONE!

O.k.,

who left the fossil in the Men's room????

slick
12-11-2003, 04:23 PM
O.k., who left the fossil in the Men's room????
:o :o Sorry, I lent it to the 3 Stooges.......

amoore
12-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Richard, that Spinach Coffee will have to be for Mahayana. I really wanted Spanish Coffee!:o

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Richard, that Spinach Coffee will have to be for Mahayana. I really wanted Spanish Coffee!:o

Whew!

I thought I was going have to toss it out!

my question is -- if you put cream in your spinach coffee does it become 'creamed spinach'?;)

One Cafe' Espanol!

DONE!

Dogz
12-11-2003, 05:33 PM
My first post on the thursdays.:)

I think I'll have a hot chocolate. *yummy*

Dogz
12-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Richard told me that I should post a joke, but I am really NOT funny, so I don't think I should.;)

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
Richard told me that I should post a joke, but I am really NOT funny, so I don't think I should.;)

actually,
in here everyone has a talent for being funny.....just wait....

someone will initiate you soon enough...you are on your own afterwards!!!;)

One hot chocolate!

DONE!

slick
12-11-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
Dogz: If you read some of the previous posts here, you'll see that jokes don't have to be good......there have been really bad groners.....

**raises hand** I'm guilty of posting some....

Better tell Richard if you want marshmellows in that hot chocolate. I think he has the regular kind and the minis.

hint: with the minis you can fit more into the cup :)

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 05:50 PM
lol,
thanks slick........

ply the kids with sugar!!!

BEFORE I FORGET!!!

I was watching Wheel of Fortune last night and one of the clues had "EGGS BENEDICT" in it.....

I laughed really loud!

catland
12-11-2003, 06:05 PM
I was watching Wheel of Fortune last night and one of the clues had "EGGS BENEDICT" in it.....

gee- I know the feeling. I ventured out to an "estate sale" on my lunch hour today - and there were all these Barbies:D :D

I'll never look at cobalt blue pyrex quite the same again, or cones, or ceiling fans, probably a dozen other things because of this place.

:eek: :D arrgghh

Corinna
12-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Geez I leave to shop and you all get nuts.
Richard were any of those hazmat guys single and cute?
Tray you really have to be fast on your feet arond here.
Have we turned in to popeye around here creamed spinach coffee? Who ate too many brownies today? I see we have enough food around now , but does all the food from the Barbie have to be PINK? I need another cocoa and snopps. The temp is now 12 degrees and they are predicting more snow. Can't wait till this weekend going to Helena to a hotel with a HOT TUB with hubby. YAHOOOOOO

slick
12-11-2003, 06:10 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ok, the 4 o'clock sleepies has hit me now....I need something to wake me up.

Can I please have a visit from Uncle Jim?? On the rocks please with a twist of lemon. Thanks.

Richard: Wheel of Fortune???? There are better things to watch than that.....for instance Ryan and Trista's Wedding :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (I'm being very sarcastic here as you can tell)

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 06:21 PM

Richard were any of those hazmat guys single and cute?

I didn't mean THAT kind of closet....:eek:

Alas, I can only tell you that Erin Collins is cute, she's my
'flavor of the week'!

cocoa with schnapps!

Done!

Catland,

What do you expect when you have so many things in common with PTers??

Slick,

Jim, with a rocky twist!

DONE!

Is Zippy still passed out under the pool table?

lbaker
12-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Corinna, you want a cocoa & snopps? If that makes you so much fun I want one too! Wanna hear a "blonde joke"? LAURIE hehe This is sooo weird... I was just w/ son at our "local". It's a Chinese restaurant with a funky local people bar in the back.. we are looking at our list from Jenny and it says "cat food, lemon squeezy, butter & Tylonal PM" I said "we have butter, HEY Albert (that's the Chinese bartender) do you have a lemon?) He does and goes to the kitchen to get me one. I say "HEY Albert, you have any cat food? We start laughing so hard we are getting "the look". Then Albert comes out with a can of Friskies. So all we need is the Tylonal & I have some at HOME! We didn't have to stop on the way home. OK, stupid story but it was reallly fun at the time. Guess you had to be there :rolleyes:

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 06:24 PM
we are looking at our list from Jenny and it says "cat food, lemon squeezy, butter & Tylonal PM"

Scary thing is I think I know what a "lemon squeezy" is..

Is it one of those fake lemons????:eek:

Cocoa and Schnapps

Done!

catland
12-11-2003, 06:25 PM
RICHARD - YOU BETTER LOCATE THE DESIGNATED DRIVER. ITS TIME FOR LB TO GO HOME

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 06:26 PM

Push Zippy over and grab a table cloth from the closet....
I don't want her to wake up mad because we sent her home.

she'll be fine:)

slick
12-11-2003, 06:29 PM
I can't do it......my head is falling into this Jim glass........
I've laughed so hard today that cheeks hurt.....(don't go there Richard!!) I think I'll just slide down under the pool table with Zippy. Ahhh, that's better........I can use her head has a pillow........**snore**

Who is Erin Collins???

babolaypo65
12-11-2003, 06:31 PM
oh gosh slick dont encourage him on the Erin collins thing!!! ;) :p

babolaypo65
12-11-2003, 06:33 PM
OKAY! I taught my LAST class of the semester today!!!! I want a drink!!!!

next week is finals, then a month "off" woohooo!:D :D :D

slick
12-11-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
oh gosh slick dont encourage him on the Erin collins thing!!! ;) :p
Why not?? Is she some game show fluffball??

lbaker
12-11-2003, 06:34 PM
OH great, Gini gets tea towels but I need a table cloth :mad: WELL, I NEVER (well, occasionally) :rolleyes:

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 06:35 PM
lolololol...
It's HEIDI COLLINS.......

stupid me!!!

http://www.gogomag.com/cgi-bin/tvheads_viewer.pl?tvheads2419&2419&Heidi

what can I get you, babo?

lbaker
12-11-2003, 06:37 PM
well who the double hocky sticks is that Erin collins?

