PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Read this!!

My Peanuts
12-09-2003, 02:35 PM
***Warning-this thread might be a little graphic***

As some of you know, Sylvia is in heat despite efforts to get her spayed before it happened. Anyway, her bleeding stage is beginning to stop and this morning she was acting really weird. Sylvia, in good Pug fashion, is usually the last one out of bed. This morning she woke up early and started licking Harley all over his head, legs, stomach. I thought she was acting like a mom, and she was confused and thought Harley was her puppy. Then I took them outside and all she did was jump around him. When I took them inside I went into my room to get stuff ready for a shower. Then I heard Sylvia squeaking in the living room. I ran in and saw them… uh, well stuck together with their butts facing each other. Apparently Sylvia’s efforts paid off and Harley started humping her, but he turned around so they were butt to butt. It took me a second to realize what the heck was going on. I called for my brother, who was to only one that was home and he said they were “tied” together and we called the vet. Just as the vet came on the phone Sylvia let out a big squeak and they came loose. Harley has been altered since August when we got him, so no puppies will result from this, thank God. I felt sorry for Sylvia, but after they were separated she was back up to the same stuff. They are both fine, but it gave me a scare. I have never bred dogs and never will, so I didn’t know what was going on! Now we have the puppy gates up until she stops tempting him ;) Just thought I’d share this with all of you.:)

aly
12-09-2003, 03:05 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: How scary!

I'm glad everything is okay!

wolfsoul
12-09-2003, 03:20 PM
Yikes! :eek:

I remember walking in on Pedro and Nakita like that...only neither were fixed, so guess what happened......................

tikeyas_mom
12-09-2003, 03:34 PM
i remeber when my parents bred our alaskan malamutes, they were tied in the but to but position for an hour!!! :eek:. four sweet lil malamute puppies became of it :D..

Good thing harley is neutered.. :eek:

My Peanuts
12-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom

Good thing harley is neutered.. :eek:

Yeah, I would never have let them play together if he wasn't :)

tikeyas_mom
12-09-2003, 03:44 PM
judging by your sig, i am sure harley loves sylvia alot ;).. they are soo cute :)...

My Peanuts
12-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
judging by your sig, i am sure harley loves sylvia alot ;).. they are soo cute :)...

THANKS!:D

cali
12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
lol your girl is now in standing season! I remeber when misty went through that, she had to be with someone at all times, had to take her to potty on leash, it only takes a second for an intact male to jump the fence and nail her :eek: misty and Ripley were best of friends the whole time, following each other around and basicly courting, then afterword it was back to normal fighting over everything:rolleyes: jeeze exept for mistys doggie PMS it was ver peacful beteween misty and ripper! :p

My Peanuts
12-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by cali
lol your girl is now in standing season! I remeber when misty went through that, she had to be with someone at all times, had to take her to potty on leash, it only takes a second for an intact male to jump the fence and nail her :

We have been following Sylvia around outside since she started the bleeding part of her heat, but I didn't think I had to watch her in the house since Harley is altered already.

F.Y.I. February is "Spay and Neuter Month", or something like that and prices are reduced, at least around here.