PDA

View Full Version : Just call me Mrs. Elevator

Sirrahsim
12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
little Boomer is sucha nut:rolleyes: apparently he decided today that the jump to get up onto his window hammock is far too taxing on his little legs:D Each time he has come in the room to get onto his hammock today he has made a point of sitting down in front and below it, staring at me, and mewing one of those long and pitiful meows that make me melt into a little puddle of goo:D This is my life, servant to my feline companion:D :D Is there any better life in all the world?

slick
12-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
Is there any better life in all the world?
Absolutely not!!! Speckles does the same thing when she wants to sleep in the linen closet. Yup, I've set aside a spot for her there with a thick blanket. :D She will stand in front of the closet and meow until I open the door and lift her up. **sigh** What's a servant to do....

Edwina's Secretary
12-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Edwina does this with my dresser drawers. Stands in front of them....now here is how trained she has me....doesn't make a sound....just looks at me and then the drawer....a little cock to her head....I open the drawer and up she goes!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-09-2003, 08:32 PM
You guys are too funny! :D

Of course I don't do anything like that. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Actually I do, but I've got a good excuse - no really, I do! Tubby can't jump like he used to be able to, so if he's sitting looking up at a chair or something indicating he wants to jump up, I'll rush right over, pick him up and set him on the chair. Anything to make life easier for him. :D

slick
12-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Tubby can't jump like he used to be able to
That's why I have to help Speckles into the linen closet. Her blankie is on the second shelf. I did move it down to the first shelf, but she didn't like it so I moved it again. Trained???? OH YEA!!!!!!

catnapper
12-09-2003, 09:19 PM
No, we wouldn't do anything like that at all.... I don't at least.:rolleyes:

Ok, now that the cats are out of the room, the truth is that they sometimes are helpless critters that do need the human input to save their preciuos energy... after all, its not like they spend a good chunk of the day sleeping.:D

CatDad
12-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Mine are still young enough that they don't need help jumping on things, at this point anyway. They still have me trained however is more ways that I can count. I am very happy to be a kitty slave.:)

cubby31682
12-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Every now and then I hold Cubby up to the slider so he can see out better. There isn't really anything I have to lift him onto. He doesn't like help (unless it's to see out the slider.) :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
12-10-2003, 04:36 AM
LMAO
:D

prechrswife
12-10-2003, 07:58 AM
Chloe just likes to be picked up and held while we are standing. She will stand at our feet and give that pitiful little meow. If we don't accomodate, she will place herself in the best position (top of table, arm of couch, bed, etc.) and will leap into our arms. It's pretty amusing when you are ready for it. Not so much when she surprises you.:)

catmandu
12-10-2003, 09:33 AM
The Cats love to race me down the stairs , although with my Gout , I have become too easy to beat.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Ok, confession time. I thought of this thread last night because.....

We have an old recliner in the bedroom. Usually Tubby sleeps with me, but now and then he'll jump down from the bed and into the recliner. So I was just about to fall asleep last night when I heard him jump down. About a minute later after I didn't hear anything (I can hear him walk across the carpet when it's quiet), I cracked an eye open and saw him sitting in front of the recliner, looking up at it. So, what do I do? The only thing a good meowmy can do, I got up out of bed and picked him up and put him on the recliner where he proceeded to snuggle in and spend the rest of the night. Me, well it took me a good 15 minutes or so to fall asleep again. :rolleyes: :D

Logan
12-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Well, our friend Edwina has a secretary, so why shouldn't Boomer have himself an elevator operator to help him to his favorite spot? :D :D :D

How cute and how accomodating you are, Mom!!!! :)

sirrahved
12-10-2003, 10:58 AM
*sniffs* I remember when your RB cat, Ernie would do that.

sirrahbed
12-10-2003, 01:34 PM
oh Devon you are right! Poor old thing! He got to the point that he just could not get up and down and would patiently wait for help. What a sweetiepie he was!! RB Ernie 1986-2003
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p0e7dd26d50752978f10f084f75129f11/faf4b76a.jpg

Of course, he was used to butler and concierge service far before it was needed as well:D

Maresche
12-10-2003, 02:30 PM
My first kitty does something along the same lines. When she wants picked up, she'll sit by your feet and cry. If that doesn't work as quickly as she'd like, she'll sit up on her haunches like a dog begging, and cry again. I haven't meet anyone yet who could resist a kitty begging to be picked up.

Sirrahsim
12-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Ernie:( :( :( I miss him so much. He was such an angel. I think Boomer would kill me if I tried to put him in baby clothes or lay him on his back in a baby carriage.

sirrahbed
12-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Look what I found in the family album!
RB Ernie 1986-2003 & Missy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pebc850488959c531040ecf9023d9a5d1/faf52aa6.jpg

Of course you miss him! You two were buddies from age two until you were 18! You probably have no memories without him. Silly cat would let you put bonnets on him! He even slept in the buggy when you were gone - guess he thought it was his!! That was one pampered cat. Talk about elevator service!!