OH, her (double posting here)

slick
12-11-2003, 06:39 PM
lolololol..It's HEIDI COLLINS.......stupid me!!!
So you get all "giggly" over a TV personality and you can't even remember her name????;) ;)
It's got to be a man thing.......screaming out the wrong name when it counts.......

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 06:39 PM
well who the double hocky sticks is that Erin collins?

OH, her (double posting here)

no no no no no.......

Babo got me all flustered and I meant to say HEIDI Collins....

At this point Tom Collins looks good!

slick
12-11-2003, 06:42 PM
no no no no no.......

Babo got me all flustered and I meant to say HEIDI Collins....

At this point Tom Collins looks good!

How come you are all red in the face Richard????

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 06:43 PM
So you get all "giggly" over a TV personality and you can't even remember her name????;) ;)
It's got to be a man thing.......screaming out the wrong name when it counts.......

Why do you think they invented the word SWEETIE!

It is a giggly- not a GIGLI- kinda man thing.........Let Ben Lo have all the headaches......

For the last time!!!

It's HEIDI and I'm sticking to it!!!!

i think......
:rolleyes:

mahayana
12-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Could I have one more cup of spinach coffee?

It's delicious the way Richard fixes it with mountain grown leaf.

That ad with Juan Valdez's donkey loaded with spinach is so cute!

No creme, thanks! I take mine green!:rolleyes:

Miss Meow
12-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Wow, I read this entire page, and did not understand one post!!! I must be the only sober one here, ba ha ha ha ha!!!! :D

gini
12-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Hey, I am back! Spent the day picking up stuff, delivering stuff.....I am so filled with good works I want to vomit!! I spent about a half hour in Cedar Sinai Hospital parking lot - waiting for someone to come and get boxes out of my car. EVERYONE wanted my parking space and I kept saying NO, I AM NOT LEAVING, NO I AM NOT LEAVING! No one believed me. I finally just got out of my car and started walking around the parking lot so they would leave me alone.

AND I RETURN AND WHAT THE HECK........How did I get this poodle skirt on - and oh, no, what have you done to my hair? It has dippety doo doo all over it and I have spit curls......spit curls with pink bows tied to them. Why oh Why would you do this to me?
And on top of that - I am only gone for half a day and you guys have forgotten my name? Gigi it is now huh?

Well, that does it - I NEED A DRINK. Spinach Coffee?
Geeze, are we down to that?

Hey Dogz - say anything - anything at all - doesn't matter if it is funny - at a certain point in the day at the bar we will laugh and laugh at just about anything! See how we laughed over Laurie and her butter, lemon squeeze ( what nationality is that?) and cat food with butter.

Ooops this is too long - just give me one of those beautiful drinks in the martini glass with the candy cane in it. So yummy with that peppermint! Absolutely perfect.

Hey and Richard - way back about 30 posts - new towels for me? I didn't think you could buy road map towels (that match my eyes).

After my drink, I have to leave - but I will be here in the morning to help clean up. Please someone look out for our Zippy - we don't want her to sleep through her deadline!

Tray1, if you would put your arms down then people wouldn't put their coats all over you:D

Bye...........

babolaypo65
12-11-2003, 06:47 PM
lolololol...
It's HEIDI COLLINS.......

stupid me!!!

http://www.gogomag.com/cgi-bin/tvheads_viewer.pl?tvheads2419&2419&Heidi

what can I get you, babo?

It's supposed to snow tonight.... how about a hot apple pie (tuaca, cider and whipped cream....)

heidi, erin.... what EVER!!!!:D and HOWWWW did I get you flustered, when YOU called her ERIN before I posted??? :D

lizbud
12-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Wow, I read this entire page, and did not understand one post!!! I must be the only sober one here, ba ha ha ha ha!!!! :D

Amen to that...:D

Bye the bye, Gini, you are one funny lady.:) Great writer.:)

lbaker
12-11-2003, 06:57 PM
what the heck is tuaca? Can I have some? nevermind, RATS! I have to get to work even earlier than usual tomorrow. DRAT, that mean 6:30. Good night all. This is a goood one. Welcome newcomers, get used to it.. mwahhahahah if you dare :eek:

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by mahayana
Could I have one more cup of spinach coffee?

It's delicious the way Richard fixes it with mountain grown leaf.

That ad with Juan Valdez's donkey loaded with spinach is so cute!

No creme, thanks! I take mine green!:rolleyes:

LOLOLOLOL

you sure can!!!

DONE!

