PDA

View Full Version : Lily is doing fine under the circumstances :)

Kirsten
12-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Once again, thanks everyone for your support!

Lily seems to do very well, actually I never saw a cat recovering from surgery that quickly!

She's been spayed at 9:30 am this morning, and when I picked her up at 11:30, she was already awake. I kept her in her carrier till 1 pm, then she wanted to to be released so I let her out - and she walked on her 4 legs, stumbling of course, but she was already able to walk.

At 4 pm, believe it or not, I found her on the top of the cabinet! She must have walked up the plank leading to the top which I have put there for Lily to climb. Needless to say, I put it away now for the time being. I'd never thought she would walk that plank only hours after her surgery.

She hasn't eaten or used her litter box yet, but I think that's okay. She was hiding for a couple of hours this afternoon and slept, but now she seems to do fine.

Luna is acting very nasty btw. She's growling and hissing at her, just as if I had introduced a cat to her she has never met before. She's acting exactly the same way she did when Lily moved in here in August. I figure Luna doesn't reecognize her due to her strong smell of disinfectants. One hour ago, I thought things would calm down when Luna tolerated Lily sleeping with her on her blanket, but now she's very grumpy again and even pawed at her. Luna seems to be very confused by this, almost scared.

And meowmie is very tired, so I think I'll go to bed soon. After all, the girls didn't let me sleep last night because I had to put the food away (due to Lily's surgery). They must have been so hungry that they couldn't find any sleep, so they decided to play all kinds of noisy games instead... :)

Kirsten

Russian Blue
12-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Wow, she's doing well! :)

Your right, Luna is reacting to the smell.

If you have some vanilla extract , try dabbing some on Luna's nose and chin till Lily's smell is back to normal.

Cataholic
12-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Yippee! Lily is already on the mend!

Felicia's Mom
12-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Glad she is feeling better already.:D

catlover4ever
12-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Wow, Lily sounds like she is doing wonderfully. It is funny how each kitty is different in their reaction to the anesthesia.

Luna is reacting to Lily smelling different than when she left this morning. It is very normal for her to do that. She should calm down within a few days.

Steffi N
12-09-2003, 02:46 PM
It's great to hear Lily is recovering so quickly. I'm sure things will be fine again soon between her and Luna. Meanwhile, have a good nights sleep. :)

Craftlady
12-09-2003, 03:34 PM
I'm glad to read she is doing so well. :)
Yep, those icky smells our other furry friends don't like to well.

slick
12-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
If you have some vanilla extract , try dabbing some on Luna's nose and chin till Lily's smell is back to normal.
Whoa, I've never heard of that before. You learn something every day.

Glad to see that Meowmie and Lily are getting better. Get some rest. Everything will be back to normal sooner than you think.

Killearn Kitties
12-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Aww, glad to hear that beautiful Lily is doing well. Please give her gently cuddles from me.:D

Killearn Kitties
12-09-2003, 04:01 PM
I was interested in the vanilla extract as well. Does it work? I will certainly try it, because our Sam's a horrid hisser if any of the other cats have been at the vet and she hasn't.

Logan
12-09-2003, 04:04 PM
We are hoping for a quick recovery for Lily, Kirsten, and hoping too that Luna will accept her back without too much trouble!!! :)

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-09-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm glad to hear that Lily is doing well. I'm not surprised that poor Luna is upset with her though. She's had such a trying time lately (Luna that is). Hopefully things will calm down now and they'll get back to being the loves they were. :)

CatDad
12-09-2003, 10:23 PM
I am so happy to hear that Lily is diong so well so soon after her surgery.

The hissing is normal as everyone has pointed out. Bob actually hissed at Joey for 3 days. Then he had to go for a nail trim and that knocked him down a few pegs. Now they are not the best of buds yet, but it is getting better at a rapid pace. I am hoping for cuddling again soon.

The vanilla thing does work. I have not tried it personally, but a friend of mine did and it helped with hers. She did it for introductions and it did not work a miracle, but she said that it did help.

bisi.cat
12-10-2003, 01:36 AM
Aaawww it's good to hear that Lily is recovering so nicely...and hopefully after a good's night sleep everything else is fine by now, too!!!

Does it still smell like Vanilla in your home...just add a little cinnamom and pine cone flavour and you all feel like it's "beginning to look a lot like Christmas...!";)

HayleyRosie
12-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Great to hear that Lily is doing well.

Lerah021399
12-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Glad to hear that Lily is doing so well. Kitty kisses from Jack and Ali are on the way.

Kirsten
12-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

I've tried that vanilla-thing, and it seemed to have worked. I found Luna licking Lily an hour ago! :) Thanks for that advice, RB, I have never heard about that before! :) And the vanilla smell matches perfectly with all the other christmas flavors in the house...

Lily is still doing fine. Of course she's still very tired and doesn't have much appetite, but I found her on the cabinet again! No idea how she got there because I have put the "cat walk plank" away. Stupid girl!

BTW, Lerah021399, Luna wants to know how Jack is doing...?

Kirsten

ramanth
12-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Yay! Glad to hear Lily is recovering speedily from her spay.

And RB, thanks for advice about the vanilla. I never knew that.
:)

CatDad
12-10-2003, 11:27 PM
I am so happy to hear that they are cuddling again and that all seems to be well in the house.:)

Keep us updated.:)