PDA

View Full Version : typing one handed

jenluckenbach
12-08-2003, 07:09 PM
why am I posting this in cat general??????? because it it the CAT'S fault!!!!!!!!!
I dare you to try to tame little kittens with one hand while still trying to post on pet talk. (yes, that is how addicted I am.......to both cats AND pet talk):eek: :rolleyes:
the hardest part is capital letters (which is why I sometime use as few as possible)
so when ever you see posts with no capitals you will know there is a little kitten on my lap and my other hand is on him/her.

:D :p

slick
12-08-2003, 07:11 PM
**raises hand and jumps up and down**

I'll hold them while you type :) :) :)

Steffi N
12-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Jen, I'm sure your lap is NEVER empty. :) :)

AmberLee
12-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Heh, heh, heh. Some evening my typing gets REALLY slow when Cassy is in my arms or on my hand... Oh, well, I'm trying to convince myself that this challenge is improving my typing under duress skills. :p :rolleyes: ;)

CatDad
12-08-2003, 08:38 PM
:D:D:D

I want that problem more often.:)

Sometimes one of them will come sit in my lap, but it is rare.

Felicia's Mom
12-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Beau likes to curl up against my chest. To keep him from falling I hold one arm under him. That leaves one hand to type with. I usually make capitals using the Caps Lock.

Prairie Purrs
12-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Cat-pal tunnel syndrome=the cramp you get in your arm from trying to type around the cat. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by slick
**raises hand and jumps up and down**

I'll hold them while you type :) :) :)

Ooh, ooh, me too! ;) :D

I'm so relieved though because when I saw the title, I thought you had been bitten now. Whew, glad that's not the case and instead it's just a bad case of kitten in lap. :D

Fox-Gal
12-08-2003, 09:00 PM
LOL My little monkey, Cali is alway in my lap as I type, sometimes she even tries to help me. I've gotten much better at typing one handed....as long as you don't check my spelling to closely It's not to bad.

What are you going to do? Move them!! I don't think so...thats not going to ever happen. So you learn a new skill and new skills are good.

CatDad
12-08-2003, 09:07 PM
ok, I think that my two read my post.

Not just one, but both have now come and sat in my while I was sitting at the computr.

Joey is now sitting in my lap.

Life is great!!!!!
:D:D

catcrazylady
12-08-2003, 09:29 PM
LOL!! Leroy can't stay out of my lap when I'm on the computer! The problem is that we have the desk that has the pull out keyboard tray. Well you can't pull it out over your lap when there is a 16 LB furball laying there wanting your attention! He has taught me more about flexability than any yoga instructor ever could!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catmandu
12-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Jen , you could always claim that you are emulating the late poet e. e cummings , who never used capitals!

Russian Blue
12-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
....so when ever you see posts with no capitals you will know there is a little kitten on my lap and my other hand is on him/her.

:D :p

Awww....I want to be typing with one hand as well! If life was only difficult because of this, it would be a good life! ;)

Nakita sits between the keyboard and me on the desk - so I have to type 'around' her! :rolleyes: It's just not the same as being a one hand typist.

lynnestankard
12-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver
Cat-pal tunnel syndrome=the cramp you get in your arm from trying to type around the cat. :D

ROFLMAO!!! I get that every night as big fat Ketchum plonks on my right arm!!

Jen - Sympathy in buckets to you - I hated it when I did my shoulder and could only type in caps., but at least fur babies aren't too painful! LOL!

Lynne

Logan
12-09-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Ooh, ooh, me too! ;) :D

I'm so relieved though because when I saw the title, I thought you had been bitten now. Whew, glad that's not the case and instead it's just a bad case of kitten in lap. :D

Me too!!! :) I was worried that you had received an awful wound, Jen!!! Glad it's just a case of "lovin on kitties". :)

micki76
12-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver

What do you call it when it's a dog? LOL Chester always makes me type one handed. He makes it very hard to keep up when I chat on AIM. :D

Uabassoon
12-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Yeah it's even worse when you have a big orange kitty sitting in your lap and trying to bite your fingers as they move across the keyboard :rolleyes:

catnapper
12-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Awwww. One of your kittens is usually in front of the screen jumping as I type - so if you see any typos or sentences that don't make sense, its because of Pouncer.

Yesterday he saw me typing and was so quick to jump up onto the dek that he jumped from the floor, to my lap, onto the keyboard tray and then the dek - as he jumped from the tray supporting the keyboard under the dek, the thing collapsed!

BTW - he's sitting here now with his little tail swishing.

Keep up the good work of taming those little loves and we'll fogive you for lack of capitals.