For the longest time I was getting mail addressed to Juan Valdez, the television/coffee mascot from Colombia with the donkey....

I couldn't figure it out until one day I remembered that I was registering for a web site and didn't want to use my real name.....

So I enlisted the help of Senor Valdez and voila'.

Junk Mail that I can toss.......Until my mom asked me about getting the neighbor's mail......"Where does Juan Valdez live?,
Did he just move into the neighborhood???"
:rolleyes:

MM,

we lost it somewhere back on page two.....I think Maurice Chevalier is to blame..

Gini,

Done!.....

You know better than to point out something like spit curls to me!!

:eek:

Babo,

as long as the name has equal or more vowels than consonants.....or is foreign, or is different, or is a woman's name....

Hot apple pie and cider!

DONE!

slick
12-11-2003, 06:58 PM
and I'm sticking to it!!!!
Yeah Yeah! That's what the paper said to the duct tape!!!!

Gini: OMG I thought it was you that was wearing the poodle skirt.....oh no it was Zippy all along and she's slept through the whole thing. I'll try and get her up and clean off the laptop. EWWWWW, there's gunk all over it.

babolaypo65
12-11-2003, 06:59 PM
what the heck is tuaca? Can I have some? nevermind, RATS! I have to get to work even earlier than usual tomorrow. DRAT, that mean 6:30. Good night all. This is a goood one. Welcome newcomers, get used to it.. mwahhahahah if you dare :eek:

tuaca. mmmmm, it's a mexican liquer (sp). You can get it most places. Put it in hot cider with whipped cream and it tastes JUST like hot apple pie...mmmmmmmmm

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
It's supposed to snow tonight.... how about a hot apple pie (tuaca, cider and whipped cream....)

heidi, erin.... what EVER!!!!:D and HOWWWW did I get you flustered, when YOU called her ERIN before I posted??? :D

I really dislike you when you catch me in a lie.
:p

and you stumped me in the drink order so know I have lost face
with all the patrons-

You know what that means???

Let's go write on zippy......

Good night Laurie!

lbaker
12-11-2003, 07:13 PM
RICHARD, sorry - I'm still here. Lose your FACE? Don't ever do that.. how could you talk any more :confused:

slick
12-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Let's go write on zippy......
OK. I've got the felt pen. Should we start with a mustache??? Maybe we can give her a tattoo or two???
I thought you were going to bed Laurie??? Addicted, aren't we??? Just one more post......just one more post.......I'll go to bed soon after this last post....:D

lbaker
12-11-2003, 07:19 PM
yeah right, GOT YA LAST.... and ten times more than you ALWAYS........ (my brother & I always say that)

amoore
12-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Slick, wait let me get sipoweitz off of zippycats laptop. He liked the puddle.

Tray, where you at?:)

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Well we are just going to have to construct some apartments in the back for the 'sleepovers'...

I am leaving now...Liz and Miss Meow....

After some perusing the madness will make sense.....

I think!

Good night John Boy, Good Night HEIDI!!!

lololololol

Tomorrow, everyone!

lbaker
12-11-2003, 07:28 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snore

robinh
12-11-2003, 07:51 PM
It looks like I missed a great party! :( Hate being the only sober one at the party - it's a drag. I was out of the office all day at a class.

Oh well, there's always next week - unless you're all going to carry this Thursday over until the next one. On vacation tomorrow, so in between running Kirby to the groomer and shopping (YUK!!) I'll check in. Don't get too far ahead of me.

Corinna
12-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Ibaker - I donot want to eat at that chinese place ,if he had friskies in the kitchen WHY?????
You all are making me laugh too much.

slick
12-11-2003, 07:58 PM
See, now that's the problem being on the West Coast. It's only 6pm here so I can party for a few more hours but you have all gone to bed.......but then again, you get an earlier start.....

Oh well, I think I'll sweep the floor and lock up for the night. Sorry I just missed you Robin.

zippy-kat
12-11-2003, 08:01 PM
G'mornin' or g'night, oh so evil ones!! Do I DARE look in the mirror...why do I feel like I've suddenly acquired more tattoos? Well, as long as they're cute! :cool:

So yeah... only ten more pages on the final to go! Slowly but surely!

HEY LAURIE or SLICK!!! One of the boas ate my mouse, I had to use a frog! :rolleyes: :D

Anyone left in here? Anyone wanna share a pot o' decaf Starbucks houseblend?

robinh
12-11-2003, 08:05 PM
You look lovely, Zippy. Don't worry about the SMALL marks on your face.

Those boas can definitely get you in trouble. You have to watch them every minute.

Haven't had anything intoxicating to drink since yesterday, but I'll share a cup with you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2003, 08:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Slick. It's only 8:00 here and that's waaaayyy too early to end a Thursday!

I've got a nekkid picture - nooooo, not me, the beer sillies! :D So for those who are a little sensitive and don't like nekkid things, please look away for a second.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/pd30ba18bbacd7454ef5d8e7bfd5168e4/fa52d6bb.jpg

It's really the best beer, and here is why they call it nekkid.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p2a8fbfedf06dd31c73ef7d417ffedf33/fa52d6b9.jpg

Small brewery in New Glarus, WI that Terry and I stumbled on.

