PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated to Murdy, cat of the day

rachel2000
10-01-2000, 09:00 AM
Stephanie,The story about you and your cat brought tears to my eyes. You are so lucky to have your beloved pet with you for such a long period of time. I remember how tragic it was when my 12 year old dog died when I was 21. Thinking back of how I loved him when I was a little girl and how I neglected him when I went through adolescent phrase, I just wish I could have had spent more time with him during his final years. Now I have a 7 year old cat and I pray for your cat, Murdy,for his healthy long life. He is, for sure, a real fighter and a very adorable one, too.

passinthru
10-01-2000, 09:27 AM
Also to Stephanie:
In February of this year, I lost my cat/friend, Cheese, after 20 years! He was with me through so much and I know how hard it is to find out someone you love is so sick. I lost Cheese to kidney failure too! And it's a hole that takes a long time to heal. But you can always remember the good times.

KLEO
10-01-2000, 09:34 AM
Dear Stephanie: I too cried when I read Murdy's story. I lost my beloved Lady Puffington to a sudden highway accident but I've never struggled through an illness with a precious kitty (yet), which I'm sure is much more difficult. As far as I'm concerned it's one of life's seeming cruelties, and like suffering for a child of your own, for that's just what they are to me, so loving, devoted, and dependent. My thoughts and prayers are with you both, and by the way, he's absolutely adorable.

ishana
10-01-2000, 09:37 AM
Dear Stefanie, I hope Murdy is ok and that you will have him for a great time longer. I think it's wonderful you grew up with Murdy. May you both be blessed and prosper together!
I have 10 cats myself and it's a joy to have them around me. It's a lot of work, but it's worth it.Our oldest cat is neirly 13 and our youngest 3 months. Except the oldest one, all the others are strays or born here from a stray mother. I sure hope Lucy (the oldest one) will live to be 25 at least. And I hope for you and your family that beautiful Murdy will be at least 30 before he leaves you!
Bye now, Ishana

rachel2000
10-01-2000, 09:56 PM
Stephanie,it's me again. Murdy looked so cute in the picture. How old was he then? or it 's his present picture.