PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photo Shop has a new up grade.

tomkatzid
12-09-2003, 12:34 PM
I just got an E-Mail from Adobe that they have another new upgrade. Adobe Photo Shop CS (creative suite). I got my 7 upgrade from Costco last time, but they don't have CS yet. Buying it from Adobe is $169.00 for upgrade to Photo Shop CS, Standard edition is $549.00 and premium edition is $749.00, these are for the UP GRADES, not the whole versions. I didn't even know they had other versions than one. The Premium must be for business?? Anyone planning on upgrading??

2kitties
12-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Adobe bundles their softwares into suites. It isn't a photoshop upgrade. It's the entire suite upgrade, which is incredible!!
The Premium suite includes full, new versions of: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, Cue and Acrobat
The standard edition combines full, new versions of: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Cue

It's an awesome deal if you do graphic design. The full premium sells for $1,229.00 and $999.00 for standard. Then from there, you can upgrade for much less after newer versions come out.

I have the previous design suite they offered and this one is a much better bundle. I should've waited to get this one. That always happens to me:) I buy something then a newer, better version comes out right after I buy mine. Now I know why I can't bring myself to get married
;)

tomkatzid
12-09-2003, 01:31 PM
So if I get just the standard CS, thats the upgrade to what I have Photoshop 7?? Right?? It's sorta hard to understand in their e mail. They are up up grades, but I want just the upgrade for 7

Creative Suite Premium Edition.
Upgrade price: $749USD (available to Photoshop users*)
Full price: $1229USD
Act before 12/31/03 and get FREE SHIPPING and a FREE T-SHIRT.

Creative Suite Standard Edition.
Upgrade price: $549USD (available to Photoshop users*)
Full price: $999USD
Act before 12/31/03 and get FREE SHIPPING and a FREE T-SHIRT. Upgrade to
Photoshop CS
for just $169USD.
Full version: $649USD

2kitties
12-09-2003, 01:43 PM
If all you need is a PS7 upgrade, then you don't need to spend the money on the suite.
If you go to adobe.com, I think the info is more clear. They also have fantastic customer service over the phone there.

2kitties
12-09-2003, 01:45 PM
You don't happen to be a full time student or teacher do you? If so, Adobe has student rates. You could probably buy the whole thing for about $350 if you are a student or a teacher.

Miss Meow
12-09-2003, 02:26 PM
I still haven't come to terms with Photoshop 6, but you'll see that when you receive my Christmas card ;)

tomkatzid
12-10-2003, 12:09 AM
So I guess I need the $169.00 version, right?? This is what my e mail says:

Instead of calling it Photoshop 8.0 .We called it Photoshop CS.

You were expecting Photoshop 8.0 and Adobe Iss. 11, but rather than using version numbers Adobe has designated each of the new stand alone applications "CS". This "CS" indicates that these specific applications are also part of Adobe Creative Sutie, and as such are more integrated than ever before.
So.... the up grade from 7 is now called Photoshop CS.

I still don't understand the 3 different versions, even after going to the web site. I have 7, I can buy Premium , standard, or $169.00 upgrade and it's all just an upgrade for 7??? 2kitties now I'm more confused than ever.
katz

2kitties
12-10-2003, 09:38 AM
You aren't confused, you're exactly right. The Photoshop upgrade is to the CS version. It has been rumored for months that PS 8 was coming soon. Clearly, the rumor was wrong and, in fact, CS is the new thing.
If you look at the new additions, you can see if any of them apply to you. From what I can see, the best features are the SWF export, the Text on a path tool and the color matching. All those are pretty awesome. Especially the color matching, which can take hours.
So I think it's a good deal.
Unless you already have Illustrator 10 and Indesign 2, you don't need the entire suite, just the PS upgrade.

dukedogsmom
12-10-2003, 11:17 AM
I think my brother is getting me this for Christmas!! I'm very excited and can't wait to start using it. I'll probably need some help from a few of you when I get it. I know it will take me a while to learn to use it. My PSP program I got from Ebay and didn't get any books with it so I've just been learning by trial and error.

tomkatzid
12-10-2003, 12:54 PM
You can probably get an older book and it will still give you lots of info. We have a book store called "Half Price Books', and they sell software and books for re-sale, used. I have looked at the book and get all mixed up. I wanted to take a class and it was $600.00 for Photoshop 6, way back. I couldn't do that. My friend in CA. took free classes and learned tons. There are NO free classes in the Seattle area. All the computer stores and Com. Coll. are very expensive. I have another friend that helped me learn what I know now. Which isn't much:) But enough that I could make our Christmas cards !!
Katz