So anyway, whew! What an afternoon! You guys all had so much fun after I had to step out for a bit. I see Zippy woke up...and we got a few newbies...hang in there guys, you have to read from the very beginning for it to make any sense, and even then it's tough sometimes.

Slick, want some help cleaning up?

Why don't the pics show up in here? Can we not show pics in the Dog House? I think I tried this one time before and it didn't work......oh well, just click and hopefully the links will work.....I think I'll have another beer while I'm helping clean up, want one Slick?

amoore
12-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Zippy, did you find sipoweitz? He likes your laptop. He has been with you all day!:D

I love your new tattoes, one looks like sipoweitz!:D

Wow T&P, thats totally nekkid!

trayi52
12-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey Ann, see that pile of coats with a hand sticking out, that me, I just can't get out from under all these coats, they are sooo heavy, I started out with my arms up because somebody said haze mat was here, and then I just got mistook for a coat rack and the weight of these coats, finally caused me to crumble, and thats my hand sticking out wanting another Spanish Coffee.

Hey brother-in-law, don't drink that spinach coffee, its greeeennn, ewwweee!!!!!

Now come get these coats off me, so I can at least stand up.

Don't anybody think even think of sitting on the coats! Please!!!!!

Tray;)

robinh
12-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Last I heard the spanish coffee had turned to spinach coffee. Of course some of these guys have been having waaaaay too much fun without us.

Here let me take some of those coats.

slick
12-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Whoa........what's happening here. I close down the Dog House and actually do some work for a change, and come back to find you people here.

Anybody left???? Hellllooooo???

OMG, I'm listening to the radio and guess what song comes on.....The Streak........:D :D :D

Nikked beer, why not. I'll just help myself.

trayi52
12-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Thanks for getting those coats off of me ,robinh. I was getting hot under there, I need somthing cold to drink, anybody got a suggestion?

NO! I do not want Spinach coffee, eweeee, Mahayana, quit trying to make me drink that stuff, I want some of that stuff you and Ann drinks, the stuff mixed with rum, and it better not be green. ;)

Corinna
12-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Some of us on the west coast don't start as early as you east coasters, so we also stay later. We do help clean up with you, hand me the mop. Some one PLEASE get that case of spinach out of here , give it to the rabbits running loose in the back yard. Quick some one shut the door on the L&F some things trying to get out. It's like the invatsion of the body snatchers. Help!!!!!

amoore
12-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Hey willie what are you doing with Sipoweitz on your head? He is smiling.

Hey slick, you given it up this early?

Dogz
12-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Richard- There were mini marshmellows in there right?;) No, seriously, I am really not funny, lololol.:p

trayi52
12-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Ann, did you say I had Sipoweitz on my head??? Well would you please get him off of my head before he puddles on my head???

I took a picture, does anybody see a frog on my head???

Willie

slick
12-11-2003, 11:16 PM
OK, to show you how addicted I am, I got home from work an hour ago, fed the kids, watched Survivor and now I'm at the bar before I've even had my supper :eek: I really need to get a life.

Dogz: hang around here and fill up with mini marshmellows and you'll dole out jokes like you've never heard before...:D :D

Tray: Don't frogs need to be kissed before they turn into a pansome hince (handsome prince)??:D Would you really want a prince standing on your head???

Corinna: Thanks for helping to clean up, but don't do too good of a job. The gang will be back tomorrow. The real cleanup job comes Saturday.

Amoore: sorry I missed you. If you're still around check in.

T&P: Thanks for the "bare" facts on the beer.

OK, all of those who are here, the bartenders' away and I vote that the drinks are on the house!!! Now someone find me a ladder....:D :D

Dogz
12-11-2003, 11:23 PM
lol, I better get some more marshmellows.:p :p

trayi52
12-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Just don't any of you people even attempt to kiss the frog on my head, I do not, and I repeat I do not want a handsome prince or an ugly prince standing on my head. So don't come any closer until Ann comes and gets this frog off my head!

ANN!!WHERE ARE YOU, COME AND GET YOUR FROG, NOW!!!!!

Tray

slick
12-11-2003, 11:38 PM
Dogz: another hot chocolate??? I think I know how make those.

Tray: Kissing a frog?? I think it's a bunch of bull...get it???? Bull Frog???? :D :D

How about a shooter to see the night in:

Frog Stomper

Ingredients:

1/2 oz. Tequila
1/2 oz. Apple Pucker

gini
12-12-2003, 12:41 AM

I haven't even read the rest of the posts and this made me laugh out loud so hard that I am coughing..................

o.k. read the rest of them.................

gini
12-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Hey, I am home.......and I checked in.........what a mess! Haz mat found the source of the smell..........oh, you don't even want to know................

But let's all agree that absolutely no more spinach should be allowed to enter this bar!

Erin, Heidie, man, I wish Richard would make up his mind........but so many women - how do you choose?

Tray, thank God you put your arms down.......all of those coats were just about to kill you........now go back to the bar and sit quietly on one of the stools and keep your arms to your sides........

Miss Meow, I am still laughing, hey, as Robin Williams would say "catch up".................

It has been a very long day.......and a great evening.......so I am finally off to bed.........and will check in on Friday and yeah, I will promise to clean up...............Lord, we are a messy group.

and are we ever funny!

gini
12-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Almost forgot, Tuaca is Italian. It is an Italian milk liquor, and when I first tasted it, I thought I had died and gone to heaven........

