PDA

View Full Version : Indoor kittie turns stealthy preditor, hehe

EnglishRider
12-08-2003, 08:17 PM
I lurk most of the time, but just thought I'd post this.
Last night we found two mice bodies in the house, obviously killed by one of the cats (I have 2... Madison and Bandit... roommates have Marley). One was found in Marley's food dish, the other in Lisa's (roommate) sneaker. ewww.

About 10 minutes ago, I hear a big crash and a cat growling very loud from downstairs in the kitchen. Next thing I know, Madison is tearing up the stairs into my bedroom and under my feet, followed closely by the other 2. My spoiled indoor kitty caught himself 3 mice in 24 hours! I'm so proud, lol. I didn't think any of them had it in them. Course I am disgusted at the thought that we have mice, but its not a surprise, its an older house with an unfinished first floor. I wish I had a piccy to show off Madison's trophy, lol. He was quite indignant when I cornered him and forced him to drop the live mouse into a container. Poor baby.

http://blog.myhorses.ca/archives/PA260011.jpg
(madison and bandit)

Just thought I'd share, lol
- Carole

Sirrahsim
12-08-2003, 08:24 PM
lol my lazy little Boome cauht a fly today! I about had a heart attack when i realized he had succeeded:rolleyes: :D

catcrazylady
12-08-2003, 08:29 PM
What BEAUTIFUL kitties!! They must have been so proud! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

CatDad
12-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Those are really great looking kitties.

I bet that Madison was so proud of himself.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
Those are really great looking kitties.

I bet that Madison was so proud of himself.:)

Ditto!:D

Barbara
12-09-2003, 03:18 AM
Welcome English Rider!

Glad to meet Madison and Bandit :)

I am sure you were very proud Madison :)

Lallypop11
12-09-2003, 07:50 AM
Madison and Bandit are adorable! They are helping keep the house clean for you too by catching those mice. Cats are good at everything! :D Welcome!

Killearn Kitties
12-09-2003, 08:04 AM
What a great picture of your beautiful Madison and Bandit relaxing after all the excitement!

catnapper
12-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Way to go indoor kitty! We got Allen because the winter before, we had mice all ove the place - one was in a Chritmas present (one of the decorative bags) and one ran over my foot when I went into the pantry! (Shuddering at the memory)

My little indoor hunter is very good and we only see one or two a season now! Last month my daughter was walking up the steps half asleep and stepped on a mousie left behind - in her bare feet!

Now Allen's teaching Pouncer to hunt... I see how he teaches the kitten to trap flies and moths. I don't like the idea of dead mice in my shoes, butits a far better thing thatn eating my food and leaving germy poo everywhere.

Hey, they've got to pay their keep somehow!

catmandu
12-09-2003, 09:32 AM
My princess and Michael were feral cats and can easily catch mice. Michael eats them , but Princess still has little Mouse cadavers that she plays with. No phoney mice for her.

Denyce
12-09-2003, 12:03 PM
*clapping and bowing to the Mighty Hunter Madison*

My Deirdre has smiled with her eyes and licked her chops at the thought of fresh mousie and welcomes Madison to the ranks of BDD (Bringer of Death and Destruction to the rodent population)
:D :eek:

Denyce

Logan
12-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Our Butter just brought me one :eek: . And I thought they would all be safely hibernating by now!!!!!!!!! I was wrong!!! Thankfully, I caught him before he brought it in the window that serves as his entrance/exit from our house!!!! :)

amoore
12-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Madison and Bandit found live toys! ;)

They look sweet snuggled like that, in the picture.:)

Welcome to pet talk!:)

slick
12-09-2003, 03:49 PM
EnglishRider, how nice to have you here with us and Bandit and Madison are gorgeous and what mighty hunters you have!!!

If my Max ever came across a mouse he'd run in the other direction. He's such a wimp!!!!!!