I have a whole bottle that I will bring to the bar tomorrow.

that is after I get the dippety doo stuff off of my hair.

trayi52
12-12-2003, 01:16 AM
Sure Slick let me have it, I still have this frog on my head and gini told me sit at the bar with my hands down, do you think she noticed the frog on my head??

Put a straw in the drink so I don't have to move my arms, up, Okay?

Psst, what is haz mat? I forgot! Has anybody seen Grover, I could have sworn I brought her with me, maybe she is still under the coats? Here kitty, kitty kitty, now where did I put my Grover?

Tray:confused:

gini
12-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Oh Grover, quit eating the spinach......that is so gross. Look, your Mom is looking for you......so behave!

trayi52
12-12-2003, 01:31 AM
Oh no, Grover is eating that Spinach crap, yuk!!! Scat her away from that, tell her to come over here and help me with this frog.

Now Grover you cannot eat the frog, it belongs to Ann, and for some odd reason she really loves that frog.

Maybe it is a prince, ummmmm. Oh well maybe she will come get her frog in the morning.

Tray:)

trayi52
12-12-2003, 02:25 AM
Sure Slick let me have it, I still have this frog on my head and gini told me sit at the bar with my hands down, do you think she noticed the frog on my head??

Put a straw in the drink so I don't have to move my arms, up, Okay?

Psst, what is haz mat? I forgot! Has anybody seen Grover, I could have sworn I brought her with me, maybe she is still under the coats? Here kitty, kitty kitty, now where did I put my Grover?

Tray:confused:

lbaker
12-12-2003, 06:42 AM
HI HO HI HO, IT'S OFF TO WORK I GOOOO Now let's see, I think we need to establish some ground rules here... first of all - when you leave Dicks Place (aka Thursdays) TAKE YOUR DANG CRITTERS WITH YOU :eek: I walk in this morning and the turkey, the rabbits... wiiiiiith spinach all over their whiskers... some silly puddle jumping frog and a lost looking cat (with crossed eyes) ..... all of them drunk and doing the hokey pokey. Now I ask you, is this any way to run a respectible joint :confused: :rolleyes: sheesh, where oh where to start. hmmmm maybe with some hair of the dog as it were. Speaking of which, where is that puppy? I sure hope Richard or Gini didn't lose it. NO I don't want a nekkid beer. Maybe some strong coffee with a splash of Kahlua.... yes indeedy do, works for me.

Dogz
12-12-2003, 07:18 AM
Hmmmm, maybe I should bring a critter next Thursday...:p

amoore
12-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Thanks Willie for taking care of Sipoweitz. :) Your a good sister.
Get back in my pocket Sipoweitz. You can hang out with aunt Willie next thursday.

Slick,I keep missing you, where you at? Gini?
Anybody? Gee, thats the last time I slip catnip in the brownies!

Mahayana, I don't know how spinach makes you dance all night like that!

Oh , hi Ibaker, Ill have what your having.

Dogz, did you have a joke to tell us?:D

lbaker
12-12-2003, 08:09 AM
I can explain about the Friskies in the kitchen of the Chinese restaurant... Albert (the bartender) said a stray kitten found it's way into the restaurant during a delivery. Then it hide and they couldn't get it out. Albert went to the store for the Friskies to try to lure it out, then he was going to call me to come "do something" with it. Before they could catch it, it ran out the door not to be seen again. By the way, guy walks into a bar and says rather frantically "gimme 7 shots right away". Bartender procedes to set them up and the guy downs them one by one real fast. Bartender says "why are you in such a hurry?" Guy says "you would be too if you had what I have". BT says (while he backs away) "what do you HAVE??". Guy says "75 cents"... buhduhBUM :rolleyes:

amoore
12-12-2003, 08:23 AM
Ibaker, that was funny! LOL!:D

slick
12-12-2003, 09:03 AM
**yawn** Suuuppppp!!!
It's just coming up to 7am here and you guys are already partying like jack rabbits!!!! Don't worry about Grover, Tray. I think she's taken a shining to the puppy. Awwww, look at them cuddling by fire. Ain't love grand:D Oh yes, and Tray, haz-mat is the Hazardous Material guys.

And it really must be too early because I don't get Laurie's joke yet. I'll have to wake up a bit and read it again before leaving for work.

Gee this bar is a mess. As soon as I do a bit of a cleanup I'll put on the coffee.

**yawn** or maybe I'll go back to bed....did I really sleep in the back room last night??? Richard will kill me.

catland
12-12-2003, 10:36 AM
OK - who left the back door open all night? Do you have any idea what it costs to heat this place?

Time to clean up - after a bloody caeser of course. lb - your opening sentence of " I can explain about the Friskies in the kitchen of the Chinese restaurant... " is great comedy. :D

Gee - those haz-mat guys sure were cute - but even they couldn't figure out what was in the l&f. I don't know if the crime scene tape is theirs or if its Gini's (Gigi? Gigli? Ginger? MaryAnne's) idea of a joke.

gini
12-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Hi, Gigi, Ginger, Georgia here.........finally! I'll help clean up like I said I would. How DO we make such a mess?

I think the L & F is alright now.......the Haz Mat guys (yeah, they are cute) found the problem.

Would you believe that Phred has wandered over here - I didn't see him did you? Well he put some of that Klam Juice back there, thinking we would never know. Because it wasn't refrigerated it popped the top right off of the bottle and was oozing all over the floor underneath someone's knickers. Yuck it was green and kinda glistening.

Let's see - 7 shots - 75 cents - can of Friskies and a Chinaman - it makes my heart pound trying to put it all together and understand.

Coffee please - just plain ol coffee for me (gotta get to work and help clean up).

Corinna
12-12-2003, 10:54 AM
I'm laughing so hard i'm crying. It's hard to type with tears. If any normal people read these posts they would have us all committed.
Thank you for explaining the friskies I think! I have to figure out whats wrong with my new hot water tank, getting just a tad bit of hot water it's only about 6 months old. Talk about cheap Home depot says that Ge probly won't do any thing as it most likly cuz I have sedament in my water. Then why did I pay for a 6 year warrenty?
Give me one of those poinsetta things if any left. (please) I have to call and argue with these jerks.

catland
12-12-2003, 11:00 AM
grrrr - don't you love dealing with warranties. One pointsettia for you Corrina - just don't share it with the frog.

Ginger - one plain coffee for you.;)

We're going to have to do something about that Phred. Although he is a great practical joker. He must have been hiding under the coats once we freed Tray. That's why the coats were still moving and snickering - I thought it was the nekkid beer going to my head.

Corinna
12-12-2003, 11:06 AM
OMG not phred and the infamous klam juice!!!!! I thought we buried that stuff long a go.

lbaker
12-12-2003, 11:12 AM
I bet Phred sent the Klam Juz over with Lamont Cranston... THAT'S why we never saw him :eek: :eek: QUICK, a poinsetta for me... without the frog please.

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 11:24 AM
lololol...

and to think this was a respectable place once upon a time.....;)

I am bringing a Santa Claus in next week so that will bring us back to a semi sane level........

Bring your pets......THIS SHOULD BE ONE OF THE BEST THURSDAY'S
YET!

I need a coffee and I don't drink coffee!!!

DONE!

Thanks Catland, for taking over.....

We may have to get an evening bartender!

slick
12-12-2003, 11:40 AM
OK Gini, if you are Ginger then I guess I can be Maryann. But who's Gilligan and the Skipper?? And I thought this was just a 3 hour bar. How come we are all stuck here?

Catland: I didn't see any cute haz-mat guys. And you did and didn't come and get me right away?? What were you thinking? And where did all these frogs come from???

And why am I asking all these questions so early in the morning?

Never mind. Just give me something tall and strong...preferrably with 2 legs, but I guess I'll take a drink instead. :D

Do we all get to sit on Santa's knee next week???;)

And one more thing Richard: only 33 more posts to go and you get the big 3000!!!!

Russian Blue
12-12-2003, 11:51 AM
After reading this thread I can't believe I've never ventured here before!!! :D

* waves at slick *

If slick is going to sit on santa's lap, I get to take pics...for future blackmail *ahem* I mean album submissions...

Considering this is my first time here, what shall I have...hmmmm....how about something Russian?

Might as well stick with a theme.

** pushes Nakita towards the other furry creatures ** Go make friends Nakita, mom's busy.

;)

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
After reading this thread I can't believe I've never ventured here before!!! :D

* waves at slick *

If slick is going to sit on santa's lap, I get to take pics...for future blackmail *ahem* I mean album submissions...

Considering this is my first time here, what shall I have...hmmmm....how about something Russian?

Might as well stick with a theme.

;)

*strains of Dr. Zhivago in the background*

THEME!!!! get it????:rolleyes:

Welcome to Thursday's.....

Where the humor is low brow, the patrons high brow and the motto is 'don't over dress, under wear....'

How's about a white or black Russian?:)

pssst, Once the door closes behind you you'll never be the same.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
** pushes Nakita towards the other furry creatures ** Go make friends Nakita, mom's busy.

Now that's the right attitude! Usual custom is for newcomers to tell a joke, so bring it on RB. :D

Slick, when the haz mat guys were here, we were afraid to come get you because we heard you were partaking of something nekkid and we didn't want to either a)interrupt b)embarrass you c)have things get out of hand with the haz mat guys. I mean, who knows what they would do with something nekkid after being under the influence of the dreaded klam juiz! :eek: :eek:

Oh, and I finally get why all you guys are partaking of martinis with candy canes. Thanks Richard! and even though it's afternoon already here, I think I need a Spanish coffee to get me going......

catland
12-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Welcome to Thursday's RB. NAKITA! You are even more stunning in person (or in feline). Just don't lick the frog.

I'll get the Stoly out of the freezer. T&P - thanks for explaining things to Slick - I was afraid that she wouldn't believe me... ever since the incident.

One Spinach coffee - done.
:)

Corinna
12-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Welcome Russian Blue ! Glad to have you here you will never be the same or be able to read the regular posts as you did before.
Did the haz mat guys ok using the L&F room again? or do we still use caution.
Do we have a unique place for that klam juz?
We'll I guess it's good I'm leaving for the weekend, the plumber can't come till Monday to fix the tank. Thank goodness Tim got a hotel with a hot tub and pool. I guess I'll be going to neighbors later to use her shower.

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 12:35 PM

Did the haz mat guys ok using the L&F room again? or do we still use caution.
Do we have a unique place for that klam juz?

the L&F room is once again usable...they hung one of those little
pine tree-car air-fresheners in there....that was all that was needed!

Klam Juz on tap?????:confused:

gini
12-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Russian Blue - welcome.........did the door close behind you? It is all over for you now!!

You will find that we are all committed here:D

(Richard, you can run with this one)

Hey, Slick, the Haz Mat guys are still here. I thought that they had left........come on - let's go chat with them.;)

Russian Blue
12-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Usual custom is for newcomers to tell a joke, so bring it on RB. :D

You ask too much of me - I have to drink and think at the same time?? :eek:

Richard, give me a Black Russian! Thanks! Wow, that's a great drink! I think I'll have to come back here! ;)

An old man, a boy and a donkey were going to town. The boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked.

As they went along, they passed some people who remarked it was a shame the old man was walking and the boy was riding. The man and boy thought maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions.

Later, they passed some people who remarked, "What a shame, he makes that little boy walk." They then decided they both would walk.

Soon, they passed some people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent donkey to ride. So they both rode the donkey.

Later, they passed some people who shamed them by saying how awful to put such a load on a poor donkey. The boy and man said they were probably right, so they decided to carry the donkey.

As they crossed a bridge, they lost their grip on the animal and it fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story?

If you try to please everyone, you might as well kiss your a** goodbye.

:p

Pssst...Nakita, don't go near those furry creatures...they just look furry cause their drunk! :rolleyes: I meant the one's that look like you!

Sorry to cut my intro short guys, but I'm off to run errands (that's IF I can get this door to open *tug, pull *. Hope I make it back in my condition! Wish me luck!

:D

lbaker
12-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Well howdy RBlue... "you can enter any time you want but..... you can never leave" scary thought isn't it ;) Oh, Catland, do you mean THE incident :eek: Poor Slick giggle giggle

slick
12-12-2003, 12:45 PM
**stands up on chair and waves**

Hey Kass and Natika, I'm over here........come on an havv....

**thump-falls off chair***

Help!!! I've fallen and can't get up!!!

Oh excuse me, Mr. Very Cute Haz-Mat Guy, can you give me a hand here please????

:) :) :)

catland
12-12-2003, 12:45 PM
re: the incident - sshhhh - she doesn't like to be reminded of it.

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by gini

You will find that we are all committed here:D

(Richard, you can run with this one)

And me, afraid of commitment........:eek:

Corinna
12-12-2003, 12:56 PM
Well like RB I have to leave (if I can) I need to use the neighbors shower (maybe the haz mat guy should test mePHEWWWW no hot water for two days) then iI have to finish a fleece I'm spinning for a designer. See ya all next week.

lbaker
12-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Let's ALL give Slick a hand.. clapclapclapclap
A hotel room with a hot tub & your hubby Corinna? Now that's my idea of roughing it ;)

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Let's ALL give Slick a hand.. clapclapclapclap

Here come the scores......

5.9, 5.8, 5.8, 5.9, 5.9 ohmy, there's a perfect 6.0......5.9...

The Canadian takes the lead!!!

zippy-kat
12-12-2003, 01:25 PM
WAIT!!! STOP!!!! HOLD UP!!!!!!

I have an announcement!!!!!!!!!!

Ready?

IT'S SNOWING!

Nevermind that it's not sticking ---this calls for a special drink -- it never snows here!

:D

slick
12-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Damn this work.......keeps getting in my way. I gotta go for awhile. Catch you all later.

Oh Mr. Haz-Mat guy....are you coming?????

Why of course I'm a perfect score....;) ;) Anybody can see that.

later.

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 01:29 PM
howzabout a...

Snowshoe

Equal parts of; Peppermint Schnapps & Brandy

Hand swirl in a Snifter
-------------

I really have to be careful because schnapps makes my spine curl........

DONE!

lbaker
12-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Perfect time for one of Richard's SLUSHIES. I must say it sounds strange to hear someone get excited about snow. I just thought of something - I bet Piper and K'Cee have never even SEEN snow! Pictures puleeeese :cool: By the way, that picture of Piper with his candy cane ears is just too too funny :D
Is a spine curl anything like a spit curl Richard?? Try dippity doo :p

zippy-kat
12-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Then, here's some more for you Laurie!

Piper's Holiday Pictures (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=39744)

gini
12-12-2003, 01:45 PM
Phew, and here I was worrying about Zippy and she is outside playing in the snow. Wouldn't you know!!

What is really nuts is that this evening we are going to The Grove, a mall close-by my home. They have a snow machine and on Friday nights they turn it on and let it snow all over the town square (in the center of the area).

We are all excited to see it snowing...............only in California!

Russian Blue - that was a good one.........initiation is over --- you are an official member of Thursdays and in high standing. Is the door stuck?:D :D

Richard, you don't have to make a commitment - just show up!

2kitties
12-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Is there any snowcream here? Mom used to make us snowcream in the winter.
Fresh fallen snow
vanilla extract
whole milk
sugar.
mmmmmmm

amoore
12-12-2003, 02:07 PM
2kitties, I wouid like some of that snow cream too. My momuse to make that too. Yummy!

Zippy Kat, I seen that cute little Piper all dressed for christmas! Cute little bunny! :)

catland
12-12-2003, 02:59 PM
I love the Piper pics - much better than pancakes on a bunny.

ok - true confession time. I bought a Christmas CD a week or so ago (I'm a sucker for Christmas CD's) - anyway, one of the songs is a duet with Tom Jones singing "Baby it's cold outside" - I actually like it.

I guess this really means I'm middle-aged now. If you had said to me 20 years ago that someday I'd like Tom Jones, I would have just laughed at you. (maybe this explains the unmentionables in the rafters here)

Slick - is it my imagination or does one of those Haz-mat guys remind you of Keanu Reeves?

Richard - I'll have a snowshoe if you're still serving.

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 03:00 PM

ok - true confession time. I bought a Christmas CD a week or so ago (I'm a sucker for Christmas CD's) - anyway, one of the songs is a duet with Tom Jones singing "Baby it's cold outside" - I actually like it.

Richard - I'll have a snowshoe if you're still serving.

It's not unusual.....

DONE!

gini
12-12-2003, 03:04 PM
It's not unusual.....

lololo...I actually sang this sentence and could "hear" Tom Jones.

lbaker
12-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Boy Richard you are good. Maurice Chevalier, Tom Jones.... who else do you "do"? Cary Grant?? mmmmmmm One of my favorite voices (yeah, I'm weird) is Sam Elliott :o

amoore
12-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Richard, I would like a Sam Elliott, opps, I mean an apricot brandy, if you have some.:p

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 04:34 PM
JUDY, JUDY, JUDY, JUDY!!

Laurie and Amoore...

Did you see Sam Elliot in "We Were Soldiers"???

Sans 'stache it took me about a while to figure out who he was...

He was great........

"Gentleman, prepare to defend yourselves...."

Apricot brandy.....DONE!

p.s...

One of these days I'll do my John Wayne for you!!

amoore
12-12-2003, 05:07 PM
I can just hear you Richard- "Talk low. Talk slow. Don't say much."

slick
12-12-2003, 05:26 PM
OK, I've only got a minute here....work is hell today and I don't even have time to read the other posts here.

I need a good strong drink to get me through the rest of the afternoon. I'll take anything.

Does anyone here give good massages????

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 05:33 PM
OK, I've only got a minute here....work is hell today and I don't even have time to read the other posts here.

I need a good strong drink to get me through the rest of the afternoon. I'll take anything.

Does anyone here give good massages????

lol,

Those guys from the Haz mat crew are in the back room.....

ask them!!!!

I rub people the wrong way.....

A gin and tonic, maybe???

DONE!

trayi52
12-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Wow, the frog is gone, where did it go??? Where is Grover? She was here somewhere. By the way, are you saying I wasn't alone under all those coats?? Wow!!

I think I need something really strong to drink, somebody recommend something, I need it badly.

Ann, did you come and get your frog, or did Grover eat it? Yuk!!;)

I hope you got your frog!!!:p

Tray:)

slick
12-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the G & T Richard, I'll have another one but please make it stronger this time. Thanks.

Worker rant:
Someone give me a sledgehammer......I'm out to get people today......

LOL Those Haz Mat guys are looking better all the time. Another drink and that guy with carpenter pants will look like Chuck Norris....oh God here I go.....fantasizing on the job again!!

Ooops, what's that frog doing on my lap???? If I kiss it will it turn into something tall and strong??

amoore
12-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Hey Willie, Grover is in the lost and found, trying to find you.

When I drink enough and kiss him, Sipoweitz turns into that guy on NYPD Blue. ( Andy Sipoweitz):) He is no Sam Elliott, but he's cute!:D

trayi52
12-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Slick, you got the frog! Well that is good, I was afraid Grover got hungry for frog.

I done told you people to not kiss the frog, Ann keeps it in her greenhouse for some reason. ;)

Where is that drink I have been begging for???:p Can't you see I want a drink!!!???

Something strong, please, Thanks. :)

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Gin and tonics for the house!!!

am heading home now......

Thanks to everyone who helped clean house, the Haz Mat team,
the animal wranglers, Wrangler Jeans, Jean Genie, the Genie in the bottle, the bottle brush, brush it off, Off insect repellant and
Finally all the people who took the time this week....

remember Santa will make his inaugural appearance next week...

behave everyone.....

robinh
12-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Sam Elliott? Did I hear someone offering a Sam Elliott? I'll definitely take one of those!

Sounds like the party has continued today. I took Kirby to the groomers and them went shopping (joy of joys - I really love shopping) until it was time to pick him up. Then I came home and all of us took a nap - now that is my favorite way to kill an afternoon. I'm rested and thirsty - give me something really strong.

I haven't dug out my Christmas music. Trying to hold off as long as I can.

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Sam Elliott? Did I hear someone offering a Sam Elliott? I'll definitely take one of those!

Sounds like the party has continued today. I took Kirby to the groomers and them went shopping (joy of joys - I really love shopping) until it was time to pick him up. Then I came home and all of us took a nap - now that is my favorite way to kill an afternoon. I'm rested and thirsty - give me something really strong.

I haven't dug out my Christmas music. Trying to hold off as long as I can.

gin and tonic is all i have the heart for!!!!

done!